GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Ive been recently been looking at the 'grooves' section of scales of poi. I think ive just finally worked out how to turn whilst keeping both poi on the same plane.

Its really annoying at first but now I can do butterfly keeping them both on the same plane and turning different ways.

I found it really hard to learn but just kept trying to turn whilst keeping the poi moving in the same direction on the same plane.

Anyone else been looking at or looked at 'carving grooves'

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
nope infact, still dont think ive done it frown

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
i found its best to just not try and understand :P heehee. just looked at that bit myself, it seems to work - im not going to hurt myself trying to work out how its working though biggrin

if i could be a busy busy bee...

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
ha ha yeh. Ive just been watching the grooves part yet again and did what nick said to do. I watched the poi as it was following the plane they were spinning and i was doing it right, but just a bit too fast to see and moving one of my hands to the other side of my body so it looks wrong. Although it actually is.

Seems a great skill to get these moves right as ive just uncovered a whole load of other stuff i can now work on.

Scale learned! (but a long was off mastered!)
...and im dizzy now aswell

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lizzybeth

i found its best to just not try and understand :P heehee.

I find that works for pretty much everything. When you try and think about what you're doing, that's when pain happens! ubblol

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky