glow_monkeyDIAMOND Member
21 posts

Posted:
Thank you from the deepest warmest parts of my heart to all who were involved with organising uberoz, especially of course Gabe.

Special thanks also to Pyroptix, Kyle, Brad and Steve for taking the time to work with young george outside of workshops.

The warm inner glow i normally have is a raging fire right now, I am so proud of the seven students of mine who attended especially considering the longest any of them had been twirling was 16 weeks and i know they must have been nervous. They had the most amazing experience as did i. Every one of us has taken something special away from the event and made so many new friends. Their confidence levels have soared already, Im sure we will be all swapping the things we have learnt for months to come, and are all already sweating on the next one.

Thanks again to all who were there, it really was like one huge happy family as cliched as that may be.

Cheers Glow Monkey. Glen

keep your country's future secure, report a taroist

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Phwoar a raging fire..... Wow that's really cool. Was good to see you again sir. Your little students put on quite the show on Saturday night. Was good to watch.

Umm why did you change your name???? ubbrollsmile hug

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
hug

It was lovely to meet you and your students, Glen. I too am looking forward to the next one smile

Until then, safe travels and happy spinning! hug

Regards,

Brendan.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

21 posts

Posted:
What name change? it should still be glow monkey shouldnt it.

21 posts

Posted:
Likewise, Thank you for your fan inspiration, i have already cut the steel for some new four head fans that i can spin a little better.

Cheers, hope to see you at Common

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Wow!!
What more can I say?.

Except…..
If I had been saving every spare penny to go to an event where I was going to work my butt off for 2 days and be totally knackered at the end of each day and I walked into the ‘chill out area’ and there were 5 kids there , I would have been eek “ you are KIDDING me !!!!”eek……. But you know what?. That reaction was TOTALLY opposite to the reception that was received by myself and my family…..

2UberOz was the first place that we have not had to worry about where our children were or who they were with…….Its as though they had 110 new Aunts and Uncles…Awesome!! hug

Glen was totally correct. The kids were very nervous as to what people would think of their newly learned skills. When they spin around where we live they have no one to pick up on any mistakes that they make so every performance is fantastic and that’s what I tell them every time they spin in front of a crowd, that no one else there can do it so they wont know if they make a mistake. I could hardly say that at Uber could I? ..lol

Every single one of you taught the kids something… wether you knew it or not. Be it a trick or a skill or a move or just about life in general.

When you live in a rural area as we do , the art of conversation with strangers is often lost but this weekend you all showed my family that people are awesome..( even if a few of them look a bit umm. .ermm ‘different’)hehehe. At one point I was almost wishing it had been me that had stepped on the nail, with all the special attention that Jess got!!. .hehehe

We want to say a huuuge Thank You to all and everyone, and a massive Thank You to a selected few… You know who you are , the people that we made special connections with and those that gave that extra little bit! I know that this weekend has changed our lives forever.

A Special Note:

Glen aka Glow Monkey.

We want to Thank You specially, as without you we would never have learned the ability to learn such an awe inspiring art. We would have never even known that UberOz exsisted and had the opportunity to meet such fantastic people. Glen we want to Thank You for not only teaching us but also for allowing us to learn beside you.

welcomeAlso if any of you guys are ever in the Brisbane area…get in touch and come and PLAY at our home!!!!! welcome

Cant wait Unil the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbie, Eddie, Thom, JessKah, Travis, Jess & George. grouphug

21 posts

Posted:
aww shucks, you made me go all like i did when i first saw the girls do their fan dance to concrete angel.....

(for those who dont know that means i cried)

Thanks Abbi, Eddi, and the five musketeers for just being you.

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Hahaha twas awesome to have the 'uberfamily' along for the 2berOz ride! See you hopefully at woodford/ TriberOz or whenever!

-Baccory aka Brian

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
TriberOz!!! ubbtickled

an inspired suggestion for the name of a potential third event.

Along with 3UberOz (throoberoz) Uber3Oz (ooberthroz) (I kinda like Uber with a *superscript 3* = UberCube)

Oooh and Abbie,

Written by: all_fired_up_in_oz

At one point I was almost wishing it had been me that had stepped on the nail, with all the special attention that Jess got!!. .hehehe

How is she and her poor foot!?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

21 posts

Posted:
cheers, i'll be at common ground.

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Ooooh Gabe Jess' foot.......I had to take her to the doc today.. its pretty swollen. I kept telling her the worse thing that would happen would be a tetanus shot!

How wrong was I???...

Apparently if it isnt any better in 24 hrs she has to have it lanced!!!!!!!!!!!.... Might have to employ Bren with the Meteor to come catch her and tie her down I think.. As I doubt I will be even able to catch her!!

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
Awww. Poor girl - though we were pretty lucky that Jess' foot was the worst of the injuries!

Glen: Double, triple thanks for letting me run off with those bellydancing fire palm thingies for a day. I'm thinking of designing something (maybe experimenting attaching them differently to the hands). If I do come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know. Elsewise, when we meet up again I'll buy a set.

I quite like all the new UberOz names... If you placed a backwards superscript 3 facing the Uber it could be CuberOz biggrin

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
www.byry.com.au/2uberoz

Random 2Uberoz snaps smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:

if it isnt any better in 24 hrs she has to have it lanced!!!!!!!!!!!

SO???? How is it???

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
OK....Faced with the threat of having her foot taken off at the ankle....or so thats what her brothers told her.... she has sat allll day wiping it with peroxide and believe it or not the swelling has started to go down.. so looks like all will be ok......thank the gods!

21 posts

Posted:
oh damn, *putting drill bits and butter knife back in pocket* and i was looking forward to a lance dance party. seriously you know i love ya jess, hope its better before next week, i wanna get you all dancin and groovin at the next lesson.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:

OK....Faced with the threat of having her foot taken off at the ankle....or so thats what her brothers told her.... she has sat allll day wiping it with peroxide and believe it or not the swelling has started to go down.. so looks like all will be ok......thank the gods!

frown frown

hug Godspeed to her recovery.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well?

Do we get to watch the amputation or what? Does peroxide defeat the evil demons??

One of our esteemed but somewhat boyoish Uberteachers is now in hospital from not looking after a footwound (not acquired there) SO it does happen eh. Which is one reason we are so severe about people wearing shoes at WOodford. People call us 'fascist' when we chuck em offsite for having bare feet, but we KNOW that foot wounds are the most likely things to make people disfunctional in festival situation. That and falling in love. wink

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i promise ill make it to uber one day tongue

hug smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

all_fired_up_in_ozmember
31 posts

Posted:
Well Gabe Jess is all good again...back to chasing her brothers and practising for the performance which is on Thursday night this week......
She has taken her shoe to school today for 'show and tell' to show everyone the nail hole...lol...Last night she came out in these platforms that were about 6 inches thick and said 'the nail's not gonna get me now!!'....hehehehe.....