Forums > Advanced Staff moves > Global Contact Staff Video Project! [VIDEO!]

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Global Contact Staff Video Project!

Inspired the Antti/Ima (A.I.) Staff Juggling Project, I think it's time for a Global Contact Staff Video!

Rules:

1) it's gotta be CONTACT!

2) you can use any number of staffs.

3) fire is okay, practise in daylight is better!

4) it's gotta be cool, new, funny, dancey or smoooooth. (Or just a kick ass combo.)

5) use your environment!

So maybe you can do an old-school move REALLLY well, film it, send it to me.

Or you have something nobody else can do, totally new, or just a small variation on something else that you haven't seen online before. Send it in.

Something funny... or dancey? Send it.

Some outrageously long contact combo? Send it!

Or just send all the stuff you want to show off to the world.

PM me for details where to send miniDV tapes, or DVD's of raw footage. If you wanna use the internet to send files, I can recommend large file uploaders, and zero compression on your movie.

If you don't have a video camera, beg, buy or borrow one.

If you have some kind of tiny handheld camera / mobile phone / photo camera that takes video, then fine... just make sure it can output raw movies to at least 320 by 240. And it must be in a brightly lit environment.

Deadline:

2 Months from now: 1st December.

Then it should be out for Christmas!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so it wasn't entirely out for chrimbo, and it's not entirely finished yet, still waiting on certain footage to arrive.... ARGH! Plus I have the flu, and I had it over christmas too, so I'm not happy, and I might yet go home and sulk at my parents house, without the big 'puter to edit on.

So just in case, and so you don't get sulky like me, I'll post two of the parts I've finished...

The american bit: Sexy locations, some extreme groundwork... and all thanks to Noel(ski):

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5475526252191101727

and my bit:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3396838571530846886

To come maybe tonight: Some super cool foot contact and uber doubles contact by Chris Parham, he deserves his own segment... And a segment of australians, like, Neon Dave, Gracie and Kyle.

Wish me luck.

Megout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

okays:

Chris Parham, English good guy that he is, some beautiful creative new stuff in here:

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3778042028882540681

and the aussie section, feat: neon-dave, gracie from Flameoz with some feicha and Kyle McLean, the inimitable. (I think that's the word)

https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2086665096377342883

EDITED_BY: mcp (1199238822)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hey wow my backyard of jungledom, rock! some wicked foot stuff in chris's video yay, thats the most solid ive ever seen foot fishtails!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
he is a bit good at foot fishtails , amazed me last summer at southern lights at how well he can transition from staff on his hands then jus drop into foot fishtails reall smoothly

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
yep he set me searching for foot fishtails tutorials (meg has none on tutorials page tongue biggrin)

love noelskis stuff too

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
tutorials for foot fishtails?

If you really want to learn how to do them. Go and learn how to do them. You shouldn't need a tutorial.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

926 posts

Posted:
perhaps not, but it certainly makes it easier.. hard knock life eh..

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
there isn't much that's going to make foot fishtails easier, other than a ton of practise...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
if you can do a fishtail on your hand you know how to do it on your foot, jus a case of gettin your foot to make that movement

926 posts

Posted:
yeah totally.. ive been pretty slack recently.. think im a fair weather spinner! ubblol

thanks for the info simta, ill work on it smile

Owned by Brenn smile

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

tutorials for foot fishtails?

If you really want to learn how to do them. Go and learn how to do them. You shouldn't need a tutorial.

Its not that a tutorial is needed, but that a complete archive of all moves and variations thereof is simply a wonderful thing to see all in one place.

Now, go make more tutorials and quit messing around with vodka. wink

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
are foot fishtails an irony? not many fish have feet (flippers don't count lol)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Nice work Chris!
clap clap
smile

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

are foot fishtails an irony? not many fish have feet (flippers don't count lol)

Fair point, though you could also argue they don't have fishtails, just tails... Mind you, very few fish do staff these days, they all seem to think juggling's cool.
Muppets.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

926 posts

Posted:
bah. feet dont work! mad2

id imagine fish felt the same...probably thought they looked a bit rubbish too..toes and everything.. ubbrollsmile

Owned by Brenn smile

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: burningoftheclavey

bah. feet dont work! mad2

its only been 8 days, you are asking them to do something quite strange and unexpected for them

926 posts

Posted:
lol i know.. im so impatient! and they did cry out in horror when i told them what i wanted to do.. they saw how long it took for my hands to understand ubblol

Owned by Brenn smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
it's actually easier to learn for you feet as there is a v shape for the stick to sit in. it's just a loot harder to make it look as good as chazz hug he has been playing with them for ages they were in his set at the fire gathering last may

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

926 posts

Posted:
heh thanks mynci, i can pick up my staff and also bounce it back to my hand with my feet but nothing else yet...perhaps i should start off slow and build up to the foot-tails.. wink hug

Owned by Brenn smile

Ninja_Davemember
58 posts

Posted:
more vids please, nice spinny things!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
where is your entry boyo?

Page: