Forums > Meet Others > Neon Shaolin goes down.... under

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderous people of Oz...

As of 18th of September shall be making my way towards your part of the southern hemisphere for an 8month visit (and a long-needed break from the UK)

Main reason is to visit all you lovely people down there for major spinn-age and working for a living to keep me there as long as possible.

My main concrete plans are Melbourne Juggling Convention in er... Melbourne... and Common Ground in Adelaide. Otherwise it's pretty much a tumbleweed's life for me until May. I plan to visit at least Sydney and Brisbane (and that common tourist trap Alice Springs)

As far as I know I will be staying with Pineapple Pete from MJC till Common Ground.

If anyone has any other events I may be interested or if anyone can accommodate me whilst on my travels do let me know.

Hope to see you guys down there!

Peace Out xx

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Dave, you really should look into becoming a born again Aussie...it's not easy, but look at all the lovely people you've met...and you keep Pat motivated...you really did teach him alot with his spinning and I know he's very grateful.

On that note, you do have a talent for teaching...some people can do...others can teach...it's a very rare thing to have both in one person. You've got a gift, darlin'...keep at it!!!

It's a shame you won't be able to be there for our wedding...we're going to have fun fire spinny goodness afterwards and we want as many of our friends there, as possible, but we'll set some sh!t on fire and fling it around, just for you!!!

hugs

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Miss you! hughughug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bek - that's really nice of you to say so. Glad Pat's really making a go of the spinning and it'd be interesting to see what comes out of it this year. I've yet to find my direction but I'll decide that when I get back to England. Congratulations on the engagement too. hug

Elaine - Miss you too hug

************BLOG UPDATE************

After jumping on the train I managed to miss my stop by four stations due to my stop being mis-named (I was looking for 'Waterloo' whilst the station was actually called 'Hutt Central' (with 'Waterloo Interchange' in small letters underneath) had to go back on the other train. Got on the bus, in the wrong direction. Argh. Hopped on the other bus and JUST made the pick-up to the festival.

The festival was fantastic. Three days of juggling and spinning. Taught a few workshops (on official, many impromptu). Peformed in 3 Renegade acts (including one striptease and a blind contact staff routine) and was subsequently asked to perform in the Festival's public show, to a great reaction which has really boosted my confidence in performing in public. Met many new people as well as familiar faces. Definitely recommend it to anyone who comes to New Zealand.

After a good ferryride back and a night as a juggler's backpackers (jugglers rest) I spent a day with Point_Blank hitchhiking back to Queenstown. Well... after getting a lift to Christchurch (and spending another night at Malcolms) we managed to get all the way to Omarama and got stuck. It was 6.00pm and no one picked us up, and at 9pm (after much protesting from a very determined Point_Blank) we cut our losses and stopped at a caravan park. Next morning we managed to get a lift to Cromwell and was picked up by a Queenstown resident who took us all the way back to the hometown.

Spent a few days in Queenstown, cooked for Simon's parents one night. Went bungy-jumping. Three times (at three different locations). Was fantastic. biggrin

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIMON!!! hug spank hug spank hug

Must do it again sometime!

Currently in Dunedin meeting up with a group of university students/circus troupe whom I met at the NZJC to teach a small workshop and perform at the fringe.

Will be heading up to Auckland tomorrow for a week before heading off to Perth.

(Will be arriving in Perth at 16.30 on 10th April in time for Spun Out!)

Thanks to everyone for accommodating me! Looking forward to returning to Australia after spending a lovely few weeks in beautiful New Zealand.

Peace Out peace

hug hug hug hug hug hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Wooo..a week!!! Then Spunoutage!
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2
bounce2 bounce
bounce2

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Neon_Shaolin

Peformed in 3 Renegade acts (including one striptease and a blind contact staff routine)

ubblolubblol Can't wait for Play tongue wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Someone will be there to get you

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, someone?

Hope its some cute resident of Perth... ubblove

If not, Jed will do... wink

Tomorrow... tomorrow... I love you tomorrow is only a

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

biggrin biggrin biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Have a wonderful time Daave!! We are having a bye bye party for Shion tonight so it must be a moooooving vibe eh!
See you somewhere again i hope
xxx
Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
GO NEON!
biggrin

I hope you are living in Funky Town and grooving out bounce

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wont be cuteness..will be haggard havent done ahting for weeks due to WoW addiction.....

Is it the Truth?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
This one's for you Gnor... hug

Realised it's been over a month since my last blog. With a week to go I think it's time to Update...

10th April - PERTH

Arrived in Perth after a day's worth of flights (My carbon footprint's starting to look like a T-rex's frown ) Was picked up by Gnor and spent the night with her family and cute ickle dog!

