Forums > Social Chat > Pumpkin Carving Madness!

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
It's getting so very close... so very close now... that I can taste it.... and it tastes like... mmm.... pumpkin spice.

So, what are you plotting upon scarring into the flesh of a poor, unsuspecting, otherwise innocent, large pumpkin this year?

..... yes, I realize the first sentence makes my own brain hurt, but I was somehow possessed by Captain Kirk. ubbrollsmile

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i hate carving pumpkins.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
despite living in australia (where halloween is no big deal & usually seen as a pointless american holiday!) we carved a pumpkin last year!! biggrin we were having a halloween party anyway & weren't planning on carving a pumpkin...but when i found a carving pumpkin (i.e. very few seeds) - we had to do it!! biggrin

as for this year...i think i'm probably not gonna carve one...people don't go trick or treating here & i'm not sure if we're gonna have a party this year!! tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
i love pumpkin biggrin mine always looks creepy - without me meaning it too. in fact i love pumpkin so much that i somehow got roped into doing juggling workshops at a pumpkin festival n Southampton......don't ask me how im really not sure how it happened!

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I love pumpkin pie.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I'm a crazy-ass pumpkin artist. I actually run a lil seasonal buisness carving custom pumpkins. My best in that job having been carving Captain Morgan into a pumpkin for National Distribution. This year I had Boulder Beer lining up my services as soon as september came around! Some of my other faves I've done for my own enjoyment have been

The Psycho House in full detail
Jim Morrison
Ana Matronic
Frankenfurter
Jake Shears
A full graveyard scene

This year I'm thinkin it's gonna be either "My Pumpkin Romance" as in five pumpkins with one band member each, or "A Fire Inside...literally" as in doing a pumpkin of each member of AFI, and possibly Smith and Fritch too. I already have the Davey pattern worked out from ages ago.

By that same token, it would be killer to take details of Davey's tattoo sleeves and put them on a pumpkin, lol.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
wow....do you make good pie?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

422 posts

Posted:
Lol. Wow.... someone's pumpkin carving obsession runs far deeper than mine! *impressed* My best pumpkin was Jhonen Vasquez's "Filler Bunny" doing a little jig while on fire (in homage to the Filler Bunny's jig-for-killing-him-and-ending-his-reanimated-misery).

Do we get to see pics? Huh huh huh?

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
Actually Poje, I make a viciously bitchin' punkin pie. I am gonna attempt to make it vegan stylie this year...yikes.

As for pics, yes...you get to see them as soon as I get things carved and loaded up.

I settled on the theme this year for good now though. I'm definitely doing the literal fire inside. I've got friends on the lookout for good images of Davey Havok's tattoo sleeves so I can put those on pumpkins too!

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I have never had pumpkin pie..

Nor have I even carved a pumpkin.. for some random reason, we used to carve swedes in our house instead.. probably because they're a lot cheaper..

No, not people from Sweden..

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol i was wondering what swedes was tongue

i definitely want to see pictures when they're done Fireina. i suck at carving pumpkins, but halloween is the only part of the fall that i look forward to.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

422 posts

Posted:
The only part of fall you look forward to? Halloween basically eats up ALL of my fall. This year's going to basically be a week long celebration with Zodiac concerts, going out, parties, and even, oh heavens, Johnny Bass's birthday in Philly (he's my bro, and he's had a rough couple of months).

.... but.... uh.... not to sound moronic.... but what is a swede?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: OED

I. 1. A native of Sweden.
In quot. 1614 incorrectly tr. L. Suevi Swabians; May's version (1627) has Sueuians.

2. A Swedish ship. rare{em}1.

II. (Now with lower-case initial.)

3. (= earlier Swedish turnip.) A large variety of turnip with yellow flesh, Brassica campestris, var. Rutabaga, first introduced into Scotland from Sweden in 1781-2.

4. attrib. and Comb. in sense 3, as swede-field, -hacking, -trimming, turnip; swede-basher slang, a farm worker; hence, a rustic (cf. BASHING vbl. n. 3); so swede-bashing a.; swede greens, swede tops, the tops of swedes eaten as greens.

I'm worried about the "swede-bashing" part eek

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
The original jack-o-lantern was carved in a turnip I do believe, so I suppose a Swede is a close call to the true jack-o-lantern.

I found my pic of Ana MaPumpkin!

Non-Https Image Link

I know Jim's hanging around somewhere, I just dunno where the photo went! I don't know where the vast majority of my pumpkin pics are...mostly cause I'm forever losing track of photos.

Proudly MCRmy