ThelemicPotterSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
I've done a lot of hand sewing in my time, never thought I'd get hurt like this. I wrapped the running end of my thread around my fingers to pull a stitch tight and yanked. From the immediate pain, I knew this was a bad idea. While the skin didn't break, the pain didn't subside for a few days and then only to be replaced by tingling. Now, a few weeks later, the tip of my pinky finger is still not quite right, mild tingling, decreased sensitivity. While the nerve damage wasn't enough to be debilitating, it seems worthy of mention. Now I wrap my thread around a piece of bone, to tighten my stitches.

Love.
Potter.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
That is very interesting
Do you think it was beacuse the thread pulled tight around the tip of your finger or do you think it was some of the small fibers sticking in that caused the pain?

Good to know any way.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Ouch...
Kevlar thread hasn't caused me an injury yet, but it's surprised me before.

Gotta be careful with that stuff... It's completely inelastic and weight for weight, it has a higher tensile strength than tempered steel. smile

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, i did this (to a lesser extent) yesterday.. it didnt feel so fun frown

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I'm not familiar with the feeling despite the amount of kevlar thread that I've been thru, tho I would belive that it could hurt kinda like dental floss (that stuff is evil).

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil