Page:
jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
At last I have updated my website its got some work on the last big flower thing

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
cool thanks for sharing that with us, whats the eddress of your site?

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Wicked - I love your style - very kawaii (cute). I would love to show Kota (my sweetheart) your stuff. He does not have a website but I just posted a couple of his pics here

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
I feel silly now. should have realized that.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
slightly my fault , should have said but twas in a rush

kat those pics are really nice does he sell any of his stuff of is it just a hobbie

Yep doing an art foundation might be doing a degree in illustration next year

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Here's the link anyway

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Mima - Your pics would make fab illustrations - if I was a kid, I would go nutty over them! Well I'm a big kid going nutty over them .

Kota does not sell his pics. He was illustrated a couple of flyers for dance parties in the past but has not done any commercial work. He does not have the confidence to hustle and sell his stuff and is too lazy to think of a business plan. I think he is talented, but granted I am biased

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I think a few of us should group together some how to sell our work I know loads of people who would want to be a part of it.

I just have no idea how to go about it

Its really nice to get feedback so thanx again to everyone who replied

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I know a lot of the fashion students group together, combining their work to sell it in Camden / Portobello.

Same could be done with art work and could have prints of your illustrations and also printed on greeting cards, t-shirts, skirts and things to sell also, would look very very cool.

Have to get you and Kota together to talk about something like that and form an artist collective. Perhaps with a few people working together, you would be more inspired. Kota used to run a jewelerry stall in Camden so he would be able to tell you how to go about it. The collective artists together would contribute towards the rent of the stall and take turns to man it.

- W B Yeats

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Funny you should say that, last year I was considering doing a jewelery degree. It would be great to have a stall Definatly want to find out more about it now.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
A friend of ours Boji, has been running her own stall in Camden for a while and does quite well. Kota was running his for someone else.

Open a stall at Portobello, you can charge more, slightly more upmarket but correspondingly, the stall rental is higher. Camden, is cheaper to rent. Profits have been down there recently tho . When you consider the amount of time and money spent, profit margins are not necessarily that high, but by diversifying - selling 3 or more artists work, prints at say £20 a piece, orginals charge more depending on materials, size etc, then have the artists pool in their designs for t-shirt (about £20) greeting cards (£1.50 /£2) other merchandising etc. Could work quite well methinks. Hard part is finding printers, wholesalers which would also take a slice out of the profit margins. If someone had computer tech. to laser print onto t-shirts and greeting cards then that would cut initial costs.

Kota enjoyed working in Camden on the stall, would be fun indeed especially as you would be working to promote your own creations. Although not so nice in winter of course. Brrrr.

- W B Yeats

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
There are also artists that make a living selling via eBay.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Err how does that work then? Selling the paintings/drawings or the digital images?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
bump

just been updated

[ 26. May 2003, 06:40: Message edited by: jemmamimajemima (smallgirl) ]

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Spitalfields is also a good place to sell this kinda stuff. Expense for Sunday pitches, and I'm not sure if they still do cheaper rates for art students to sell their stuff.
As it's a lot of pink backgrounds you've already got a good market selling it to Pink Poi

edit: apparently Spitalfields is now a ripoff £80 for a sunday pitch! However this has caused Trumans Brewery on Brick Lane to start offering stall pitches for a bargin £25 on a sunday.

[ 30. May 2003, 07:57: Message edited by: Dom Blondie ]

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
oh and feel free to sign my guest book

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Wow, really like ur style... I do art n graphics mind u it has been mind numbing handing all tht work in.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I tried to start an art collective a few years ago. Kind of a hub for artists and designers to sell their wares and/or talents/time to the public. But everyone i discussed it with was kind lack lustre about it.

It would be cool to find some like minded souls to get together with to pitch some of my stuff to the world....

I'd still love to get a collective together as well.

My website is still not really happening by the way.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
What's that ringing sound?

Could it be the death knell of yet another thread killed by mr C@ntus and his suggestions?

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what website cantus? is it one tempest is making?

any one know where i can find a long wait to put in the end of my poi.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
heh heh yeah um all this selling art business is sounding quite tricky humpfff

yeah get a website going even if its crappy its better than no website. keep it as simple as you can, then it will actually work and communicate what you want to show. using auto thumb nail is tremendously useful, and plan your pages on paper first, use hyperlinks within text or add them to pictures.

ummmm......

if your feeling particularly ambitiouse you could add some nifty little html bits. Think I'll do that myself.

errr...

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
supdated a tad

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Heya, is anyone thinking about selling jewellery or is it just art? I make jewellery and sell a couple of pieces but don't have time/ outlet for much.

I was also thinking about doing a jewellery/ silversmithing course in a year or so... where were you looking at to do yours, jemmamimajemima?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
funky thanx

yeah i used to make a lot of my owm jewellery, i used to make tiny fimo beady things.

i didn't do jewellery in the end so i did a one year art foundation that i have just finished to figure out that i might be better off doing illustration

i was looking at guildhall to to jewellery and silversmithing, where i could have stayed at home, but its a bit pointless living at home if your going to do the social side of uni properly !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Myste - Queen of the Badgersmushroom! mushroom!
809 posts

Posted:
You're illustrations are lovely! I agree you could make some beautiful illustrated books! Look at how well Froud is doing - you could do the same. They could be children’s as well as adult books. I can't draw stick figure so I’m in complete awe of your work. It’s wonderful!

I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it – As you like it

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
where were you looking at doing ilustration? my friend has just finished his foundation and is going to east anglia for ilustration there (well is trying to get in now)

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
If I get a pass this year I can go to the Arts Institute at Bournmouth. Very scared about the whole living away from home thing but its got to be done

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
woo yeah update update !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
woopdewoop loads a new stuff

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
got soom new stuff on there, currently working on a poi looking animation type thingy

inspiration: my good friend tammy

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Page: