poi_kittySILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
I bought myself a pair of fluffy poi today at our local juggling shop, and within 5 minutes had managed the butterfly and the giant butterfly!!!

and my friend, who is getting pretty good at poi is going to give me a few lessons on wednesday in the park, which should be lots of fun smile

i just had to share how excited i am about getting a move sorted!!!!

fluffy poi are so much easier to spin with too....

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I wasn't so keen on them the time I tried them. I found the weight to be annoyingly light. But they're fantasmic for getting the nerve up to try new things. Definitely less painful than fire or glow versions.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

poi_kittySILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
i found the weight a lot better for me, than the tail poi with tennis balls in. They are heavier and more steady. guess they are better for me to learn with... and they dont hurt when i get hit!!

thombreGOLD Member
74 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poi_kitty

... and they dont hurt when i get hit!!

Hit yourself in the head yet? biggrin

Buy gerbils cos you can't spin with hamsters

poi_kittySILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
yes. a lot ha ha ha

i had to stop after a while when i got a headache :|

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Practice new moves with monkey fists like i did. Trying to work out turning with crosses and I planted a monkeyfist into the back of my head and I blacked out for a second.

It makes you not want to hit yourself again and so sort the moves faster!

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
heeheee...or not. no need to get a brain injury whilst learning. save it for later! :P yay for fluffy poi. if you love them then great! i think everyone needs a "magical" set of poi that give you amazing abilities biggrin looks like you found yours biggrin

if i could be a busy busy bee...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
hehe.. i guess painful poi help you develop the sixth sense (aka: "holy sh*t it's going for my face/balls") quicker. wink

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
i was using stage balls in socks for about 6 months,
i refered to them as "Danger Poi" they hurt quite a bit when you hit your shins ect, the same goes with proballs in nets, they can really hurt if you hit yourself, but just having these props makes you more aware of where the poi heads actually are.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
as did my amerstdam poi, as they have fishing weights on the ends biggrin but i bruise easily, so soft poi to start with was a good idea. now i know when its going to go wrong, as i have the muscle memory and can feel it somehow when i mess up a swing - so i know when to duck for cover or get out of its way biggrin

if i could be a busy busy bee...