Forums > Help! > needing help with fuels

Login/Join to Participate

hot shot girlBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
ok this stuff totally confuses me i've been spining without fire for about a year and a half now and i think i'm finaly ok enough with it to add fire i have a good set of wire poi that i got off the this sight but i can't seem to choose a fuel i kinda want something that burns strong but dosn't get to hot at the same time is that possible??? and can any one brack down the chemical mixtures for me??? also my mom is a scared of fire do you know what to say to reasure her that this is not a hobby that will make me burst into flame???

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
 Written by: hot shot girl

i can't seem to choose a fuel i kinda want something that burns strong but dosn't get to hot at the same time is that possible???

What do you mean by burn strong? the brightest flame i have gotten is from white gas. But that also seemed to be a much more intense heat. Kerosene on the other hand has a darker colors flame, more orange then yellow, and its less intense. Right now im using a mix of about 60% white gas 40% kero and im really liking it.

also my mom is a scared of fire do you know what to say to reasure her that this is not a hobby that will make me burst into flame???

With your poi you shoulda gotten a dvd called backyard spinner's guide to fire or something like that. Have her watch that and maybe talk to her about being your safety, depending on what you mean by shes afraid of fire.

here is the HoP guide to fuels:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/WhichFuel.php

make sure your ready for fire,

i think i'm finaly ok enough with it to add fire

sounds a little iffy to me dont do fire until you are confidant you arnt going to hit yourself.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!