Posted:

EDITED_BY: g6555act (1425758045)

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
the "new to poi" thread is what you're looking for

[Old link]

link added if you're lazy, but looking through the list of threads is usually a good idea before you post a new one

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
how fast do you really expect someone to answer your question?

instead of just posting the question on that thread, did you not read through the thread itself?

maybe try the search function???

on a site with 50,000+ members do you think there might be a possibility that your question may already have been asked before by someone else???

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
hmmm,

Welp I've answered you question bud, just after you posted it there actually. Simta is right, patience is key around here, also the search button. We know you are knew so the customs and such of the forum aren't necessarily obvious to you.

For those people who have been here forever and ever (way longer than I) its quite annoying to see the same question asked over and over and over again in multiple threads. From their standpoint they've already answered it a billion times and someone coming along asking that question again is more than annoying its almost disrespectful what with all the effort that's been put in answering the question before.

However that being said, I understand that new people want an answer and its much easier just to post it and move on instead of searching for the answer. Please don't be discouraged if people don't answer your questions immediately or even in the thread you make. Also it would be a good idea to search for answers first. remember there's many ways to ask a question and many terms that all mean the same thing involved so spend a few minutes looking around and plugging different options into the search before you post a new thread, you will DEFINITELY get more useful info by finding an old thread than by starting a new one.

Simta, I know you are probably annoyed at this thread a bit but remember, its a new person, they don't know everything about the forum. We don't want to discourage new people by jumping all over their back the first time they make a mistake. Sarcasm only pushes them off and I'd like to think this community is much more open than that. Lets give them a guiding hand instead of a slap on the wrist. It'll always go over better, and you'll look better for it.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
didnt think i was being harsh, was just giving them the range of options available

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You're not annoying smile

hug2

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
UCOF is annoying.

You're not going to take the crown from him that easily. wink

Well, shall we go?