Forums > Technical Discussion > powerisers-- long distance efficient??

Login/Join to Participate

nicoskate3001SILVER Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
I want to buy a pair of powerizers but I will probably use them to run from point A to point B instead of buying a bike..... is this a good desition?? thank you...

life without danger is a waste of oxygen

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Guess the bike is a lot more energy efficient and has a great advantage over powerisers.

But you certainly will put a puzzled look and a smile on ppls faces when using them - so for the sake of this: go powerisers!

biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Powerrisers are hard work, as you are essentially lifting up a heavy weight everytime you lift up a leg and have to make a very conscious effort not to trip up over yourself. After seeing Tobi break his elbow the other week whilst running on powerrisers, I would also caution you and tell you that they're really not the safest things around, most people consider the risk of injury much higher than when fire spinning.

Practically, I'd say no, not a particuarly practical idea, especially if you're considering running where people (especially who've never seen them before) are walking. Having said that, they are a lot of fun.

Sometimes practicality can be overrated... wink

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Go for a bike biggrin

MUCH safer and quicker too.

nicoskate3001SILVER Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
ok thanks guys I'll see what I do

life without danger is a waste of oxygen

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I have heard really nasty stories of how bad they are for your joints from various people. I wouldn't recommend them as an everyday form of transport, unless you need to flip over cars on your way to work

Viva UGLY STAFF

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheApprovingNinja

I have heard really nasty stories of how bad they are for your joints from various people. I wouldn't recommend them as an everyday form of transport, unless you need to flip over cars on your way to work

Everyone needs to flip over cars on their way to work - it's almost a basic human right wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.