GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Last night i spun fire at a mates party. After id spun, one of the lads said he wanted to give fire breathing a go. I told him it was quite dangerous but he went ahead anyway.

At first he put a bit of kero in the cap and some on a stick. He put the caps worth or kero in his mouth and lit the stick. The blew it onto the flame making a nice fireball.

After that he picked up the tub of kero, got a mouthful and did the same, this time there was a bigger fireball (believe it or not)

Is that all fire breathing is? If so its well easy. I thought you had to try really hard not to swallow it or burn your face/lungs, obviously not!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Firstly read this fire breathing

And this an interview with pele

And all of these... [Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

There are lots and lots of threads on fire breathing, have a look through them using the search function at the top of the page.

Secondly, yes, that is all there is to it, but the risk is incredibly high, (read above article).

That is partly why fire breathing is not considered particularly impressive within the fire community, as not that much skill is involved compared to other disciplines. (And of course, because its very dangerous).

That said, there is still some skill involved, and extensive practise with aspirating water should be carried out before going anywhere near fuel.

Your friend was lucky this time. But if he continues without learning how to do it properly, the chances are that he will not be so lucky in the future.

All it takes is a gust of wind, or a breath thats too early after the fire ball. Not to mention the long term risks of putting fuel in your mouth, especially as he hasn't used any barrier cream.
EDITED_BY: pricklyleaf (1190562726)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Another unfortunate thing about fire-breathing is that, even if you have no actual accidents, you will be getting health problems over the long term from the fuel that gets left in your body.

Some seeps into the lungs, where it remains, some gets absorbed via the mouth lining; most people who perform fire-breathing regularly over several years will suffer from lung problems.

Then there's the possible longer-term stuff caused by the fact that fuel contains many cancer-causing chemicals.

Where accidents are concerned, they seem to be somewhat random, as several of the people badly hurt by fire-breathing have been very experienced at the art and also very safety conscious.

Lastly, fire-breathing and parties are generally a bad combination, especially when it comes to people 'having a go'.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

fiyaloonnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

Firstly read this fire breathing

And this an interview with pele

And all of these... [Old link]

[Old link]

[Old link]

There are lots and lots of threads on fire breathing, have a look through them using the search function at the top of the page.

Secondly, yes, that is all there is to it, but the risk is incredibly high, (read above article).

That is partly why fire breathing is not considered particularly impressive within the fire community, as not that much skill is involved compared to other disciplines. (And of course, because its very dangerous).

That said, there is still some skill involved, and extensive practise with aspirating water should be carried out before going anywhere near fuel.

Your friend was lucky this time. But if he continues without learning how to do it properly, the chances are that he will not be so lucky in the future.

All it takes is a gust of wind, or a breath thats too early after the fire ball. Not to mention the long term risks of putting fuel in your mouth, especially as he hasn't used any barrier cream.

Hiya I have done this and still considering to breath fire is there any other type of fuel that could be used in the uk apart from these mentioned.

I have heard of pyro fuel, what is this and can you get it in the uk?

Caynestranger
1 post

Posted:
practice makes perfect, and you can achieve a lot more than just a nice little fire ball. Depends on your practice, lung capacity and fuel.
This is me fire breathing

take a look

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
Like I said in another recent thread, if you had ooked up the info on fire breathing you wouldn't need to ask for fuel recommendations.

So go read up on it. You are risking your life every time you do it.

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
in regards to fiyaloon's question on other alternative fuels, I use a fuel called 'Aspen', it the most cleanest fuel available but it is verry expensive around £13 for a gallon. howeverit is worth it as it doesn't contain alot of the harmfull chemicals that is in a lot of other fuels and it doesnt taste as nasty as kero, and it doesn't leave that greasy lining in your mouth either, but it is a little more volatile than kero so be aware and be even more carefull. you can get Aspen from any good chainsaw dealer

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers