TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I don't have time to find you any specific pages, but you're after a 4 strand square braid.

You'll probably find loads of different sites explaining how to do it if you google it - some are going to use different methods and you'll probably find one far easier than any others, so have a good look around until you find one that makes sense to you.

I'm not sure which knot they used, but have a look around for pages that show you how to tie a turk's head knot in the end of the braid, that'll probably work fairly well.
Another alternative is how I think they did it in a picture in another similar thread that's been around recently, which I think is tied like a fall knot for a whip. If I get time I'll see if I can dig out any instructions for you.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yep, I meant a turk's head - you can tie the 4 ends of a braid off so they make a small, round turk's head knot at the end of the braid. I'm just not sure where to find it outside of the encyclopedia of rawhide and leather braiding (probably something you don't want to buy just for these poi). I'll see what I can find.

Alternatively, you could back splice them. I'm not sure how easy it'd be to find information on back splicing a 4 strand braid, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

This helpful?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Stop the rope from fraying either either by whipping it with kevlar thread, or dunking the end in PVA glue.

ubbrollsmile

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
If you can can handle not having neat looking ends, I can recomend leaving them frayed as it really does make them very much easier to light- just put a lighter on the frayed ends and they light straight away, with the flame transferring to the rest of the rope.

And once you've done a few burns and they're black, they won't look any less neat.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Damn good point there Mr the OneWheelDave.

Frayed ends = easier to light

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
on yer other picture with all the props, does that staff have 2 four inch wicks on each side?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
that is intense.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
bad ass. How long is it?

Man you spin fast, that come from yer chucks?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rellizate

If you want one I can make you one the same

Well, yes, yes you could...

but you cant get it to him unless you want to pay a stupid price for couriering it to the US ubblol

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
lol. If a really wanted one i can make it, I've made 2 already and seems like each time i re-wick them i get better at it. Too much fire for me, I had 2 lengths of 3.5 foot(106.68cm) 2.5 inch(6.35cm) wide wick on a 5.5 foot(167.64 CM) staff with an inch gap between them, got a huge flame from them and thats good enough for me smile thanks though.

Anyways yer so cool rellz.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!