fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
i tried to hook up with peolpe in toronto.nobody responded to my mails.somebody had the same experience?

frank bentzin

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hi Firefly. Yes I have had the same experience.I sent emails to loads of ppl in my area and recieved nothing for months. Strange, I thought, but maybe not everyone is as passionate about spinning as me.Then I tried a different tactic and sent emails with details of a spin meet, Venue, time, date etc...the response was much better. The first few meets went well, but attendance has tailed off after four weeks. Ppl don't even bother to reply to my emails/texts anymore (even though some of them are still on this board. You no who you are!). Worse still are my friends who promise to come and then don't bother (AKA *lunching out*). I still turn up every time and spinning on my own isn't so bad but it's not what I was trying to achieve. A small few have kept in touch and explained why they can't make it, Thanx you guys!The *meet others* directory is a brilliant idea, however it is only as strong as the sum of its parts. IMHO If ppl can't be bothed to make an effort to get/stay in touch then they are not worth our time and energy.If I lived near you Firefly we could meet up every week and spin together smileOnelove Thistlefirepixie grin[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 19 May 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 19 May 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
im sorry thistle.... please slap my wrists...it is a long story... and bad luck why i have not come recently , but soon, i havent done any fire for a whileso i am not just not coming, those photos have come out, some of thwm are over-exposed but others are amaising, steve wants to come down again soon and it will be great to see you around.oh and sorry again that i did not answer the txt but i havent got any cash on my phone... but i will tonight so il txt ya...-----enjoy - Angus - Ajtag@btinternet.com

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Hey there firefly,I'm not from toronto but I go to school in rochester NY if you're ever down in NY let me know we should spiin sometime... wait a minute, (Light bulb goes on above N8's head) Pele the martian and I were tentatively planning to meet on a beach in rochester on the weekend of 2nd of june- If you'd like to come and can find a way down I'd love to have you come.Happy spinning,N8------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Apology accepted Angus. Forgiveness granted. I'm stiltwalking at side of Theatre Royal 2nite got free bar tab, come along 4 a drink if u get time.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smilePS Looking forward to seeing photos tonguepps sorry for boring everyone else with personal stuff![This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 19 May 2001).][This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 19 May 2001).]

Are we nearly there yet?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
is this a bribe?? but yeah i think i may just be able to make it.... yay, and thanks to malcolm i can bring some non-fire poi... thanks, what time is it on??

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
FIREFLY im soooo sorry ive fallen off topic.. but i have been very lucky as thistle was the person i had contacted. although i have been trying to get someone called emma to come to a spin for a while so i know the fustration, dont worry... angus - Enjoy

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
I'm from Toronto, but I'm a REAL newbie to Poi. smile As in started learning a few weeks ago.

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
ajtag:don't say sorry,no big "deal"! N8:thanx fot the invitation!i will let you now,if i come down! thistle:i'm a stiltwalker as well!did you ever crash down?i use 3.5 feet,how about you?keep the fire burninng!!!

frank bentzin

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
oh,i forgot eyestorm:send me an e-mail if you like! frankbentzin@hotmail.com easy coming,easy going

frank bentzin

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Firefly, you're the one whose name I couldn't remember!!! :embarrassed:It was JesseJames, Sryte and Firefly that were all planning to get together in TO, but I thought that wasn't until July, last I checked anyway. Are you back already Firefly? I thought you weren't returning to TO until June or something. Anyway, Enigma and Eyestorm are also from TO so we can have one biggish (for poi on this coast) party.N8, can we switch to June 3rd, as I got a booking on the 2nd? That and once we get the plans for July set, if you and GFM want to join us on the TO (Toronto, Ontario) excursion you are more than welcomewe can maybe carpool or caravan, it's only about a 2 hour (well, 2 1/2 from Rochester) drive from here, depending on traffic. smileI didn't forget you Firefly, in fact, I emailed you and never got a reply. confused Oh well.Best to all and soon to meet ya! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Well, if we do get together, keep in mind I'm really green with Poi. My freind, who goes by EnigmA, has some awesome self-taught(or so he says... ?) moves/wraps/etc using a single Poi, it looks pretty cool. He's especially interested in meeting others and sharing moves, however some of his own he's a bit reluctant to give up... tongueBTW Monday is Victoria day (fireworks), and I'm getting some glowsticks out for the first time. smile smile smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
pele:i'm back since end of march.i didn't get a mail.try again please: frankbentzin@hotmail.com

frank bentzin

HOP Newsletter