Next day went over to Jed's (lovely house, I must rob/marry him) picked up two other travellers (including his lovely/lucky girlfriend) and headed off to SpunOut.

SpunOut is fantastic. Lovely weather, chilled out, family-orientated but very focused. Hana and Angus really know their stuff! Did some workshops and just jammed alot with Jed and Ben-Ja-Men... (even did a three-person contact staff passing routine! biggrin)

Hung out with Jed for the remainder of the week. Went to Tuesday spinning with the remenants of the SpunOut crowd. Jed took Ben and I kayaking. Ben fell in, I laughed lots... I got stuck, they laughed lots. Went fishing with Jed and Mike (his step-dad) on his boat, caught loads of herring.

Went down to Bunbury to visit Nat (Jed's lucky girl) went for an Indian. Next day went to Swim with Dolphins. Saw dolphins but swimming session was cancelled due to choppy weather (thank goodness, looked bloody freezing!) Went back up to Perth for a fireshow Jed and Nat were doing (they were Pros, I was safety). Next night had a bit of a Going-Away party! Despite deciding to stay for another week!

Moved into a hostel in the city centre to explore Perth a bit better. Had a wander around the city, went to Fremantle to investigate the markets. Went to Tuesday Spinning. Went to the Wildlife Park to see Wombats and assorted creatures! No Wombat holding though - it was Anzac Day - too many people. Hung with bats (haha!) and Kangaroos, Koalas, even Llamas! And Sheep and calfs, Remembered I was allergic to horses, got really ill. a day before my flight to Alice Springs.... stayed at Gnors again for tea.

26th April - ALICE SPRINGS

Gnor drove me to the airport. 3hr Flight to Alice Springs (with a flyover above Uluru) due to still being ill I was holed up in my (admittedly lovely and secluded) hostel for the night. Popping out only to get cold/flu/allergy remedy.

Spent a further two days wandering around the place - there wasn't much to do. And even if there was I still a bit under the weather (imagining seeing someone walking around constantly blowing their nose in the outback!)

To be continued...
EDITED_BY: Neon_Shaolin (1210214265)

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
DAVE! Come home already! we miss you!!!!!!!!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ooo, week to go?

Does that mean you're coming back?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dave
I see I need to work on my interface wink
Wombattage!!!!
spank hug2 hug2 grouphug
I was thinking just this morning that I miss Spumout and the travellers frown

Is it the Truth?

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Hey Dave!! Wow, you're so flattering! :P
And no, Jed is mine, and will always be mine. He may have the power to turn lesbians straight, but I'm not sure it works the other way. biggrin

Hope you are having an awesome time where ever you are, look forward to hearing more stories!!

Nat

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I still have the story of Alice Springs-to-Adelaide via Ayers Rock and an Adelaide Blog to tell!

When I have time...

Nat, I have to say Jed is a very lucky boy too... tongue

(Shame you young doctors don't have white coats... wink

Watch this space... hug hug

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Neon_Shaolin

Jed took Ben and I kayaking. Ben fell in, I laughed lots... I got stuck, they laughed lots.

i so didnt fall in Jed capsided me!!!

hope your enjoying your last days in oz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Jed Mike and Nat came over to play articulate with me. Nats is sooooo gorgeous. Jed doesnt know how lucky he is I reckon wink

Is it the Truth?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bubble hearth macro FTW biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Argh!

I get so behind with the Blogging that my oh-so interesting stories of Uluru and Adelaide will have to wait until after the Announcement that I have left Australia now and am now in Hong Kong International Airport in the middle of my 9hr wait for my Connecting Flight into England.

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH to all the Aussies who have made me feel so welcome and given me beds/couches to sleep on as well as being very accommodating at various gatherings and festivals. And for travel tips, reccommendations. Helped Lots. And take the fact that I still like I missed out on alot as a compliment! I will be back...

wave wave wave wave

Ta Ta for now... See you guys again real soon...

hug hug hug

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
BYEEEEE!!!!!! Come back anytime! hug You rock clap

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
:'( your travelling has ended?

The only reason I'd travel around Europe is to meet spinners.. maybe in one or two years we'll meet again smile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
bon voyage, dave... hug

and thanks for my latest obsession; I'm seeing antispin/isolations everywhere now; it's almost like a matrix thing, with sticks in place of the green, gravity-laden lettering...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
bye english dave! and thanks for coming back to hug before your homeage.
and thanks for my babies chris and dave, dave biggrin (my loverly new flowtoys) PROUD PARENT
xoxox

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
And it's so so so good to have him back biggrin sunny

Euonymous Europeus

Page: ...