GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I can do the normal corkscrew move but how do you go about adding beats to it? In yutas 2005 vid he does a nice fluid 4bt? corkscrew at 1 minute 12 seconds in.

The normal corkscrew just looks messy and rushed (or mine does)

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
eeerm ok. i can try explain! eep. so normal corkscrew over your head, so one hand immediately follows the other over your head, rather than split time like on the HOP video. get that really tidy so both wrists are close together when doing it. then when you bring your hands over your head, you are taking the hand that came over your head second, and wrapping it around the wrist of the hand that was leading as you went above your head. almost immediately pull both arms down and in front of you! let them unwrap and then do the same thing, wrap the following hand around the wrist of the leading hand and bring immediately back up over your head. that make any sense?

so when im doing it im bringing my right hand up, followed by the left hand. the left hand wraps aropund the right wrist, then i pull both down in front of me.they unwrap, and my right hand immediately wraps just around my left wrist and i bring them up. and it all starts again. a lot of it is in the timing. if you hit yourself in the face then its cos you didnt move them down fast enough.

well... i tried! its very similar to a 5 beat weave, just verticle instead of horizontal. im sure there is a video kicking about somewhere that can explain it better than me. its one of those things you really need to see i think..

if i could be a busy busy bee...

glowing_foolknown to wear fancy pants
11 posts

Posted:
i'd say for this move that was a pretty good written explanation. my only suggestion would be to try and add beats to the corkscrew at the bottom first so you can see what you're doing then once you are comfortable try mimicking the motion above your head. also if you know how to do 5 beat weaves it might help to think of one of those in a horizontal plane. i would emphasize what lizzy said about immediately moving your hands either up or down after you cross your wrists.

spin happy

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I can do 5bt weave forwards but not backwards. Its a messy 5bt weave though so i think ill try and get that before attempting the 5beat corkscrew.

Just thought there might be a 3 beat corkscrew instead of the 2bt

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yup, 5bt weave, but in a horizontal plane.

It's easier than reverse 5 beat weave. At least, I think so, anyways.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
hell yeah i did something right biggrin heehee. hows it going???

if i could be a busy busy bee...