bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
frown

ever since HoP got larger i have come to the website, looked at it, and thought 'there is too much here for me to look at in the time i usually give to HoP every day' and logged off again.

so not only do i not really know what all the new forums do (apart from the obvious given by their titles), i'm now several weeks behind any threads i was involved in, and unlikely to ever catch up. waaah.

in a pure grumpy 'i can see that this is good and it makes HoP work better for the majority' outburst: I DON'T LIKE IT.

not that it should be changed. i should be more adaptable.....

anyone else the same?

ubblol

(PS; i did look for a thread about the new forums, and thought long and hard about whether this should be in discussion or chat, and in the end, though my tone is chatty, i think its a discursive point.....)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Well...I haven't noticed it getting any busier...except for last thursday, that was a busy day.

I usually open this site first thing in the morning, which puts it towards the end of the English working day when most things that were going to be said, have been said.

Then Australia comes online.

But usually I can cover what I want to cover in about 15 minutes, then I decide what thread(s) if any, I want to get involved in. oh yea...and then there's the research.

But I still see it's the least busy of any of the boards I'm involved in..

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
not busier, just larger and less wieldy....

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
The 'minus' icon with international and social category.

Better?

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no (i read one forum off each one...), but i would LOVE to have that on individual forums - is that possible? mods?

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Either all become library and disappear

or the division is the bomb.

error message,

POI THEO(R)IST

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean Rob...

But seriously in the last 2 weeks... nothing much has happened or been posted in the last 2 weeks in regards to Social, Oldies, Intros, Help and Beginners Poi... those are all I really read, I take a glance of topics in the others.

The speed you read, you'd catch up in 2 mins flat wink

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I like using the show recent messages feature you can select a time frame and it will show you a list of messages that have happend since then.

It is a good way to keep up to date with threads that are being posted in if you only have a short amount of time to read.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: bluecat

ever since HoP got larger i have come to the website, looked at it, and thought 'there is too much here for me to look at in the time i usually give to HoP every day' and logged off again.

so not only do i not really know what all the new forums do (apart from the obvious given by their titles), i'm now several weeks behind any threads i was involved in, and unlikely to ever catch up. waaah.

in a pure grumpy 'i can see that this is good and it makes HoP work better for the majority' outburst: I DON'T LIKE IT.

not that it should be changed. i should be more adaptable.....

anyone else the same?

Sooo... you haven't actually tried it much and you weren't involved in or contributed to any of the countless hours of discussions on how to change it and you're finding it more difficult to catch up than the months you spend offline lost in Robland?

We haven't made you any cake either have we?

ubblol

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
soooooo; i have tried it, i was involved, (but decided not to bring up any doubts cause it all seemed sensible), and no, i haven't been given cake mad

and i didn't get an invite either tongue *sulk* wink

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

cake sir,

POI THEO(R)IST

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
aaaaaaaaaaaah. thanks.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I just think that Malcolm's and folks have been busting their butt for the good of the order and that comments like:

in a DISCUSSION setting are a bit unproductive if not rude. I appreciate all that's been and being done around here and if there are any positive suggestions that would help the site they really seem like they would have been listened to.

If this was a rant in a chat or an intro then it's fine and personal but there was clearly some 'discursive' decision making in putting it in discusssion.

I think some of the changes are fantastic and some of the changes will take some getting used to and some of the changes needed work the day after they were implemented.

If you want to contribute to improve it, then get on it. We desperately need more tutorial videos as well as some sheriffing of those tutorial videos already submitted. I haven't looked at Staff yet but I'm sure we could use a newbie wrangler there also.

Gotta run, bells and such. hug

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ok;

well, i might get round to submitting some tutorial videos - but i doubt it, as i have my own site to keep up to date. i'll happily spend the rest of my life trying to advance spinning, just not that way.

however, the discursive point is this - i would like to be able to hide the forums i don't use. is that possible? currently i can hide whole sections, but that is too large a stick, and takes out things i do want to use.

i'm not rude, i'm just big boned.

i was very much there when all the discussions were had, but all my points were made by others, and i hate repetition almost as much as you... i'm very aware that malcolm et al work very hard to make HOP work, so don't point that finger at me.

anyway. the other grump is still there wink hug

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

however, the discursive point is this - i would like to be able to hide the forums i don't use. is that possible? currently i can hide whole sections, but that is too large a stick, and takes out things i do want to use.

I'm taking your request seriously but am confused...

You want to hide Forums? Like on the little pop down menu of places to jump you want to not see "social chat" or something? Or is it on the larger "community" board that you want to not see specific forums?

I can't imagine how going from 13 to 16 different forums made your life that much more difficult.

Because I've been ignoring Staff stuff for years without much effort. I certainly wouldn't have thought to ask for a way to block myself from seing staff forums because I had no interest.

I'm clearly misunderstanding. Otherwise Google must be utterly terrifying. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
AJAX!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_(programming)

Non-Https Image Link

soooo jedi!

and very web 2.0!

Non-Https Image Link

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:

i would like to be able to hide the forums i don't use. is that possible?

check it out, here is waht you do, Go into a forum that you read and scroll WAY to the bottom, Click "Favorite Forum (toggle)" this will add that forum to yer favorites, do this to just the forums you are interested in. Then go to the main index and at the bottom there is a link that says "show favorites" or something, click that and yer set.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
awesome Poje.. works a treat.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ditto

However there is also the option of logging in more frequently so that you don't have weeks' worth of threads to catch up on wink

*come to the HoP. feel the power of the HoP. let yourself go and be at one with the HoP*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Surely the process of toggling 'Favourite Threads' - ones you wish to keep a track of will solve everything? (except for that annoying thing it does when it goes all the way to the post-less end page!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
awesome, poje, thanks. that's exactly what i was looking for smile

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
i was away for a little while (about 2 weeks, adjusting to college life etc.) came back and found that all the moves forums have changed, the only trouble i'm having is deciding which forum is more me, beginner or advanced??? lol

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!