pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
What happened to them? confused

They were the life and soul of this place... now they seem to have disappeared but still listed.

seems every one is hiding here and our mods dont exist any more!

hug hugs to the Mods. ubblove i still love and miss ya.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hello my love.

For me, well, I lurk but my cookies were erased on my machine and I am waiting to get the mod password again so that I can resume my duties. It's been awhile to be sure.

Summer has been keeping me busy with events and perfs but when I do come on here, I don't have much to say (until the hotness of you shows up that is!)

So while you ask where're the mods (very good question indeed) I say where are the likes of you, Cantus, Jo Derry, Flynty, etc.. who were the very heart and blood here, whom I adore so much? Hell even NYC's mouth doesn't seem so big anymore. wink (You KNOW I love you NYC! hug )

Love and miss you too..always! ubblove hug

(ps: interesting team page there)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Aww pele hug thanks.

Just seems like you guys have been phased out after keeping this place running and arguing for years... seems such a shame...

Don't know so much about all of the changes on hop, but goths thread made me think about some things...

Shame to see this forum go from community to buisness
frown

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
dude! right here?!! hug

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If the mods dont need to have a huge presence Id say the site is crusing. Each time the mods have been flagged they have responded amzingly quickly to the needs.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

Hell even NYC's mouth doesn't seem so big anymore. wink

It's just been doing other things. eek

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
like saying"I do" wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Well that was certainly the cleanest thing anyone could have said! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Wasn't the first thing that popped into my head, to be sure! wink

Pele

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PK_

Just seems like you guys have been phased out after keeping this place running and arguing for years... seems such a shame... frown

No way!
I know "the Mods" haven't been in evidence much recently but I think that's because the forum has been very well behaved and there hasn't been any need. I can count on one hand the number of times there has been a "Notify Mods" alert in the last few months whereas when I started there would be a couple every day. Maybe it's just that everyone's out in the sun being happy?

Written by: PK_

Shame to see this forum go from community to buisness frown

Again please - no way! The Community is what makes HoP so special. It's the main reason I took the job when Malcolm offered it to me and it's what makes it so special after all the other neat stuff I've done over my 4*ahrrrmm* years!!
Of course HoP has to make money in order to employ people to grow and cover all the arts and everything we want to achieve for the Community, but if it EVER seems like business BEFORE Community - you kick me hard immediately!

I can understand (now that you raise the question) that our "Meet the Team" page might imply the Mods have been phased out because they don't feature. That page was meant for the paid employee's that work in the NZ office because many of them aren't known through the forum, but for sure "the Mods" are an absolute vital part of our team, so I'll absolutely fix that straight away. (So guys and girls, you know that means I'm going trolling the galleries for incriminating photo's of you, so if you want a half-way decent one posted then please send it to me!).

We ubblove our Mods hug . We wouldn't be able to do what we do without them, and I know we don't say it often enough, but it's true. Thanks for reminding me PK.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
have npt ben round much but where did lady pounce go?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
shes around brodie.. try her facebook or myspace.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Where am I?

hmm. good question. I think I started lurking because HoP got a little too big for me, and I found that I didn't have much to say that wasn't being said by LOTS of other people...

I'm still around. Life is a little harder, so I dont have as much to blather about, but I'm still here! (see! I am!!)

xoxoxoxo hug to Pele!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNT!

*locks Flynt in hug of not-quite-death*

hug hug hug hug

We miss you!!!! ubblove

Pele

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
tho i havent seen charles in aaaaaages

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
awwww redface
Thanks Pele...

I only found this thread cos I did a "Cantus" and searched for my own name... lol

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Wait what? It's doing a 'cantus' now instead of a 'durbs'? I've been gone too long, my whole world is turning around! I've even told people to do a 'durbs' on other boards!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
A cantus is where you search your own screen name in order to find out if your name has been mentioned.

smile

...I think...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Classic.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol i've tried that before, but a search of my name, though, often brings the "ahhh *pounces on Flynt* type stuff wink

i'm still around brodie. hug

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Yeah, a 'durbs' is where you do a search for info or other threads on a particular topic.

A 'C@ntus' (and lets be fair, this started when he still had the @ in his name...) is when you search for mentions of your own name. I probably do this once every few months to see if people are trying to get in contact with me... thats the only reason, promise!

And Pouncey, lol *pounces on Flynt*... that's still a mention of your name right? ubbangel

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
tis true ubblol although certainly not the same thing wink can i argue that they are stealing my move and therefore paying homage to memememe? ubblol hmmm....i haven't searched my name lately....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Flynt

I only found this thread cos I did a "Cantus" and searched for my own name... lol

Well I only found this thread because my girlfriend happened across it some days ago and only just got round to telling me today.

I was under the impression the term was "doing a Josh" or do we have to say Pyrowhatsit nowadays? wink I generally used it when I was travelling to find out relevent posts. It's so much easier than trawling through pages and pages of stuff when you only have a short while in a hot and dusty inturnip cafe...

I've found a good way to get Bender into threads is to mention his name too biggrin

Worked with Flyntie in my Chelly's ubblove intro too. 'Cept she didn't seem to stay and chat ubbcrying

Nice to see I'm remembered for some things though eh? hug

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Cantus

'Cept she didn't seem to stay and chat ubbcrying

she doesnt do much posting anywhere. frown

like a lot of people i know.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Oh stop it. This is the fourth time I've posted on this thread, so that's got to mean something right?

I call it doing a "C@ntus" because you taught me Mr Fraggle! And yes, you are remembered.

And Pouncey, all that sentance needs is an appropriatedly placed apostrophe... biggrin

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
mmmm, now there's a thought wink kiss

**giggles**

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always