saerynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
As it say's im starting over again with poi. I stopped when i was pregnant as i was horrified when i was spinning fire on the field where i live and i had 5 women chase after me calling my a pikey & shouting at me like i was 15 and i bloodly 28 . Also had a run in over the sports field at the back off my house where they play rugby calling me names lol tosser. i find people dont understand what poi is really and if they see you spinning fire well you are classed as the devil here lol

well anyway i Have started again and remembering the moves and i forgot how much fun it is and how it is good for destressing.

the only place round here where i dont get trouble is down the beach where i can spin to my hearts content and play my drum biggrin

love and light
saery x smile

Rainbow smiles & Faery kisses

Skrytinn_QveldrigaBRONZE Member
delectatio morosa, gaudium, desiderium
160 posts

Posted:
the beach is one of the most beautiful places to spin IMO. fire and water... and like minded people

meow
biggrin happy little panda bear biggrin
peace
i love you

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Starting over is cool.

A lot of people that have been spinning for years even go back to the basics every now and again. I know I do.

It helps us learn things better, and gives us more understanding of our props.

Good luck. With your background in Poi, learning things a second time round will be a bit easier, and you'll get that sudden 'click' where it all falls into place again, and you say 'oh, I remember!'...

I love when that happens.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by: saery

I stopped when i was pregnant as i was horrified when i was spinning fire on the field where i live and i had 5 women chase after me calling my a pikey & shouting at me like i was 15 and i bloodly 28 . Also had a run in over the sports field at the back off my house where they play rugby calling me names lol tosser.

One reason to spin: life get's more exciting... wink

Good you're starting over - welcome back hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Love flags and socks even more than fire now ubblove ubblove ubblove

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry that you've had that experience saery, it really is a shame. I've spun poi in quite a lot of areas, including some fairly rough ones in Manchester and Glasgow and never had anyone bother me. (I think they're all too scared wink ). Its good that you've found somewhere you're not hassled now.

Have you checked out the events, performances and gatherings forum, or the 'meet others' forum. You can find spinners near you who can help you get back into things, and also you're less likely to get bothered by people if you're spinning in a group. There is also a 'meet others' section, where many hoppers have posted on a small profile, just click the tab at the top of the page.

I found this thread by using the search function (also at the top of the thread). [Old link]

If I were you I'd search for the threads it mentions, or try contacting people who have posted in that thread.

Good luck!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

saerynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hi gnor .. I was looking in to buying some flags as i have heard that they look nice in the sun. i will make some sock poi to start off with biggrin

Yeah thats a good idea pricklyleaf i will look for some meetings around here, I have started getting one person in to it and seen one other person spinning but when i approched him he didnt really seem interested in meeting up at night for spinning. Maybe he thought i was after him and going to drag him off to my slaving cave ( evil chuckle) lol for some naughty faery antics

devil

Rainbow smiles & Faery kisses

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If you have a machine they are dead easy to make simple ones. I can kinda guide you if needed.

There is someone elses serach on [Old link]

The HOP ones are light and UV reactive. FABflags are lush and amazing. If you ping Clare on here she might be able to tell you where to get them. They are pricey but amazingly lush to spin with.

Oddballs in Camben also used to sell flags. Lovely but again quite expensive compared to what it costs me to make them.

I dont sell them though. Crytsal organza that colour changes is my choice of fabric at the moment but you really need and overlocker.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu