Page:
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey guys, well i've been glued to designing again recently and landed the job of doing our website.

so your roll in this is to click this link to the all new te POOKa website, please dont bookmark this is it isnt at its correct address right now untill it gets finished and moved to appropriate ftp folders. if you do feel like bookmarking it the use the address www.tepooka.org

so give me slander give me good information tell me things....PLEASE

[ 22. May 2003, 04:50: Message edited by: Trait Of 1112™ ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oooooooo pretty

get the gallery up

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
looks cool

¿

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Me likes the spiffy graphics!

Good job!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a gorgeous website that does justice to kickass troupe. i wuv the au batido and the macaco combos in the refractions trailer, moneiro!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Looks deadly man!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
The site looks fantastic. Bender mentioned a trailer. Where can we see it?

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
here and its called refractions!

thanks guys.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
oh its under media! enjoy

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
PM on it's way. Sorry, but you asked for it!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
fine!

tell him and not me!

i don't care!

*sulks*

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sorry, that don't work on me, espically with hair like that

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you're an evil and lovely man dom.

when you passing thru the te POOKa womb?

134 posts

Posted:
Downloaded "refractions", but only the audio track will play. Perhaps you could provide the codec on the download site? Windows media player XP won't download the codec it needs for the video.

Thanks. Really want to see it.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
not certain about this... but go to the video thread(pk+mineiro) in poi moves and somewhere on page one there should be guidelines on how to get divx....

R

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Just watched the TePooka video. WOW its great, well done! nice job. That stiltwalking was quite sinister, i loved the intro too, with the silhouettes, really atmospheric.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
(needs more lemmings tho)

134 posts

Posted:
Thanks a lot. DivX worked. Love the videos. Nice idea with the projection screen behind the show. I like the shadows throughout the performance on the screen. What's it made from?

cheers,

-Rick aka Loki

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
More lemmings are always a good idea!!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
its a 30 odd foot triangle truss frame with a hugh screen covering the front.

thanks for the pm dom, i got a lot of stuff to work on, i've had corporate crap spew'd at me too which i am ignoring they said not corporate. need to finish the images too, they are too big! at the moment as it stands it meets the design blurb i was given and that scroll bar was hated which is why there isnt one and as to why it doesnt fit 800x600 i have no idea? might just be me and my big monitor to notice. the roll over images are okish! though i am slowly learning flash and want to make them flash rather than dhtml cos dhtml is crap and flash is kinda slick and this will make bender like it more too will match his style! .
any way cheers for the techy stuff guys much needed.
will see you mr leggy blondy tiarra wearing huggable fluffy and bright southern fairy at glasto, and come see our show at least one night, we will have loads of workshop stuff going on too.

smiles and hugs.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Why Rob, you say the nicest things.
I will definitely be loittering around te Pooka activities at Glasto. I'm organising the audience to shout 'it's Kens fault' if anyone makes a mistake during the show
And will hopefully be up north soon after

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom (Tall & Stunning Blonde):
I'm organising the audience to shout 'it's Kens fault' if anyone makes a mistake during the show
And will hopefully be up north soon after

hahah kenns fault. its allways kenns fault.

and get your arse here after glasto

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:

i took speech lessons you know

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
a very keen site .. the video was fun ... it looks very impressive

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
*revamp* too many hiccups on that site, back to the drawing board, just redesigned every thing! what a day.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
*EDIT* new stuff nothings linked only one page online.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

love the changing pics at the bottom o0f the fromnt page, found it a little hard to spot the scoll icons. Nice shit as always tho my man, L8r.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
PK, was that an offer of a lift? *smiles sweetly, which always ends up looking manical*

It's looking better. How do you design? I used to design a page in Photoshop for easy tweaking, playing with elements, pixel perfect nerdism, etc... and then translate by hand coding to html. Always found that method a lot better for letting creativity flow without being hindered by having to code html all the time.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i used to do as aprt of my job, photoshop for a living for nigh on 3 years after i left school, which helps. but i just like to sit around and play around with graphics and make stuff digitally, slowly working my way round html and java, and just been playing mainly reading how to do stuff with flash see here>> !a web link! which is crossed flash and html, simply for the need for people to be able to right click on selected links and be able to save targets, which flash doesnt let you do which kinda sucks, but flash lets you export layouts as jpg's which is good because you can use that as a back ground for html, though the pages i made need some work here and there.

and if your wanting a lift i can find out if were gonna have a spare seat on the way back, cos im pretty sure people are gonna come back on different days. that will put a smile on nats face cos she cant get the time off work to go cos of her boss.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think on the nav bar you should swap the words 'TePooka' and Navigate, as its not clear until you rollover the Tepooka thing that it is interactive.

Generally speaking, you want people to have at least some idea whats going to happen -before- they have to interact.

Nice site tho mate. Looking better all the time.

flash is shit for accessiblity..it breaks alot of browser functionality. I think it shouldnt be used unless absolutely neccessary which 99.999% of the time it isnt. You can still get stunning designs without resorting to using flash.

Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
plus - if you swap those elements, you will have the correct information heirachy too.

At the moment the heading seems to be Navigate, however I think the heading should be Te-Pooka and the explanatory info should be 'Navigate'

Josh

Page: