Forums > Help! > Poi Shops In The USA

Login/Join to Participate

TribalBeatsSiouxSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any shops in the Orange County or LA area?

72 posts

Posted:
Thank you Malcolm. I have done a online search with no avail. I am just wanting to see in person before I make a purchase.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
make it yerself....if you search the forums, im sure youll find numerous tutorials of how to make all different kinds of toys.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
HoP is a most trustworthy site to buy from. Really, not just cos this is the HoP site! Their quality and prices and service etc are just dandy. You can make things yourself.. simple cone poi and so on. But for fire goods, it is not a bad idea at all to buy from a quality supplier as they know the hardware and techniques, and have bulk purchasing power for materials, that in the end gets passed on to you.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Gabe speaks the truth.

I buy local for many things but find HOP quality excellent and not all our suppliers have what is needed but HOP does at reasonable prices.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Tens of thousands of satisfied customers can't be wrong... HoP rocks!

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
While I love HOP, maybe we could come up with a list of stores in our area that sells poi and staff and other juggling material. Sometimes, it's a good way to meet people too

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I would like to be a retailer of HOP here in PA, but lack of funds prevents me from opening a store here. I hate being to poor to open my own business.

72 posts

Posted:
It would be nice to open a store around here, but small "Mom & Pop" shops do not survive and a lot of shopping centers are being torn down to build more housing.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Get big, or get niche - and survive any ways wink

Opening an HoP outlet in the US would not be such a bad idea, huh Malcolm?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
But are you sure you want a re-seller?

Why buy retail when you can buy wholesale straight from HoP?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

72 posts

Posted:
I am just one of those persons that still enjoys getting in the car and driving to a shop to make purchases rather than doing it online. I will by online though if I do not have a choice though.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
which brings another advantage - saving petrol money! wink

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

72 posts

Posted:
Tis true, especially with the rising prices.

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
I didnt see any online indication of sellers in LA, but I have to say, I do feel uneasy about recommending another seller here on HoP. Remember that your purchases here do go to help support and maintain these forums. It just seems bad form for me to suggest other places to spend your money while using HoP's boards.

That being said, I do know you can find a place out in Arizona, if you search. wink

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

Well said Squid smile

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I hear those Arizonians are pretty good too.

I totally see where TBS is coming from though, i would never buy a staff that i couldnt hold and try out before i buy it. Then again, I'm sure HoP takes returns? But i'd still rather not have to return 3 staffs until i finally get what i want.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
I just like being able to look at something and walk out with it (after paying)

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

72 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

I just like being able to look at something and walk out with it (after paying)

Ditto.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I usually look at it. See if I like it. Say "I'll think about it." Then go see if it's on HoP.

I see it in person and I get to buy from HoP! Win-win!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
The NYC style of shopping wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

HypnoticGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
Fact is that walking into a poi shop is pretty difficult. HOP tends to sell quality of whatever they do sell. When it comes to poi and certain fire head HOP you the man. There is just certain things that performers tend to look for that arent here. Or just specialized equipment. Other shops tend to only have one or two things that are any good. A fire eating torch here a staff or fan there.

Here is a link that should be able to help your searching, even though its only online. Just look through sites links (even here)
and you will find lots of usful things. https://www.fire-dancing.com
pluse other performers tend to make stuff too. If you like it check it out. Fire groove Hoop girl, like I said all specialized.

If variety and reputable quality is what you want. your allready there wink

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
i hunted all the juggling stores in new orleans and notta one carried or would even special order poi for me so i had opened a bank acount just to buy from hop took a while to get my poi but i am happy for now. think i am gonna start making my own from now on

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Poi from HoP are some of the best quality poi I've ever seen and the service that HoP give is amazing. I ordered a fire staff for my nephew for Christmas and it arrived at my door just 5 days after purchasing it. I'm in the UK and HoP is in NZ. They delivered faster than most of the UK suppliers could!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!