• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Hypnos

Total posts: 4
Posted:Hey

New to the site really, just have a few questions on the fire footbags (ignoring the brand name its always been hacky to me). Ive read through the other topics so I apologise if there is some covered material from what I ask.

All questions are directed at the kevlar/volcanic stone ones seen on HOP

Question 1 - What kind of skill level do you need to use one of these? Im not exactly a pro but between my mates and I we can get a few hacks amoung 5-6 people.

Question 2 - How long does it last before going out? I would check the videos but my internet is a bit sketchy at the moment (so if this comes through as a double post thats also the reason why), and I am unable to load them.

Question 3 - Obviously you would want stronger leather shoes (so they dont catch), but what are the chances of clothing catching on fire as you play?

Question 4 - A bit unrelated but anyone know anywhere in new zealand where you can get your hands on a decent LED footbag? (that glows to a similar intensity to that of the standard single LED pois on HoP)

Cheers for your time. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Edit : Also sorry if this is placed in the wrong forum, I really should have payed closer attention to the forum name, just saw other toys and thought "ahh thats me"

EDITED_BY: Hypnos (1188622677)

Delete Topic

Rellizate
GOLD Member since Feb 2007

Rellizate

old hand

Total posts: 719
Posted:1: Well, ultimatly it comes down to you, but I'd say hacks between 5-6 people is fine.

2: Well, I have no expertise with fire footbags, but judging from the amount of wick and such, i'd say 5-6 min.

3: Well, depends what you were. If you have denim on, it will be very very hard. I've held a butane lighter to my denim trousers for 15 seconds, and not hand any flame of anything. The denim did get rather hot on the inside though...

4: Sorry nah.

Delete

Cyricx
GOLD Member since Sep 2006

Cyricx

Total posts: 28
Posted: Written by: Hypnos

Question 1 - What kind of skill level do you need to use one of these? Im not exactly a pro but between my mates and I we can get a few hacks amoung 5-6 people.

Not a whole lot, just be sure your in an area that won't cause an issue with a flamming ball hitting the ground wink

I'd also follow the normal smart fire safety ideas with clothing being 100% cotton, denim, leather or kevlar, and wearing a hat or damp bandana. Also get your facial hair wet if you have any.

As a fellow hacky sack lover I know that sometimes the hack can get away from ya, or a misplaced kick can give ya a face full of hack smile

Written by: Hypnos

Question 2 - How long does it last before going out? I would check the videos but my internet is a bit sketchy at the moment (so if this comes through as a double post thats also the reason why), and I am unable to load them.

I'd guess 3-5 minutes depending on your fuel source.

Written by: Hypnos

Question 3 - Obviously you would want stronger leather shoes (so they dont catch), but what are the chances of clothing catching on fire as you play?

Not nessecarily, if you use a heavier liquid like lamp oil, citronella oil or something it doesn't transfer to the clothes very well.

But if you use a lighter liquid like camp fuel or something, you might have a little bit of fuel transfer in the first minute or so, but it shouldn't be any worse then when I spin fire chucks with camp fuel. The lighter liquids transfer easily, but also evaporate quickly and as long as your wearing the right clothing, it'll self extinquish in two - three seconds before it starts to even get warm to you.

US Performer liability insurance run by performers. Why pay more then you have to?

WeAreSafe.org

Delete