Page:
PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
So it's another Manchester convention, very likely to be much the same as all the previous ones..
10am-7pm at Chorlton Leisure Centre, 7pm-erm, sometime later at St. Ninian's Church Hall.

General juggle weavesmiley ubbloco hug (where's the hoop graemlin??) fun during the day, evening is pub quiz/silliness/renegade (if we get any acts).

Probably going to be £6, it always has been before, but since we've not had an organisers' meeting yet that might change.

PM/ask here if there's anything else you want to know...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
When is it??

Don't you need a one of these?? beerchug

Is it just a one dayer or can we stay overnight??

I would love to come to this, especially since I've never been to Manchester.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hexagonic

When is it??

D'oh!!!

6th October.

Don't you need a one of these?? beerchug

Take your own to the church hall, they're fine with that ...
..And it's a MJC convention tradition to buy one for everyone anyway...

Is it just a one dayer or can we stay overnight??

One day, but crash space can be sorted for those who need it.

I would love to come to this, especially since I've never been to Manchester.

You'd be welcome..

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
ooOOoo. Me likes the sound of this biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
ill be there smile

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I think my brother is away for his birthday that weekend. So I have no reason other than money to not attend biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
For the last two years I've meant to go, this year I'm booking holidays from work!

Do you think I'd be allowed to take my bike in with me Nigel? its a bit to precious to lock up outside.
bounce2 bounce bounce2

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: house_of_mill

Do you think I'd be allowed to take my bike in with me Nigel? its a bit to precious to lock up outside.

bounce2 bounce bounce2

In the evening, yes, no problem. Not so sure about the leisure centre though.. Oh, no, hang on, I've just thought of the perfect place for it where it'll be right out of the way... (But there's only space for one bike there really, so don't nobody else go thinking of not bringing locks if they're pedalling.)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
MMmmmm 6th of October - That kinda fits in with my potential plans and i'd love t come up and see you Mancs again

Renegade you say.........Even more of a reason to make a visit

WildChild and friends are there and Irish people AND Hexgognic and Dave and..... LOTS - that might just sway it!!

I'll see ya'll at the BJC and chat about this

PS Ive emailed WildChild to see if she's OK after an accident?

but recieved no reply - can anyone tell me if she's OK? Just to put my mind at rest?

Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
she came off her bike frown and broke her collor bone.....

shes ok though, it was low speed and a bad corner smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Goddamit!!! frown

Anyway, good to hear Elaine's okay... Having quite an accident prone couple of weeks aren't we? Who's the next to fall?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bubbles - give her my love if you see her

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll be there again.

Hopefully less hung over than last year biggrin

I'm going to try to leave the car so I can have a drink and come to the evening as well this time.

rorbidnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I have never heard about this but it sounds very interessting,
10 til 7 chorlton leisure centre.. I'll be there

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Not long now biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

336 posts

Posted:
Thanx for the timely bump Steaks!!

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hi - can anyone tell me more? Never heard of this (even though I live in Chorlton!) What happens on the day? Lotta poi?

liz x

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
the details are all on the first few posts.

Its mostly a juggling convention but there will be people doing poi, staff, devilsticks, etc, etc...

You should come down - its always (extremely geeky) fun biggrin

336 posts

Posted:
Somehow the post under this one appeared twice so I wrote this here instead.
EDITED_BY: PinkNigel (1190130821)

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

You should come down

Indeed you should..

- its always (extremely geeky) fun biggrin

Why thank'ee, we like to think so too.

Had a 2-minute convention meeting at Bristol last weekend, at which we had just enough time to say "hmm.. we need to have a meeting" and "yes, it will be £6 again" (no concessions, sorry, we're non-profit and the hall is the same amount whoever turns up...)

curlywurlynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
By "details" you mean fun and sillines? sounds fine if so!

Are there kind of workshops and stuff, or is it like an extended gasworks-type meet in the day? I'm dead keen to learn some new tricks and wondering if this is somewhere I might get to do that!

336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: curlywurly

Are there kind of workshops

As always, anyone who wants to run a workshop is perfectly welcome to stand up and shout "{whatever} workshop starting now just here!!". We don't have any planned in advance tho, so it could well be that none officially happen...

But everyone's friendly, you just gotta ask folk to teach you and they usually will...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
should be down there for the day, but goldie is playing at keele uni that night, so think will have to jet back to stoke for that, also if the weather is good theres gonna be afters wink

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
If anyone wants to learn some poi or staff stuff just give me a shout.

I'll be around all day I imagine indulging in some completely unnecessary geekery.

Nigel - Will be cool to actually say hello to you properly. Dave did point you out at Play but I was running round fixing things all weekedn so never got to meet you smile

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:

Nigel - Will be cool to actually say hello to you properly. Dave did point you out at Play but I was running round fixing things all weekedn so never got to meet you smile

same as, although i do remember talking to your next door neighbour at play,

ubbloco the geeks will be out in force biggrin

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

336 posts

Posted:
Big fat plugging-the-convention-I'm-organising bump.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Next weekend! bounce2

Owner of Clarence_Quack

MinxGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
Have just found out about this from Curlywurly as I haven't been on the forums before (slap my wrists)!

Can't do the evening but would love to come during the day - and I only live around the corner!!

I'm a newbie poister and will be gazing in awe at everyone and plucking up the courage to ask for help!!

Am very excited!!! bounce2 and a little bit nervous...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Don't be nervous!

It'll just be a load of overfriendly juggers/poisters/weirdos in a hall together doing lots of juggly/spinny/weird stuff.

Everyone is always really friendly at conventions, don't be afraid to go up and chat.

You might also be interested in this...

[Old link]

looking forwards to meeting you! biggrin Have fun!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

336 posts

Posted:
We had a convention meeting last night (it had to happen eventually; we might be very slack about it, but it doesn't actually all sort itself out..) and everything's in place now for Saturday. All the usual convention madness, keeping the games short and sweet so nobody whinges about how long they go on for, keeping the pub quiz short and sweet for similar reasons... See y'all Saturday bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

MinxGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the words/welcome and link Pricklyleaf!! Have made it down once on a Sun eve with curlywurly - am getting beaten up at karate for the next 3 Sundays though - and then busy for the two Sundays after that! Would love to try and make it down to the gasworks more regularly though.
See you Sat.

Amina

Page: