Forums > Help! > youtube free downloaders (help please)

Login/Join to Participate

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i did a search and couldn't find much, basicly i need some help on this. i'm making a video for a friend for his new tune and most of the downloaders i've used can only capture the first 15 second of any video.........not much help to me so my question is........

can anyone point me in the right direction?

he's not going to post the track up untill the video is done to go with it but i'll try my best to describe it.......

it's a psy based minimal techno orientated tune, it's dark and industrial with voice samples from what i think is a film called "game fear" although i've not seen this film (he told me it was one of two films"

any help would be wicked and also i will need help on how to compress the file

thank you please biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Get the veoh player... you can use it to download any embedded video, so its pretty useful...

https://www.veoh.com/

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

7,193 posts

Posted:
cheers FRD hug as i said most of the one's i've found are really poor and totally inept for what i need it for biggrin

i'll let you have a sneak peak at the vid when it's complete wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
had a try of this site and it's not quite what i'm after, it's still handy to have but i could do with some more help on this subject

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
use the "DownloadHelper" addon in firefox, it works fine with youtube and tons of other sites, also names things properly for you.

then Wimpy FLV Player will let you play them back (free).

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

7,193 posts

Posted:
i dont have firefox wink

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

i dont have firefox wink

This is where y ou're going wrong, silly. tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

this is the one I use

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
it's the mysapce videos i need help with... any takers?
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yeah.. videodownloader.net should do the trick. smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i also need to download jon's inbox... any taters?!

Non-Https Image Link

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
^^ ubblol

www.keepvid.com allows you to download, but you have to use their player to watch... enjoy

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
the new real player is quite nifty lets you dowload anthing you like from the net even flash stuff

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Maybe, but its still the Real player.. and Real really sucks ass.
frown

Same with Quicktime. WhyTF do they need to load a progam every time my computer starts, just so i can watch .mov's?

Its why I use VLC player.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
There's a firefox extension that downloads any embedded video from anywhere, can't rememeber the name it's on my computer at work and im not there right now, might be the one it already mentions. Ravehead, firefox is free so why not download it to get your video? Only thing is it saves the vid as .flv so you will then need a conversion program or an .flv player to watch it - Riva FLV player is a free one that works on windows...

...Ook! it's Ook! that i have at work, seems to work sufficiently well for my needs smile

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I was exactly like that about real player
I hated it for the same reason I refused to install QuickTime

But this new incarnation actually seems quite good.
I will have to give it time to give it a proper review but so far seems ok not to intrusive
Especially if you use windows defender to stop it running at start-up (I love that program)

LINK https://uk.real.com/player/

Go on give it a go you mite like it (te he old adverts)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

7,193 posts

Posted:
i've been using www.videopiggy.com as a downloader and i might invest in it so i can get more functions. as for realplayer..............................pants springs to mind wink

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
seriously givi it a rty its not that bad
Realplayer has a lot of work to do to change its image this new version may do it