jumblymambaputting a new spin on juggling
21 posts

Posted:
jumblymambas are a new universal juggling tool details of how to make them are avalible free through the jumblymamba website

JUMBLYMAMBA-THE SHOW THEY CANNOT BUY

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Do you not remember the thread you previously made about this, with the same title (minus the "s")?

umm

[Old link]

I'd suggest you bump that one instead smile

I like this picture lots!

Non-Https Image Link

I dont see any link on your site (jumblymamba.com still?) showing where to make them though frown

Have you seen the prop like the jumblymamba where it has a hole with a bearing in the connector piece where the three rods meet, so they can spin independently of your wrists? I would find them, but I dont fancy wading through the thousands of results I'd get if I googled for "firespinners" (thats what they are called).

ubbrollsmile

(I hope your teeth are ok now btw smile )

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Meh....
this to me just smells of spam, every so often a thread pops up with this title or something similar.

The finished product looks a bit bent to me, and I didn't think much of his discription of how they are constructed.

Stainless mig welded with mild steel wire? this equals rusting joints leading to possible catastrophic failures mid-performance.

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Hey UCOF are these the badboys your on bout? i have been contimplating a pair

https://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/Fire_spinners.html

they look much fun anyway smile

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Kinda reminds me of those molecular models they used to give you in school...

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yeah, those are the ones. Good find! hug
I found they really hurt your fingers, and were spectacularly unimpressive/ impressively unspectacular. biggrin

If you throw them up and dont catch them, the spines bend much easier than staffs do as they are much thinner. You also cant change plane as easily, due to the gyroscopic effect of a spinning object wanting to stay in the same plane for stability.

ubbrollsmile

FelixwahSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
i watched the video and thought plane control could be a problem but im sure it could be made to look impressive.

with refernce to hurting your hands they dont show the handle on the picture so i could only guess how they were held.

Plus i dont have a spare 140 squidles lol apart from my hyperlight fund but that aint being touched lol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"they dont show the handle"

Thats because there isnt one biggrin
Its just that hole in the bearing that you put your finger through.

ubbrollsmile

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

ubbrollsmile

..And that's a goodly part of why they hurt your fingers. I played with these a while back and didn't get them for exactly the reasons ucof said - they hurt, they're not that impressive, plane changing is a bitch.. Plus they weigh far more than they need too, and yes, they're expensive. But they do at least look neater and more sturdy than these jumblybumblycobbeldyHeath-Robinsonyjunkass doodabs...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

21 posts

Posted:
yeah I remember..I'm also still jugglingfire ...the teeth arn't that much better I've had pain for a few months due to some botched dentistry..I think the design for the jumbly transformer is on the site and is clear enough

21 posts

Posted:
I'm one person living in the back of a truck trying to tell people what a good thing I've found..also I'm vegan so spam this isn't..and I'm giving the design details away.4 years on and none of the joints has broken if you've got the time make some tig welded ones they are best but i might still get run over by a bus ..watch out be aware change and revolution in the air.... cos they get covered in parafin/lampoil the joints don't rust

21 posts

Posted:
And I have come across the ones with a bearing in the middle ..cheating is one thing but the interesting thing about jumblymambas is that the weight of the ends of the legs exceededs the weight of the centre setting up centrafugal forces when you spin it that make it want to stick to your hand And plane control is not a problem if you stop thinking of them as a linear object..catch them in the middle which is a singularity
EDITED_BY: jumblymamba (1191932866)

21 posts

Posted:
if those spinners are as heavy as you say they could break your fingers if you throw them fast enough... for someone who has never been near a jumblymamba you have strong opinions about them they are guareenteed and they are loads cheaper....spam and eggs twice please

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ya

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
Just because the surface is covered with oil does not mean that corosion will not occur.

Stainless steel contains chromium, which loves to grab oxygen out of the air when heated, it then starts to corrode and loose strength. That is why you have to purge the interior of a stainless steel pipe when TIG welding it. Not purging and using bad MIG techniques leads to crappy welds, sorry man, thats just the way it is.

Also intragranular corrosion will occur within the weld when imcompatable metals are just MIG welded together.

Ps. anything that you spin on its axis will stay in place if it is correctly balanced, whether the outer regions are heavier or not.

21 posts

Posted:
Thank you for clearing up these details ,perhapes you would make some to your standards and play and sell ? them to me?? I have no objection..Meanwhile I'll get on with it the best way I can IN my experience some danger some catastrophe is just what the public like to see..as along as no damage is done the show must go on...So what i'm playing with is the inertia of the legs ..of course if there is extra weight on the end like a wick ..that weight will count more as it spins because of the inertia and momentum tit has as it spins in a plane if blocked it will transfer it motion to another plane....ALSO when you throw spin them fast and' perfectly' in plane the legs slipsteam eachother i think making it possible to throw them very high Also the wick takes alot of the impact and the wooden stick bends a little too...
EDITED_BY: jumblymamba (1191063758)

21 posts

Posted:
You got it plane control is the challenge ..by keeping the legs moving in the same plane I create patterns but really I am juggling three single points lke balls ..the legs are vectors indicting a larger sphere..like juggling beach balls..as has been pointed out by spinning them they tendto stay in plane ..spinning them faster and faster makes it easier to spot and catch the middles of course that's only important with the fire ones...throw them higher jumblymamba EDIT BUTTON..THANK YOU
EDITED_BY: jumblymamba (1190124767)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Sorry, im know im being really pedantic, but is there any chance you can click on "Edit" on the right of your posts, and condense your multiple posts to just one post please?
Its only me that finds it annoying, but its just a pet peeve ubblol

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

ubbrollsmile

One of the local guys here makes wheels with a handle. There is a pic of him using them at burning man for the HOP calender competition.

Non-Https Image Link

He doesnt throw them though so dont know if the tines bend. He also has more spokes and they fairly hum when he gives them a flick, very nice.
EDITED_BY: Gnor (1189958670)

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

squarefishSILVER Member
403 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jumblymamba

Thank you for clearing up these details, perhapes you would make some to your standards and play and sell them to me?? I have no objection.

No thanks I've got a nice firewheel to play with already, his name is Bob. biggrin