ThelemicPotterSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
So was thinking having stilts with a back bent post (like a bird leg) would look mad good for my Bapthomet costume. Nothing too high, maybe 1.5'-2' total height. I was thinking that metal joint braces, and a vertical wooden support might make this a feasible, but frankly a rather expensive experiment.

______
\
\
|\
| \
| /
|/
/
/

Something like this if this site let me do ASCI art.
45* angle from foot, with a 90* at the joints of the two equal length riser parts.

Any thoughts, success, or dire warnings?

Love.
Potter.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
i have seen a few pairs of stilts like this in photos and they all look really cool.
Most of the ones i have seen have been alumninum and don't have the brace peice though.

hurm......

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Sounds like fixed [Old link]

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah they kind of look like that but they are just fixed poles.
I saw some people with emu costumes like this. They actually looked like real bird legs too.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Sounds interesting... you reckon to make them yourself will be more expensive than powerisers? What's the benefit of having them fixed?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

ThelemicPotterSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
I'm mostly looking for shape here, specifically for birds and goats. I'd be surprised if they give me any advantages over regular strapped on wooden stilts and they won't be anything like a set of powerisers.

Last time I built a pair of woodens, they ran me around $70 US, I suspect these will be a bit more, maybe $120 or so. While the loss of the materials, should they fail, will be a bit of a burden to our starting circus, I'm more concerned about the hospital bills.

Any one have any pictures of fixed stilts of this nature that show enough detail for replication?

Love.
Potter.