Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi & Staff workshops w/ Chris Bailey 8/16-18 St Louis

Login/Join to Participate

jameson_stl1BRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Do you live in the midwest US? Do you spin or are you or your friends interested in spinning Poi or Staff? Would you like to learn more from exceptionally skilled and experienced performers? Meet other poi and staff spinners, or just get some good advice on what you're doing right or wrong?

World renowned Poi Artist https://www.myspace.com/chrisrovo ">Chris (Rovo) Bailey(click to view his profile and videos) and crew will be passing through the midwest on their way to Conclave at Burning Man this month. They'll be staying with some of the Fire Technicians for a few days.. and we're organizing a few workshops while he's in town to assist with the cost of traveling across the country.. Main focus will be Friday August 17th, and Saturday the 18th. Here's the details:
(PM or call me for more info please, so we know how many to expect and where to host friday's workshop)

Thursday August 16th:
TBA (if there's people interested in stopin by)

Friday August 17th:
Time: 3pm-? (well past dark)
(based on location of the majority interested)
Workshops in:
Poi - concept, theory, and basic level tricks
Poi - intermediate and advanced
Staff - Basic and theory
Staff - Advanced and Contact
Staff - Doubles
Fire Safety

Cost: 10$(or whatever you can contribute) for hours of expertise
Free: Fun, practice sock poi for the first 10, fire hugs.

Then we'll be moving on to street perform with fire in downtown STL.

Saturday August 18th
Time 12 noon - sunset
Location: A park in St. Charles City, Durring "Party in the Park 6"
Workshops in:
Poi - concept, theory, and basic level tricks
Poi - intermediate and advanced
Staff - Basic and theory
Staff - Advanced and Contact
Staff - Doubles
Fire Safety

Cost: 10$(or whatever you can contribute) for hours of expertise
Free: Fun, practice sock poi for the first 10, fire hugs.

And again we'll be moving on to street perform in downtown St. Louis.
(PM or call me for more info please, so we know how many to expect and where to host friday's workshop)

j~

bestphellingnewbie
1 post

Posted:
I'm seriously thinking about getting into poi and would like to attend the workshop this weekend. I live in university city so just about anywhere in st. louis would work. Please email me the info when you decide on a place.

jacobvanderwalker@yahoo.com

PiliKokostranger
1 post

Posted:
I would love to attend the workshop on friday in st louis county. Is there any way i can get an e-mail telling me what park you have decided to use for this? angel.kalani.bone@hotmail.com, i can try to check on this website again at a later date to find out, i am prone to forgetfulness sometimes, but i have full intentions to show up at this workshop