• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > powerisers-- long distance efficient??

Login/Join to Participate

nicoskate3001
SILVER Member since Dec 2006

stranger

Total posts: 13
Posted:I want to buy a pair of powerizers but I will probably use them to run from point A to point B instead of buying a bike..... is this a good desition?? thank you...

life without danger is a waste of oxygen

Delete Topic

FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:Guess the bike is a lot more energy efficient and has a great advantage over powerisers.

But you certainly will put a puzzled look and a smile on ppls faces when using them - so for the sake of this: go powerisers!

biggrin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

pricklyleaf
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

pricklyleaf

with added berries

Total posts: 1365
Posted:Powerrisers are hard work, as you are essentially lifting up a heavy weight everytime you lift up a leg and have to make a very conscious effort not to trip up over yourself. After seeing Tobi break his elbow the other week whilst running on powerrisers, I would also caution you and tell you that they're really not the safest things around, most people consider the risk of injury much higher than when fire spinning.

Practically, I'd say no, not a particuarly practical idea, especially if you're considering running where people (especially who've never seen them before) are walking. Having said that, they are a lot of fun.

Sometimes practicality can be overrated... wink

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

UCOF
SILVER Member since Apr 2002

UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Go for a bike biggrin

MUCH safer and quicker too.

Delete

nicoskate3001
SILVER Member since Dec 2006

stranger

Total posts: 13
Posted:ok thanks guys I'll see what I do

life without danger is a waste of oxygen

Delete

TheApprovingNinja

TheApprovingNinja

From the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE

Total posts: 371
Posted:I have heard really nasty stories of how bad they are for your joints from various people. I wouldn't recommend them as an everyday form of transport, unless you need to flip over cars on your way to work

Viva UGLY STAFF

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted: Written by: TheApprovingNinja

I have heard really nasty stories of how bad they are for your joints from various people. I wouldn't recommend them as an everyday form of transport, unless you need to flip over cars on your way to work

Everyone needs to flip over cars on their way to work - it's almost a basic human right wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete