Forums > Help! > fleshing and eating

Login/Join to Participate

SapphireChickennewbie
13 posts

Posted:
So I have been fleshing for awhile. I open by lying on the ground and drawing a line down the profile of my body… etc…

I have watched other acts and would like to close the fan act by eating out the flame. But am not sure how. My heads are similar to the eating wands, but I want to be sure of fuel type and safety…I like my face…

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hi..

you could try and read:

Fire Safety

Pele's interview... this is also appropriate for eating too.

types of clothing to wear

which fuels to use

First aid and burns

Fuel MSDS

You could also view any other of our useful articles written by members of homeofpoi for the safety of others and of general information for people like yourself that ask us questions.

Full List Of Articles.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or post your questions here in the help section where any one of us will be able to help you where possible.

Some times it can help by searching the forums for a specific question before posting a new thread, like i said, if you are unsure just ask us as we are here to help.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
From personal experience of fleshing and eating and breathing, i would highly recommend a barrier lotion to protect your skin.

It is worth researching different types that are available to you in your area, but you will need to read any information on any products and make sure what kind of protection they give for what you intend to use said products for.

SapphireChickennewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Thanks... i have no desire to breathe... yuck...
But with the fan dance and fleshing i do now, i think the eating would be a beautiful addition.

I do currently use udder butter on my skin befor performance. it seems to make a great diffrence.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: SapphireChicken

Thanks... i have no desire to breathe... yuck...

Very sensible and wise idea!, but if you do please remember to research on the subject here.

We strive on trying to give people the best and current safety and technical details as possible.. so homeofpoi is always a good source of information when you need it.

SapphireChickennewbie
13 posts

Posted:
I FOUND A FEW ARTICLES....
much more difficult to research than poi smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Try searching for pooling, trailing, skin tracing, painting with fire...but mostly it is known as pooling and trailing formally. wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ditto /// like pele said...

so many people post things as different names due to us having such a varied international user base.
Names differ from state to state, to country and so on. So we end up with quite a lot of double posting on these things.
Us (the members) are trying to deal with this right now and make things easier for all concerned.

But as before.. just ask and we are glad to help.

SeastarPLATINUM Member
professional
3 posts

Posted:
What kind of barrier lotion? Brand suggestions?