• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > you know you spin too much when...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1234
Skrytinn_Qveldriga
Skrytinn_Qveldriga

delectatio morosa, gaudium, desiderium
Total posts: 160
Posted:ok so have you ever had those moments when something completely unrelated to spinning happens and it makes you think of something to do with whatever toys you play with?

like...

i was smoking in my back yard and i was spacing out looking at one of those little plastic things that twirl around when the wind blows on them, except this one had two fans on it that go in opposite directions, and the first thing that popped into my head was butterfly antispin flowers lol

meow
biggrin happy little panda bear biggrin
peace
i love you

Delete Topic

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:oh i know, i'm sure you searched well, it was buried pretty far. i just thought you'd enjoy the other threads too.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Skrytinn_Qveldriga
Skrytinn_Qveldriga

Posted:ok thanks. yeah i guess the search doesnt pick up words with similar meanings and cause i didnt word it right...

meow
peace
i love you

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Total posts: 1489
Posted:You know you spin to much when words like butterfly, rotor, helicopter, flower, have a completely different meaning

Kupo!

Delete

Skrytinn_Qveldriga
Skrytinn_Qveldriga

Posted:if you stop and smell the flowers you might get your nose broken haha wink

meow
peace
i love you

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:Or when you turn your head because you heard the guy on the TV talk about a footballers 'poise'

Kupo!

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Total posts: 985
Posted:u spot the random person spinning poi or doing devilstick in the background of a tv program even though its only for like 10 secs shot happened well murder she wrote was on the other day i was walking though the room and look at what my mum was watching and there was a man doing devilsticks in the background

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:Haha, that happened to me at uni in a lecture. I was falling asleep when I caught a glimpse of a fire poi in a video, and was awake for the next hour despite wanting to fall asleep soooo badly.

Kupo!

Delete

ElectricBlue
ElectricBlue

Now with extra strawberries
Total posts: 810
Posted: Written by: MikefromGlos

u spot the random person spinning poi or doing devilstick in the background of a tv program even though its only for like 10 secs shot happened well murder she wrote was on the other day i was walking though the room and look at what my mum was watching and there was a man doing devilsticks in the background

Ooo i have done that one before, then you spend the next hour watching a show you don't like just incase you see another glimps of them.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Delete

Mucky
Mucky

Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
Total posts: 227
Posted:Old thread, but I had a Way Too Much Poi moment the other day... I was driving from the grocery store, and contemplating weird anti-spin goodness, and how directions of rotation interact... Whilst thinking of these things, and how awesome they are, I used the wrong signal for a turn... twice! Signaled left and went right... Apparently my subconscious driver was listening in on my subconscious poi'ster and taking notes. Unfortunately turn signals aren't nearly as sweet when they go the opposite way! biggrin

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Total posts: 2418
Posted:Lol. Mucky! I pick out compound circles in tesselations and all that kind of thing, my friend did me a drawing with lots of squiggly patterns.. "Oh, theres antispin in it, thanks!"

I've actually tried to follow the lines of her drawing with my poi before, it involves stalls and pendulums, antispin... its good fun.

Windows media player is my music player of choice.. not because its good, but because some of the visuals are compound circles... My girlfriend pointed it out once and I was pleased indeed. ^_^ The infection is occurring. Muahahahah!

hug

Delete

Nifelium
Nifelium

journeyman
Total posts: 52
Posted:you know you spin to much when there more than 20 different points yourve burnt in the last week.

but screw it.

keep going.

LEAK SPIN

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Posted:also when a friends asks u to draw something and you draw a poi spinner then have a disscusion if the flowers it is doing is antispin lol

Delete

Mucky
Mucky

Rum-Swilling Combustioneer
Total posts: 227
Posted:MNS, I hear you about the drawings... I saw a bit of celtic knotwork the other day and I caught myself thinking, "I could do that!" biggrin

Bouncing Baby Pipe!

Delete

bodhisattva
my body is a tattooed temple
Total posts: 366
Posted:you know you spin to much when you 3 beat weave the used doggy poo bags you're carrying home eek

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

Delete

Fathom
Fathom

Total posts: 103
Posted:I started taking boxing/kickboxing classes recently and part of the warmup is doing jumprope. I had a bit of trouble with it for a while cause I kept trying to weave the damn thing =)

Kangaroo Island eh? I hear that place is really hopping!

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Posted:when u sit around town and look at things and think could i spin with that or on that constantly

also when u go out clubbing and all your preperation is getting your many poi ready and debate if you could get your 5ft staff past security

edit: also when you know all the hop smileys and listen to music and dont hear it you see how you can spin to the beat in your head

EDITED_BY: MikefromGlos (1219423549)

Delete

Live_in_a_spin
Live_in_a_spin

Dude where's my Poi?
Total posts: 383
Posted:When your at work and you atempt to do contact staff with a spirit level.
Hard but conveyer belts are posible.

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

Delete

WiccanChica
The wee little one on the block
Total posts: 147
Posted:Mike, I know what you mean about the music, I do that ALL the time, and I do what they said forever ago about you hands twitching or swinging or whatever, I do that a lot. Once my friend's phone started playing "We Will Rock You" and I smacked her when she answered it because I couldn't finish figuring out moves before she answered.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil.

Delete

fake teeth and glue
fake teeth and glue

Checking who's online, watching you!
Total posts: 1972
Posted:when you don't have any poi with you but see a dog toy stuck in a tree, then come up with an elaborate plan to get it...

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Total posts: 2418
Posted:I dunno, fake teeth and glue... what're you doing without poi on you??

hug

Delete

eatsumskittles
stranger
Total posts: 6
Posted:when your not allowed to spin at work and your entire 8 hours is spent thinking about what moves you are going to work on when you get home,

also how i purposely have to leave my poi in my car when i know i have to wake up early the next day cuz i know i won't stop spinning until too late.

Delete

T-S-A
T-S-A

Magic Monkey Juice
Total posts: 252
Posted:The laundrette next to where I work is called "Spin in Time"...

When I walk home from work along the sea front at 8.30am, there are lots of prople walking and playing with their dogs, I have seen these used quite a few time

36309_karlie_hundespielzeug_1126042_trixie_wurfarm_1

Non-Https Image Link

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Delete

Sunshine92
Sunshine92

Total posts: 42
Posted:When you isolate your grocery bags after purchasing something at the market grin

When you find yourself making too many "ball" jokes.

With happiness,

John

Delete

Brenn
Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
Total posts: 3286
Posted:When you lose the game ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!!

grin

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

FireTom
Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:when you haven't made the time to come back to HoP to share your progress and thoughts wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

812spinner
stranger

Total posts: 4
Posted:On the original topic, i think about spinning all the time my girl gets mad at me cuz its all i talk about sometimes haha i think about it as a productive thing to do and think about tho.

Delete

philisweatly
philisweatly

life's a garden, dig it
Total posts: 115
Posted:when anytime there is something that glows is around your friends pick it up and start waving it around saying "look I'm doing what you do!" or "did you bring your toys with you?"

haha

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Posted:When you compliment bicyclists on being able to do isolations with their feet.

Kupo!

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:when, to explain physics phenomena to someone, you talk in terms of spin/antispin, isolation,inversion, etc.. and are then confused when they dont get your analogy

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

Seaspray
Seaspray

stranger by the day
Total posts: 924
Posted:Originally Posted By: Sunshine92
When you find yourself making too many "ball" jokes.

Well, my friends make a lot of ball jokes about my poi, other than that when walking the dogs we use rope leashes that I can subconsciously start trying to do 3 beat weave with

Just a dancer in the dark

Delete

Page: 1234