Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Sheffield Poi in the Park Birthday: 20th October 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, Si here with an official Poi in the Park Sheffield Birthday announcement..

I can now confirm that our Birthday PiP will be taking place on Saturday, October 20th, from 3pm onwards.

The location is as follows: Endcliffe Park, off the Hunters Bar/Eccleshall Road Roundabout, Sheffield.

For those of you using sat nav to find your way, the postcode is: S11 7AB.

As in previous years the day is going to be a whole lot of fun, with lots of crazy things going on during both the day and night. We intend to have a few workshops running during the day (anyone wanting to run one or suggest what they'd like to learn please get in touch in the weeks to come), along with games and other activities, so whether your coming down to teach, learn, play or just be a monkey in a field for a day it should be fun for everyone!! :-)

For those of you who haven't been to a SheffPiP Birthday before, we like to keep everything very relaxed and groovy (as a certain crazy orange fruit repeatedly says...), which means there will be people from all walks of life, with loads of different props and differing skill levels; from those who perform for a living, to those who have quite literally never picked up poi, juggling balls etc.. before.

In the evening we will be having a renegade based fire show, where we encourage anyone who is comfortable and sensible with fire to get up and show us what they love doing best.

We will save the pros. till the very end because the show should be more about people who love fire than those who live fire, and we want you all to feel totally relaxed about spinning in front of us, regardless of skill level (again as long as you are sensible and safe with fire).

NB. Poi in the Park Sheffield is not liable for any personal injuries sustained while performing with fire. All individuals perform under their own consent. First Aid equipment will be provided should any accidents occur, and fire marshalls will make themselves aware to you before anyone lights up.

When the fire dies down we have also got St. Andrew's Church Hall for the night as we have had in recent years. This will provide a venue for more spinning, drinking, bouncing around and general madness for the remainder of the night. The hall comfortably sleeps over 50 people, and is fully equipped with kitchen and toilet facilities, so expect a continuing supply of tea, cakes and biccies...!

The large room will be allocated as the sleeping room, and past 2am music will have to be kept to a minimum to let those who wish to, sleep. However the small room will be an all-night UV room for those of you who aren't planning on sleeping.. ;-)

Although SheffPiP is a totally free event to attend, I do have to cover the base cost of hiring the hall for the night, and as such all those who wish to stay over will be asked to donate a modest £4 towards their stay. However, depending on how many people stay over, if i end up breaking even this year any money left over will be used to buy some yummy breakfast treats for all those in the hall... :-)

Those wishing to stay for the night, can you please email me over the next few weeks so i can guage numbers, and include any others you know of who may also wish to sleep over. The email address to use for this, and all enquiries is:

sheffpip@googlemail.com

That's about it for now. I'll post up a contact number for people to use closer to the day, but in the meantime i'll list below a summary of important information..

When: Saturday 20th October 2007, 3pm till 9am Sunday.
Where (Daytime): Endcliffe Park, Eccleshall Road. S11 7AB
Where (Night): St. Andrew's Church Hall, Hanover Way. S3 7RQ
Who: Absolutely anyone and everyone.
Price: Free for all during the day. £4 to sleep in the hall.

So, get booking those days off in your diaries and get those train/coach tickets sorted cos this is one day you're not gonna want to miss out on! :-)

Stay tuned for more updates and keep those suggestions coming for activities and workshops.

Also, anyone wanting to do a non-renegade performance please email me with details of your routine, any music you may want playing etc..

Peace n Pineapples

Si

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Hugs will be the language of choice then wink

Aimee, you should come, will be lovely to see you again and somewhere other than Play or Falmouth wink

*Mental note to self: remember to pack plates and sticks this time biggrin
bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
I'm coming too biggrin biggrin
see you all tomorrow hug

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Don't forget to bring those spare sets of meteors smile

Also, due to a couple of misfortunes (a rather extreme UPD from my unicycle yesterday, which involved being thrown upside down onto the pavement and a roll terminated by my head smacking into a wall (justifying, once again, my policy of wearing a helmet whilst unicycling) and tonights fire meteor session which ended in an unpleasent wrap and a minor, but painful wrist burn), i'm likely to be more sedate than usual and could easily be coaxed into an origami workshop/skill swap in the hall.

Anyone up for some paper folding?

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
AIMEE, come up silly bum!! go on!

Si, leaving with Neil in about 10 mins (so 9:30ish) i'll pm you my mobile number before I go!

Larry, I hope to recognise you as we met at the BJC, and as I recall you were lovely!

hug

see you in a few hours peeps! bounce2

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Wonderful weekend. Just uploading pics to my computer. Will sort through them and post them online within the week.

Now for some sleep!

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Thanks for a great weekend everyone!!! Mega-huge-big hugs to Si for organising it again (and to anyone else that was involved that I don't know about!) Looking forward to next year already! ubblol weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone :-)

a very sleepy si would like to say a huuge thank you to everyone who came down yesterday and made PiP's 9th birthday awesome! sunshine, great people, great spinning and lots of fun and games too, I couldn't have asked for a better day! ;-)

I want to say a big thank you to tim, raj, elle, si, step and everyone else who helped me out during the day with suggestions and car-ferrying etc.. and another big thank you to everyone who patted the hell outta my back to stop me coughing during the day..

we have had a little stash of lost propoerty handed in so if anyone has lost a juggling club please let me know. Also, when we were cleaning up the hall on saturday morning someone found a silverish bracelet from the small room floor and was going to return it to its' owner, can you let me know if that's happened or if you still have it please. :-)

Luke, nice one on putting those pics up on the facebook group mate, they look amazing!! :-) if anyone else out there has pics they'd like to share please do add them to the group (https://shef.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2332184257) or if you've put them up on HOP then put a link into this thread so we know where to look.. :-)

I hope everyone had a fantastic time and i'm already looking forward to seeing you all again for PiP's 10th birthday next year which is going to be HUUUUGE and very very special so everyone in the world should come!.. :-)

peace n pineapples

Si

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Thank you for a very lovely time, and possibly my best birthday ever smile

grouphug

bracelet - might be spanners but she's out atm I'll check later.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i lost my orange CJ ball, if anyone has handed it in and not nicked it that would be much appreciated hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Julien lost a white PX3 club.

Was great fun thanks everyone! Sorry if i kept anyone up with my coughing...

Thank you Si, Tim, Raj and co whose house i invaded quite late Friday. Was good to be back in Sheffield agian, if only briefly.

Hopefully next year i'll have a voice and wont have to sign language or use texting to speak to people!!

hug2

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
oh, it's that time of year when the PiP lost property thread should be started.
I'm down one acrylic, possibly due to it being pitched accross the park a few times.
Bazz is also missing a purple stage ball
and i lost 3 juggling balls this year, woop

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pink...?

Sorry if i kept anyone up with my coughing...

Pink, the only people to keep me awake were the inconsiderate w**kers from Hull. God, I wanted to kill them. mad censored mad2 ubbrollsmile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
twas great to see lots of you lovely people grouphug

ironically one of my favorite bits was playing with food in wokmania...

Thanks to the organisers!

P.S Da da da da daaa da da da da wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
The bracelet lost was Ellie's... we're trying to track down where it got to.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
guy im going to chase you to the ends of the earth....!!! i was doing so well getting that song out of my head since elle went back to leicester... ;-P

al, im hunting down the bracelet and will let you know when i find it, it was one of the sheffield lot who picked it up apparently so shouldn't be too hard, they're a good lot..

what became of the monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey...

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
ps. if anyone else has any pics of us human buckarooing si on saturday night please send them to me.. ive got an idea for a christmas card for him ;-P .....

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Thanks Si and everyone for organising a great PIP burpday!

You are all big shiny stars!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Gutted I couldn't get down - my lift decided to be feeble at the last moment and by the time I'd sorted out public transport I would have had just about enough time to say HI! before I came home. Bring on next year!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
great weekend thanks to everyone

was really good to see alot of people i didnt expect to see there

wave

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i finally have time to post! i had an awesome weekend!!!! thanks guys - can't wait for no. 10 and i'll see you all soon!!! bounce

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*fills the thread with Sleaze*

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
*tries to wipe the sleaze off the walls*

uurrgh... this stuff is sticky!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Its like that stuff what Slimer deposits, only made of bacon grease...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I liked the CD player with PHIL CULLENS. SLEAZEE

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
He's a sleazy lover! He'll get a hold on you, believe it!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol

what a mistake.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ubblol Phil Cullens ubblol

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

great weekend thanks to everyone

was really good to see alot of people i didnt expect to see there

wave

Hey Simta! You were there too? Damn, I didn't see you man! Didn't get into the city until 1200! Still had a nice time chilling with the spinners tho. Special thanks to PK who guided me into landing! hug
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1193354062)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Not a problem hug

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
He's very handy, in a tight spot wink

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!