GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
My green foxy socks ive had for over a year and a half are on their last legs. The fabric is fraying and there more holes appearing around the ones ive already stitched up. do like their non stretchyness though as i used 120gram weights for quite a while in them

Should I go for some DoMorePoi Uber Poi, as seen here

https://www.domorepoi.com/uber_poi.php

Or get some custom built cones from hyperloop.co.uk. Id be wanting long, non counter weight poi around 85grams with strong, non stretchy material (i hate stretchy and have got 2 pairs of white foxy socks here that i dont like)

Oh, and why is there nowhere that sells poi apart from crappy poi poi that fall to bits! (from leeds)

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
If you like non-stretchy sock poi, DMP uberpoi are genuinely very good. I love my set. wink

I don't know much about Hyperloop poi, except that I've heard some very good things about them. Plus, they make cookie monster poi... tongue

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks. Yeh ive heard a lot of good things about hyperloop cone poi aswell. I emailed gale a qhile ago and they were quite busy with festivals etc so i though i might try mailing her again soon. They are about the same price so dont know what to get really.

What are cookie monster poi?

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
you should wait and get some Hyperlights.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
yeh i though about that. Was going to ask about what material hyperlights come in.

Id be wanting some poi for travelling for a year so have to be sturdy and abe to withstand a fair bit of use

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. 'DMP Uber Poi are currently off sale, the supply of lights is no more for the moment, we bought them all!'

'If you want to get even more brightness and colours, you would probably like to play with Hyperlights, they are like the above but come with a sequencing program so the light changes depending on what move you are doing. Truly awesome poi.'

Doesnt say anything other than that about the hypers, but presumaby to have that on their product page they are going to sell them?

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Geeza

yeh i though about that. Was going to ask about what material hyperlights come in.

At the moment, all the Hyperlight poi are in Hyperloop cones. biggrin

Jon, is sourcing another supplier tho frown as i don't think i could cope with the demand from you lot!

Cookie Monster poi are a custom set of poi designed by LazyAngel and made by Hyperloop. There is a picture of them on the Hyperloop site.

Gayle.....!

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poje

you should wait and get some Hyperlights.

It's probably worth mentioning though, that Hyperlights are about 10 times the price... Still more than worth the money though! wink

Thems cookie monsters look pretty damn cool actually... If I had a little nephew or a niece, I'd probably buy them a set. biggrin

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Thanks all. Ive ordered some cones. I wonder if you buy just the hyperlight by itself and drop it into any poi you want?

Cant wait for my cones to arrive, they will be travelling with me around the world some time in the very near future smile

djtoxinsnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
lol after reading that youve already bought a set i was kinda sad cuz Im delving in to making and selling sets frown they wouldend be as fancy as the ones youd buy off a site but... no one would have the same set

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Ive heard very good things about cones made by Gayle from hyperloop.co.uk.

All hand made and to your own design so noone will have the same set

Cant wait for mine to arrive

smile