Forums > Videos > Poje's Contact Staff Video Blog {Update: Zone(top post) and 2nd fire v

Login/Join to Participate

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
EDIT: Not so much a spinning video as a video of emence fun....Zone Trip 9 or: The Zone Of Mass Destruction
https://vimeo.com/3345446

My first fire video, how exciting, wish i could have gotten my glasses on and keep the staff going Tell me what you think. This is my brand new staff and it weighs a ton(5.5 feet, 1 inch aluminum with 1/8 inch walls) I like it just cant spin much longer then 3 minutes. Thanks for the feedback

EDITED_BY: Poje (1241121075)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

scoshBRONZE Member
non stop uber rocking electro rock party
122 posts

Posted:
many claps

"im quite depressed, im quite a mess, so beat me up, beat me down, mess me up beyond all recognition"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
kick ass!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Rar, great work mate!

You have really been practising! biggrin

Videowise - people like as high a framerate as possible - trails are bad as we want to see what you are doing. This video wasnt too bad for that all though - it might also just be to do with the camera?

Your skillz iz sh1t h0t.

Youse gotz mad skillz. smile

Good work mate hug

(just had a thought - on the fishtails, you shouldnt need to move your leg backwards and forwards - try doing the fishywishytails in wheel plane right in front of you, rather than wall plane at your side. smile )
EDITED_BY: UnderControlOrFailure (1188630393)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
clap
actually I liked the fishtails done that way!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ya thats the only way i can get fishtails down aith the dramatic leg movement, ill try out what you said though UCOF. the framerate is just under 30 (like 29.8something) i dunno why primeir was set to that but this is my first video editing since like....7 years ago. thanks for the support guys, hopefully my next one will be a LOT cleaner.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
bump

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
No one has anything to say? how depressing frown

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Raaar.. I now have something to say.

You've clearly been practising lots smile

Fishtails are clean, try leaning back a little though? it looked like you were leaning forwards a little... confused though it is down to personal preferance.

how are the backwards ones coming on? left hand ones too?

Your elbow wrist wrist elbow rolls are cleeeeeeeean. Squeaky almost smile

I also hope that wasn't a cigarette in your mouth. Spl1ffs are much more the fire spinning genre wink

(dont worry about the lack of comments, Ive been particularly disillusioned with the HOP member videos recently. nothing has been standing out for me/ making me go "ooooooooh!" so Ive just been staying away. i hear a few people have been doing the same too - it doesnt mean that people dont like it, just they forgot/ cant be arsed to comment.)

I really liked the tune too smile

hug2

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i dont really get the backwards fish tails, i seem to start them backwards bt the always end up going forwards, left hand is slightly sloppier and not able to do as many. i am leaning forward, i dont understand how people can just stand there and fishtail...oh well.

Yes that was a cigarette, the other stuff was off camera.
thanks for the feedback

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Ya, throw me in with the can't be arsed to comment crowd...guilty

I actually liked both videos, however I liked the bottom one better just because of the lighting.

No..here's my excuse..I suck at contact, so I don't feel qualified to give you any feedback on your technique. I swore off giving any more comments about lighting, ( oops ) and quite often I'm at a loss for words to say anything any more interesting than "I liked it"

Unless, of course I didn't like it...but I'd say that too.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
lighting is hard here, see all that sunlight in the new video? thats 110ish degrees. I'm staying in the shade. But good to here you liked it.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
I actually watched this about a week ago but got distracted so never commented. Sorry.

Really nice. I, like you, learnt forwards fishtails before backwards, nothing wrong with that, but if you stick at backwards you will find they are easier to control and you can stand completly still with them or dance around like a loon, whatever takes your fancy. When learning them try turning around from forwards to backwards, it will really help your control and there are a bunch of new moves you will be able to do with them (have a look at360 fishtails, Fishtail carries, Fishtail Fountain , and Antispun fishtail fountain)

I also really like your 360 halos, you have them nice and clean. Try learning it horizontally too. Its easier and you can put them in the middle of any move that works around your neck. Try learning to steve down to your neck, do a horizontal 360 halo then steve out. It looks cool and gives you a chance to stabalise your steve before exiting.

Keep at it, you are obviously a quick learner smile

"Don't do it naked!"

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: -sandy-

Try learning to steve down to your neck, do a horizontal 360 halo then steve out. It looks cool and gives you a chance to stabalise your steve before exiting.

oh oh oh, what a great idea, i know what im doing when i get off work today. Thanks Sandy.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
bump?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
cool a trick called steve...(video?) biggrin

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Noelskimember
129 posts

Posted:
Yeah Poje!

Love watching your shoulders groovin' with the duck outs...

More Poje dance!!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
FTaG - What? the video is in the first post.

Noel - Thanks, wouldn't be doing those duckouts if it weren't for you guys. Are you asking for more dance? I'm working on it, give it time.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i meant a video of the ever elusive steve but don't worry i've seen him now. wink

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Here is another video fo that night with only a little of me, mostly other people. Poi, fans, Rope Dart, breathing, check it out

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
So all my videos are gone....got messed up somehow...I got a new fire video and i will work on getting my other ones working

EDITED_BY: Poje (1241120985)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
man I just watched it again, and caught something, I still do that SLOPPY as hell vertical to horizontal pass behind my back....i gotta stop that....

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!