Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
make a set of poi with alot of small link chainnext attach glowsticks all down them (at a rave its easy to get glowsticks)voila very kool lookin poi

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
yeh, great idea, Chris has been doing a similar thing for years and taking them to raves. He made detatchable poi that could be fire or glow or whatever else you can clip on. Also monster poi kinda like your idea but with fire. But we dont take them to raves anymore cos we have had a set stolen each by some f!@#'in assholes. Also the tripper factor, when people just walk righ through is abit dangerous.

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
i had a rope spear and poi set stolen oncemy bro almost kicked somekids ass cause we knew it was our poi and the kid couldnt use it and didnt know what it was called. then the rave promoter threatened to kick him out if he didnt give it back, cause i was on staff for poi so it was obviously ours so he gave it backever since then we dont stop spinning if he walks close to us.we never found the shit that has our rope spear but if we do..... POW!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
That is really crap about gear getting nicked. I brought Poi to an outdoor rave a while back and left them around for people to use. Unfortunately when I got them back they were rather mucky and the ends were very ragged from been slammed into the ground. But I never imagined that somebody would be so low as to steal somebodys poi.What Rat B@stards!!------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

The Cabirimember
20 posts

Posted:
have many of you folks done 'multi-wick'? this is sorta like Jeff's initial suggestion, but with fire poi.basically, you mount two or more wicks along the chain (although not close up to the grips obviously) rather than just one at the end...we've never done this, but our fiery peers have, and it gives a neat effect.Charly wink

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
yeah, multi wick looks great!shame they always weigh a ton.havin said that, the ones i've used always have kevlar/pipe wicks rather than towel/wire (which would be lighter).otherwise, your range (speedwise) is limited,and you just look dull.(but with muscley arms)

Rainmember
69 posts

Posted:
sorry to change the subject but Jeff what is a rope spear? Rain.

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
1 very long poi chain (1.5-2 metres)spun around and you tangle yourself up in the rope then untangle without stalling or stoping the end fire/glowstick part.great for practicing your wrapslooks very cool if you see somebody who is good at it

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
whoa Jeff, that sound insane, I have never heard of that shit before. Closest I have seen would be meteors, theyre cool.Multi wick pois- the canberra firetwirlers who meet at the chess pit have some ace multi poi and do all these wicked shaolinmonk-esque stuff.Fireworks uses them occasionally, only we call them monster poi cos theyre so damn heavy and deadly.

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
hey jeff (i know i know, the subject... sorry)is there any place where i coul learn something about rope spear??? i've got a friend doing wushu who showed me some stuff, but not really much. i'd really love to learn it, could you describe anything?thxSaBBaS

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
dude, I haven't seen Jeff Duncan around these parts for ages. You might be better off reading the current active thread on rope dart etc.... than waiting around for a reply from jeff.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498165)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
However...many kudos to you for using the search function and breathing life into something long thought gone! Yeah...someone listens!!!!Check out rope darts and meteors for ideas.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 11 January 2002).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Hey SaBBas,There was just a freaking massive rant about rope dart. It should still be up on the main page. As for learning it, it would probobly be best for your friend in Wu-shu to teach you, beccause there aren't a whole lot of recources for lessons short of actually training in Wu-shu or Shao-lin.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
yes, i read the thread about rope dart... it doesn't help me very much though... just realized that what i was asking here was the same winkthx anywaySaBBaS------------------Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda