Forums > Social Chat > Moving to New Jersey!!!

Login/Join to Participate

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
'Ello, fellow HoP'ers! A lot of stuff has been going on in my world, but anywho! Long story short, I'm packin' my bags for New Jersey. I'll be living there and hopefully be able to step up my performing!

Woo!

John~~

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi john, I live in PA. Where in NJ are you moving?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You're excited about it? Really?

Have you ever smelled NJ?

Anyway, I go to the Somerset area about..well...several times a year. And for 5 weeks in the summer, I spend nearly every weekend there.

Where are you in PA Anuebunnie? I also spend way to much time there, or driving through there during the summer.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

You're excited about it? Really?

Have you ever smelled NJ?

Anyway, I go to the Somerset area about..well...several times a year. And for 5 weeks in the summer, I spend nearly every weekend there.

.... Pele, you CANNOT judge all of NJ and its associated smells by Somerset. Trust me, it's just overflow housing for students from Rutgers renting apartments and houses. My brother, the infamous Johnny Bass, lives out there.... along with some guy who likes to practice acupuncture on the kitchen counter.

Might I recommend Avon (the Irish Riviera), Buck's Mill area, what was once the Stone Living Room, and, of course, Red Bank? Sure, Red Bank's full of yuppies, and it doesn't have quite as much of its hippy/artisty charm, but it's still fun. And who could resist a fun night at Chubby's with some great local bands?

.... but I'm getting off topic.

Whereabouts are you moving?

I'm a Jersey native, living in the Monmouth County area (picture Kevin Smith's Tri-Town Area... and that's basically where I live), so I'd be UTTERLY delighted to have some spin company. I've been all alone down here!

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You going to be near NYC?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pele I'm outside of philly about 30-45 minutes in a small town called Lansdale. The way I drive I can Make monmouth county *freehold mall* in about 2 hours and 15 minutes. biggrin

* zooms away*

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Anuebunnie

Pele I'm outside of philly about 30-45 minutes in a small town called Lansdale. The way I drive I can Make monmouth county *freehold mall* in about 2 hours and 15 minutes. biggrin

* zooms away*

......... Anuebunnie.... you should join us at Shampoo on October 31st!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ahhhh Club Shampoo..... The memories......

I would love to but sad to say weeknights are so bad for me. Between work and my 6 year old I have to decline for now. Thanks for the invite anyway smile

If somehow I am able to get out that night I will let you know.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am in/around/through Harrisburg mostly, but will be in Wilkes-Barre the first weekend in November and will be at PARF (PA Ren Faire) all weekends in Oct (as far as I know).

My apprentice is going to be at Wicked Labyrinth this weekend (I can't be there) in NJ. I will be performing/doing henna at Wicked Winter Fest in Feb tho in the same spot in NJ! smile

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

addict
567 posts

Posted:
Doc, I'll be twenty minutes away from manhattan. But sorry guys, I unfortunately don't know where. But I do know it will be close as hell to NY. I'm so excited! I'll see snow and stuff

You guys think I'll meet my first hippy there? ubblol

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hippies? In NY? No your most likely to meet yuppies and Dinks, not to mention crazy war vets *god bless them*

addict
567 posts

Posted:
ubblol I've yet to meet one of them.

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by: RaveRepresent

ubblol I've yet to meet one of them.

But, you have yet to say what area you're moving towards! Different areas have different people! The Tri-State area varies greatly! If you're heading towards Red Bank, you'll be hanging with yuppies PRETENDING their hippies. If you head towards the Brunswicks, it'll be drunkies who LOATHE hippies, but secretly are basically hippies in college too pretentious to admit it. It you're going to be down by Sleazeside Heights, you'll be surrounded by tourists who pay to THINK they're hippies each summer.

.... and then there are the Gatherers.

If you've met a Gatherer or seen a Gatherer, you know what I'm talking about. They are the ultimate hippy and the ultimate hippy-stereotype ALL at the same time. They're just also really creepy in concept.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ditto

Its true, the tri state does vary greatly. Dont forget the weekend warriors. *nods*