Page:
brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
so recently i have discovered that many school around my county and i think mostly over the country that there are many new rules being brought in to combat individuality.
the rules in my school for instance are:
-no make up
-no accesories
-no electronics (i.e phones, MP3's)
-no belts that arn't black leather and more than 5cm

and their excuse for this??? to stop bullying and to help students concentrate on education instead of fighting unheard of fashion wars. soon their going to have us marching round the corridors in time!
the problem that i see with this is that altough it may claim to stop bullying in school - it wont - kids will always find something to pick out if they are going to bully someone. The problems that will arise from this is that the bullys will find things to pick on that hit closer to home and make the victims feel more insecure about themelves as it is most likyly to be things they cannot change. Consequently when they finsh their education and come out into the real world they will be severly unprepared and will have the ideology that all people should be exactly the same and to be differnt is very very wrong
their bringing up a nation of sheep!
also they belive that bringing in uniform and dress code will calm behavior, however on a recent school trip to see romeo & juliet the whole auditorium was full of schools and we were the only ones out of uniform and yet we were the best behaved confused wheres the sense in that???
i know for a fact that many people are not happy about these rules. Including the students and parents (I think some teachers aswell but they cant say for fear of being fired) Resulting from this a whole school protest is being planned, were not the kinda kids who like to get trampled on, we speak up if needs be grouphug

so just wondering what your views on this are???

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
As a teacher on excursions I imagine uniform makes life easier as well.
If you see a yellow shirt wander off its prolly one of yours.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

In Israel a school uniform is a pair of jeans and a school T-shirt or polo.

I don't think a uniform need involve a skirt and/or tie. I just think that a simple uniform helps to cut down on clothing costs. And it also stops the inevitable fashion wars that otherwise erupt.

that's true dude, that was like our infant school. I would have loved to only have to wear a polo shirt with the school crest instead of a shirt..

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Page: