Forums > Meet Others > Neon Shaolin goes down.... under

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderous people of Oz...

As of 18th of September shall be making my way towards your part of the southern hemisphere for an 8month visit (and a long-needed break from the UK)

Main reason is to visit all you lovely people down there for major spinn-age and working for a living to keep me there as long as possible.

My main concrete plans are Melbourne Juggling Convention in er... Melbourne... and Common Ground in Adelaide. Otherwise it's pretty much a tumbleweed's life for me until May. I plan to visit at least Sydney and Brisbane (and that common tourist trap Alice Springs)

As far as I know I will be staying with Pineapple Pete from MJC till Common Ground.

If anyone has any other events I may be interested or if anyone can accommodate me whilst on my travels do let me know.

Hope to see you guys down there!

Peace Out xx

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Unless you lure him out with bait

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Nah, that wouldnt work either. He's clued up on bait you see.

confused

Petey's "crib" is awesome smile
Has he shown you the toaster yet? eek

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
what you guys up to saturday arvo? (which is in about 10 hours time!) playing in the park before I have to go to work?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Sorry missed it, was I at the Juggling Convention for the whole weekend! frown

The Convention was fantastic. A variety of talented peeps to be in the company of. The show was f*cking awesome! biggrin

Hmmmm depends on what bait you use to lure me out... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
;hug:hughughughugkissubblove

Hi sweetie, how's it going? Will miss you muchly at the next meet - tho' I won't be spinning for at least another month either frown

As we slide into winter over here, we're not only missing you but starting to get reeeally jealous of your sunshine and activities (we were always envious of the lovely people you're hooking up with)

Don't come back married wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Awww, there goes my one chance for hapiness... frown

Kupo!

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
speaking of which (ok, it's not really related at all, potentially)...

...when is brisbane to be afforded the pleasure (yes, dave... ALL of brisbane is to be afforded the pleasure) of the neon shaolin...?

and don't say woodford, cos I can't go... ok... at least, not *just* for woodford...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Still not sure yet.

I'm VERY tempted to come up to Brisbane to see you guys, stay until after Woodford then head back to Melbourne for Serpent Rainbow. (Tis a bit nippy over here!)

I bet you're laughing at that bit Elaine! angry My own fault! shrug hug Have a good winter. Poke Seye for his firepit! hug

Common Ground this weekend!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin (have just bought micro-lite tent and mattress)

Update: I've moved out of Petey's and in with 3 girls (One is Ezz, another is Bonnie, Bender's lovely girlfriend (read that bit again ubblol) and some Scotsgirl called Jess. It's a lovely house (albiet without net access!) Meet up with Chris Carlos occasion for a bit of staff-play ubblove Awaiting an audition for a busker's license - the last one was cancelled, argh-age.

Michael - you're a breeder! Enough with the tease! (Unless you wanna help a British guy get a green card biggrin)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Dave - Dont go getting too comfortable, we'll be coming over to drag your carcass out of there.

smile

Miss you! Come back soon-ish...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Why were you refused the first one?

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PhaiGOLD Member
113 posts

Posted:
Hey, hopefully I'll get to meet to you sometime soon! Have fun racing around Aus (I live here and I'm jealous) wink

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Uhh, yeah, umm - LOOK SHINY THING!!

*runs and hides in Singles thread*

Whoo Base!

Kupo!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I'm VERY tempted to come up to Brisbane to see you guys, stay until after Woodford then head back to Melbourne for Serpent Rainbow. (Tis a bit nippy over here!)

I bet you're laughing at that bit Elaine! angry My own fault! shrug hug Have a good winter. Poke Seye for his firepit! hug

I laughed more at the thought of you at Serpent Rainbow, bet you got a face like a kid in a sweetie store at that one tongue ubblol

But the tip for Seye's firepit is a good one *shambles off to fins Seye....*

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hope you're having fun dave hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
So were you coming to stay at mine for a bit? Even if it seems I can't offer a more permanent place to live?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
A house, with three girls?!?!? eek

I hope you realise just how many men you are making very jealous of you right now? biggrin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

A house, with three girls?!?!? eek

I hope you realise just how many men you are making very jealous of you right now? biggrin

I might have to start pretending I'm gay, just to get the same treatment...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Common Ground was fantastic, it was like a mini PLAY although I wish it went on as long as PLAY (extra day I think!!) or even BrJC! Whereas PLAy is on a relatively flat patch of farmland, CG take place in this mini valley providing ample windshielding from the VERY cold nights. Spent most of the festival spinning (duh!) as well as meeting all the lovely Aussies. Took part in the show doing ubergeeky doubles stuff with flowstaffs (shame it didn't show up very well on the video...angry) as well as a 'Contact Staff Smackdown' Much fun... Got drunk, stoned as fell asleep by the fire.

After CG spent a few days at Ben-Ja-Men's place with a few other stragglers from GC, Monday night was almost like a Pyjama party, with hippies, with tiramisu... Grace from Flamez has gotten me interested in Feiche (almost like contact staffing) must look it up. Tuesday, went to the beach with Jen (Sureau), Kyle and I cooked for everyone, including Ben's little stoner brother and his mates, watched movies, Wednesday went into town to buy bus ticket back to Melbourne, and watched movies. Thursday, erm... watched Robot Chicken, cooked for Ben & flatmate. Tomorrow Friday Twirling, can't wait. Strange - for a house containing 3/4 staffers we've done next to no spinning! Although I keep getting insect bites all over me, making it rather difficult (painful) to do contact. Argh.

Phai - Did I meet you at Common Ground? If so who were you? Hope you had as much fun as I did... Yes I'm having fun in Oz Right now...

Jarle - I'll rendevous with you back in the Singles thread. You can run, but you can't hide the sausage for too long... devil

WildChild - I'm already a kid in a candy store! So much food! I'm gonna come back fat, like I've been to America! But yeah, Serpent Rainbow = cool biggrin biggrin biggrin

Mynci - see my response to Phai hug Also have a banner made saying 'HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY' though make it out of reusable material then you can use it every year! biggrin

Rouge - I am currently umming and arghing about the possibility of living in Brisbane until January and then returning for Serpent Rainbow (i.e. when the weather is warmer!) But I wouldn't mind popping round and chilling out with you before I go!

UCOF - :nene:

LTC - do you need some help to be more convincing? wink

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hug it's Jen's birthday today and party tomorrow so we'll sink a few for you - and make rude jokes about how fat you're gonna be when we see you next biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:

Took part in the show...(shame it didn't show up very well on the video...angry)

That's cos you hung out right at the back of the performance area! Ya wanna show up on vids you got to go within cooee of the camera! (and preferably audience too wink)

Grace from Flamez has gotten me interested in Feiche (almost like contact staffing) must look it up.
Phai - Did I meet you at Common Ground?

Phai is a lovely young lady from Sydney.. she wasn't there, but she will be at Woodford... as will Gracee and a Feicha whizz called Dale who will be teaching classes in it... so you can get a weeks worth of training in there. Woohoo, I can just see you ninjaing the Feicha, baby!

Rouge ...living in Brisbane...then...Serpent Rainbow

Dave, welcome to Bris,and ahem, that be Rainbow Serpent! wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If I was right up close to the audience the planes would've looked off to the people at the sides! (they were probably off anyway!)

Rainbow/Serpent bleh... Wild Child said it in that order! Plus I remember a film about voodoo called 'The Serpent and the rainbow' from when I was a kid.

Feiche claeeses? I'M THERE!!!

Cheers Gabe! hug

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
What's Feiche? I'm so confused frown

Kupo!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Feicha.. sort of a trident, literally translated, flying fork. The moves can loosely be translated to a sort of contact staff manipulation, where there's more emphasis on rolling. It's actually a martial art though and I'd imagine there's a standard few 'textbook' moves to master. Looks real good.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
DAAAAVE! We miss you!

hehe <--- Smile for you being down under

How are things going?

Found any places I should add to my travel list yet? (or any jobs!) hug

I never realised you did graphic/arty designy stuff until sim told me at MJC. You learn something new everyday.

I'm feeling random tonight

*Goes away to cast more randomness upon the world*

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

DAAAAVE! We miss you!

Indeed we do frown

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Oh! a feiCHA. I've seen one of them in action, though not with fire. It was fun to watch!

Kupo!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ya we are not teaching it with fire. It's a very fast flowing style. Can be done with fire ... here's a vid with a bit in it

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
What is the hula hoop thing that he uses? that looks amazing!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ooops, yes FEICHA, sorry for the misspelling. That bodes well for the training... redface

Cheers Ry! (see you soon... wink )

Holly, Nat... I miss you guys too! frown Don't worry, I'll be back. hug

Holly, I'm more drawn to places for the people than the places themselves. But Woodford, Rainbow Serpent and the Adelaide fringe are on the to-do list for me. Apparently I had a missed opportunity for turning down a trip to the Grampians (a tropical paradise inbetween Melb and Adelaide). Common Ground? No-brainer really! It's almost like breathing and eating... biggrin

(Can't see that video on the computer I'm using... bah!')

Went to Friday Twirling in Adelaide on... well... Friday! By all accounts it was a disappointing turnout by normal standards but I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. Whether it be twirling by myself, teaching others, mutual groping and talking crap for the final hour...

Had a picnic with Brett and Lou on Sat, had to be cut short due to Lou's work commitments. Went out to Brett's house to meet his sickeningly lovely family + tourettes-afflicted pets.

On a down-note, the constant music swapping with people has buggered up my Creative Zen MP3 thingy and wiped everything angry I have everything backed up except for the stuff JUST Brett gave me... Oh well, another reason to visit Adelaide again... smile

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:

On a down-note, the constant music swapping with people has buggered up my Creative Zen MP3 thingy and wiped everything angry I have everything backed up except for the stuff JUST Brett gave me... Oh well, another reason to visit Adelaide again... smile

Yup, I've also got a creative zen, and that has happened to me several times as well. To say its annoying is a slight understatement. And thanks, you've just reminded me I really need to do another back up very soon...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page: ...