GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Ive been searching and am looking for 2 oggz with the recharger in the UK.

Ive seen the oggpoi are stupidly expensive (around $75)

Are these the same without the link and cords?

https://www.eshopmegastore.com/Gadgets/Toys+4+Boys/Self+-+Colour+Changing+Eggs.html?aw=1

Ive seen you can get 3 with charger from play.com for £17.99 but not until next week. Can anyone find oggz cheaper with the charger and possibly links?

Ive found this aswell, but theres no sign of a charger and it says they use watch batteries??

https://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=14640&ms=affwin_boys&ms=affwin_boy

Lets get hunting!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I don't know, but I'm guessing that the plain oggz won't have anything to attach a cord/chain to, so you'll either have to put them in something or drill them.

Have you tried ebay?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I have seen them in lighting stores and big depatment stores like Bigw and kmarket.

I have heard people from the states say that a good time to find them is when uni and collage start for the year beacuse people have them in dorm rooms.

Once you have the oggz you could always just put them in some white "socks".

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

DarkSergeGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Think these are what your talking about but:

https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=12&cat=9&page=1

I got them and I love them...I went from photon glowsticks to them and they where like OMG SO HEAVY but not compared to my triple headed fire poi they are pretty light lol.

Hi

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
 Written by: DarkSerge

Think these are what your talking about but:

https://www.flowtoys.com/product.php?productid=12&cat=9&page=1

I got them and I love them...I went from photon glowsticks to them and they where like OMG SO HEAVY but not compared to my triple headed fire poi they are pretty light lol.

Hi

Yep these are the same things. Only you pay $65 (plus shipping to uk for me, maybe tax aswell) You get the 2 customized oggz (loop on each of them) with cords.

Soon you can get 3 oggz for £17.99 then just put them in socks.

On there its just paying through the nose because they are poi and not just lights

Jesus christ 853 grams! I take it thats both of them with chargers and the box. My monkey fists only weight about 140 grams maybe 150 with fuel on

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I signed up to flow toys and shipping to UK is another $27.95. So for 2 oggz with the chargers its about £35 and for the oggpoi it will be about £45.

Think i'll wait and get them in uk

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Just ordered 2 single oggz with chargers for $38.00 including free shipping to UK from https://www.getoggz.com/GetOggz_Com/Order_Oggz/order_oggz.html

Im not paying an extra £25 for shipping and some nylon cords!

DarkSergeGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Geeza

Just ordered 2 single oggz with chargers for $38.00 including free shipping to UK from https://www.getoggz.com/GetOggz_Com/Order_Oggz/order_oggz.html

Im not paying an extra £25 for shipping and some nylon cords!

Do those come with the eyelet though? or are you going to do that yourself? If so good deal and have fun biggrin Oggz are so much fun to spin with and to watch.

O and on a side note ya i didn't like the cord it came with...i just slaped some shoe strings on and had a blast!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
is the eyelet just the hoop? if so then no, but ill just put them in socks or make one. Wouldnt be too hard to either drill a hole and add a link or superglue one on. When they arrive ill see what they are like

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
the oggz site got back to me and its $18 for delivery and they only come with US chargers. (forgot about that) frown anyway ive cancelled order and will have to wait and get them at play. Even though i dont really want 3, id rather just have 2 single ones

decemberscalmSILVER Member
49 posts

Posted:
Can you post a video of them ^^?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
sure. not me but...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Geeza

Yep these are the same things. Only you pay $65 (plus shipping to uk for me, maybe tax aswell) You get the 2 customized oggz (loop on each of them) with cords.
Soon you can get 3 oggz for £17.99 then just put them in socks.

On there its just paying through the nose because they are poi and not just lights

Um current rates of exchange - $65 = £32.64 wink less than the cost of 3 oggz, does that look a little cheaper if in US dollars roughly halve the amount to get GB pounds as the excahnge rate (for customs purposes & shipping this month is - 1.9913 USD to the GBP )

total inc shipping = £45 true a bit pricier

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I enquired on a site that was selling them for $40, the handling was only $4 so i thought great $44. They got back to me and it was $44 + $15 for shipping and they came with US power supplies

Anyway after searching i finally found the oggz triple pack for £23.95 with free shipping smile

I'll let everyone here know when they arrive. I couldnt wait for the hyperlights as i feel they wont be around until some time in november. I can always sell the oggz anyway

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
well, the arrived. ill spin and maybe get a vid sorted tomorrow after they have had a full charge. there not as heavy as expected. bonus!