Page:
RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
I deleted the original post- if you care about HoP, you'll find out what everyone's on about smile

Edit**

Please refer to [Old link] for what the topic is about.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Ry...

i dont understand your post.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I feel quite hurt by your post...

some members that have worked hard on this website to make a better place over the years, to welcome you new people to the boards and help you when you needed it...

If you don't know what you are talking about first hand.. then don't post. this is the 3rd thread already... hop has no secrets.

If you wish to know what is going on then, speak to the mods or admins... rather than censored stirring in social...

if your bitter about not being included in some thing, dont spoil it for the rest of us.. cos thats just unfair and i dont think that any one will bother with what has been discussed so far... that were so eager to get done for the good of this community.. so if you want to ruin it for everyone... continue your sarcastic and bitter posts.

Maybe then more people will leave and you can feel the guilt on your shoulders.

rolleyes
EDITED_BY: PK_ (1189329138)

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
PK, no offence, but "you new people"?

Your total posts, 4379. Mine, 4364. I keep supplying the gallery with photos and think I have generated enough for the community to be able to have a say. If you like, click member galleries and sort them by most views.

Hurt? I reckon that's exactly what this is about. I've defended HoP when other communities have come in saying bad things about it at least on one occasion trawled it attempting to get people onto another forum (not that it would have worked).

I don't feel any guilt on this issue at all dude. Just really not impressed.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Access isn't granted by the member number, it's when you have been registered on HoP for three years.

so it's not like a club that you can never get access to.

hug

Remaining hidden like it is at the moment is proving successful, in that MANY people who haven't posted in AGES are actually posting again, and are starting to get more involved.

Edit: out of interest, how did you get the screenshot if you can't access the forum?
EDITED_BY: Limits_To_Contest (1189330145)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Forget it. I think it's bs and not worth my time. For the record, even if I did have access, I'd still be against it.

*waits for someone senior to come and delete this.*

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
So what Ry, it sucks for the some people don't have access, but does it really matter that much to you?

The way I see it, if you don't have permission than there are only a couple ways you could have that screenshot, either someone else is giving them to you, or you're using someone else's account either with their knowledge or without. If you've got any respect for the rules or the site/community in general why would you do such things? Especially when it could probably easily get you a ban for using someone else's account. And a ban for them as well if they allowed it to happen. Post counts don't carry a whole lot of weight with me

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
post number has nothing to do with it Ry. ask anyone who was here when i first joined. i was a complete post [censored]. did i think i should be grouped in at that time with the people who founded HOP? no. i respected the people who had been there before me and who had stuck around to make HOP what it was then and is now. it's a rolling admittance like LTC said, so eventually everyone will have access if they stick around. and if you had a problem with it, like PK said you should have said something to an admin or mod. every single one of them are great people and would be willing to listen to your opinion. but posting something like this and trying to ruin it for the people who do value the existence of that forum is just plain childish and IMO proves the need for that forum.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
so you think that spitting your dummy out is the best way to go about things..?

I thought better of you... and Patrick...?

I know what you have done... but then show respect for others before you FUCKIT up for all of us, right now i'm seeing all the old school lurkers post for once... people who built the foundations for people like yourself to come to and join in and help it grow... right now your going to kill that for a lot of people... if that doesnt make you feel a tad guilty... then your pobviously not the thoughtful and caring person i had you down for.

like its been said... it aint no club... so dont bother posting what you have no idea what your posting about..

like i said go speak to the admins or mods..

oh and what does my post count matter?... considdering i've never been much of a post [censored] and never posting much in intros... means that most of my posts were in poi moves, help, and tech and events for poiinthepark wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
The three year roll over was only a suggestion and was yet to actually be decided on.

And despite post-whores, I think that post counts can still be used to show people who are actively involved in the forums and be valued members of the community. Something I would have considered Ry and many others.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Many people in there were /are opposed to it.

But, we are seeing results from it.

I was against, feeling there wasn't really a need, didn't even think I belonged in there etc, but then after a couple days, I could see the results it was achieving and now i agree with it being there and hidden.

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
You can have your room pk, I think I've vented and am over it.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
isnt my room my friend....

its a how can hop progress forum! progress, improve and keep older members from leaving.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
But the changes that are being discussed in there are going to affect all of HoP. Therefore why shouldn't all of those affected have a say?

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
It's progress Beth. Apparently

Honestly PK, what you are saying makes me feel like leaving. You go cling to the people who aren't here instead of the ones who are. And maybe when you get them back, you can go hurt them too. smile

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
they have free will... they have a voice... they can air what they like.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
*waits for a mod to come and delete my airing*

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
hi there,

just thought i'dstick my oar in after a little birdy told me about this "senior area" malarky.

all i can say is AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!....pffffft!!!...

seriously, i cannot understand how this is going to be of beneit to the HoP community. in my opinion it seems a bit "Us and Them". Or maybe those with lower numbers just arent cool enough anymore...yeh thats gotta be it.

I mean, I have a much lower member number than Ry for example so i can see this "senior" area. However, it seems obvious to me that Ry would be an example of someone who comtributes far more to this forum/community than me. I swan in here, have a bit of a rant, get sucked into arguments then potter off again to more sensible places. Ry on the other hand spends a lot fo time here, puts a lot of positivitiy in to HoP and the **Community**.

I'd also suspect that he is not the only example of someone with a "high" *snerck* number/short member period that is a high contributing memeber of the HoP "family".

By excluding ppl from discussions you are not creating an open eaily accessible forum you are detracting from it. i do not think "time on HoP" is a good indicator of who can should have a say on what should be done to the forum. I mean I can post in there for example and what do I know. Common guys, really, this is exclusive "senior" area is not a good idea IMO (and a little but lame IMHO).
EDITED_BY: biggins (1189334068)

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Spanner

Senior lounge or no senior lounge, the 4 question guidelines should apply to everyone.

I'm not sure the senior lounge itself fits the guidelines:

Is it the Truth?
i'm not sure Pilot got that answer out of Jesus so I'm not going there wink

Is it Fair to all concerned?
I can't said that the senior lounge is fair to all concerned since that some of the discussions in there concern everyone yet not everyone gets a say.

Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Seems to be splitting some up at the moment

Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
I think my above two points address this

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
the answer to those three lower questions.from what i have seen is "no"

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
yeah, but this reaction is all because it's new, and people aren't used to it, and don't like change.

if you didn't know about it, and after you had been here for three years it suddenly became visible to you, would you be upset that you couldn't see it before, or would you think: 'Hey, that's pretty cool. a new place to read! I wonder what else there is...'

Like on a video game. Certain things allow secret features. complete the game in such and such a time, and you can have this weapon. It's kinda the same here. Be on HoP for three years, and you get a new forum to read.

After three years on a forum, you do start to get bored, and not contribute so much. a new forum like this will spark a renewed interest in the forum, no?

Be Water My Friend.

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
I've said my bit and sorry but i disagree, mainly oon principal. It seems a bit like "what they dont know, can't hurt them" to me (not that anything ground breaking is being discussed in there). But hey, what do i know I'm an advocate of free speech, transparency and honesty. not saying you arent but in an online community i think these things are important.

i hear what you are saying about being a long standing member of the HoP community and thats really cool that you are posting again but why are you posting again and whay more in the "senior" bit. me, i'd be asking myself why i'm not posting in the main bit and trying to do something about that.
EDITED_BY: biggins (1189335769)

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
The HoP I relate to is the warm and fuzzy one which doesn't judge people and welcomes anyone and everyone with open arms. I don't recognise this divisive vein. You might as well rank members under their nicks.

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
I understand what your saying about finding a new feature after you've been hear for three years... it would be sorta cool.
A few points though...
Will the seniors forum become a place where 'seniors' can vent about the way HOP has changed and the 'noobs'? If so, I wouldn't want to read that when I get there... to know that I had been what was wrong with HOP all that time and the people I though I was open with were discussing my contribution.
Will people like Ry, who find out about it, and feel excluded and hurt (because they contribute so much), still be here in three years to read it? How will HOP change if this is the case?
hug to Ry, who has contributed far more then I have. I can see why he feels excluded. Particularly when it is obvious how much he cares about HOP.
Ry... talk to someone (Malcolm?) about it. Things start to deteriorate if the 'law' isn't transparent.

HOP is evolving... I am sure that the 'seniors lounge' will to... with comments from 'seniors' and 'newbys'.

And in the end, I agree... it is just the internet smile

hug

... simplify ...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
you want to know why I had become uninclined to post in other sections?

Because I'm sick of answering the same old questions, because I'm fed up of seeing what stupid information someone knows about the person above them, because 'the game' pisses me off more than anything else in existance, because I'm bored with seeing conversation after conversation between people I don't know.

Rather than complain, and attempt to impose my wants on other people when they really don't want them imposed, I kept quiet.

Surely, smaller forums like this make it easier to feel a 'belonging' in a community which is SO vast as this? For this reason, I reckon there should be more of them. Also, the whole new discovery thing i mentioned above, seems pretty cool to me, and has made me want to spend more time on HoP. Is that a bad thing? no it isn't!

Be Water My Friend.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I think that Icarus raises a good point. What if you reach the three year mark, gain membership, only to find that the people you thought were your friends were saying horrible things about you behing your back?

**edited cos Ed got in before my post so mine didn't make sense**
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1189336479)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LtC

Because I'm sick of answering the same old questions, because I'm fed up of seeing what stupid information someone knows about the person above them, because 'the game' pisses me off more than anything else in existance, because I'm bored with seeing conversation after conversation between people I don't know.

smile Amen brother.

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Of course its not a bad thing if you want to spend more time on here! smile
It is a bad thing if other people want to spend less time on here though.
I think it needs a few days, to sort itself out.
I also think that if people feel excluded, then maybe someone contacting them and trying to explain what is actually happening would be more helpful then publically denouncing his actions.
Approach people with kindness.... even if you don't understand where there coming from.
This is not directed at anyone... especially you Limits_To_Contest.
We just seem to be arguing at the moment and increasing the devide... rather then working towards understanding.

... simplify ...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: biggins

i'd be asking myself why i'm not posting in the main bit and trying to do something about that.

You say that as if no-one else has ever tried doing that confused

I seem to remember that last time it was brought up lots of people got shouted down for making suggestions that I thought were fairly reasonable.

But hey, if you have workable suggestions of how to..
make everyone do a search before posting
get rid of all the stupid games without getting lots of complaints
stop people posting in textspeak

then I'd love to hear them.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Wow, people are typing quickley! smile

... simplify ...

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

you want to know why I had become uninclined to post in other sections?

that is the way of ALL internet forums EVER. someone has even written an online article about it somewhere if you could be bothered to go find it.

Written by:

Rather than complain, and attempt to impose my wants on other people when they really don't want them imposed, I kept quiet.

that, my friend, is sad indeed but like i say, its the way of forums.same s**t different day. but you get out what you put in i reckon.

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Page: