Forums > Meet Others > Neon Shaolin goes down.... under

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello wonderous people of Oz...

As of 18th of September shall be making my way towards your part of the southern hemisphere for an 8month visit (and a long-needed break from the UK)

Main reason is to visit all you lovely people down there for major spinn-age and working for a living to keep me there as long as possible.

My main concrete plans are Melbourne Juggling Convention in er... Melbourne... and Common Ground in Adelaide. Otherwise it's pretty much a tumbleweed's life for me until May. I plan to visit at least Sydney and Brisbane (and that common tourist trap Alice Springs)

As far as I know I will be staying with Pineapple Pete from MJC till Common Ground.

If anyone has any other events I may be interested or if anyone can accommodate me whilst on my travels do let me know.

Hope to see you guys down there!

Peace Out xx

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
mmm...skippy....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
skippy bolognaise...mmm...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Mate come to Mardi Gras! It's gonna be aceface! Gimme a shout and let me know what you're up to!

"Take that, math!"

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Dave, you missed the meet yesterday, where we all decided that we really needed you to come back. There was no-one eek spinning staff. And no music.

And really there was no Dave. frown

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've yet to try kangaroo... Something on my to-do list! tongue I'm thinking a ginger and chilli marinade... tongue

Mac: I'll try and make it! Strangely enough I don't really know when the parade is! I went to Fair Day on Sunday - which was just a bunch of gays in the park! I got rather excited when the cute Italian guy from my Capoeira class showed up! Unfortunately he wasn't gay... frown

Holly! Nice to see I'm missed! hug
You guys don't need me to make a meet happen! Where ARE all the staffers??!!?! Plus it's winter! You can't really expect a HUGE turnout at this time of year! (P*ssies! Sort it aht!)

Be back soonish! hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmmm - and offer of being cooked for! Hard to turn down and offer like that! Unless it comes from members of my family.
Every. Five. Minutes.... angry

Yup I am indeed coming to SpunOut. Hopefully I'll be going to NZ before that and flying from NZ to Perth! smile I believe I've been roped into giving a few tutorials! Sounds fine! Good to meet you too mate - heard a bit about you!

Decent-sized bed a jump away from the ocean? biggrin biggrin biggrin Again - heard to turn down and offer like that! Is this before or after SpunOut? Speak soon mate!

Dave hug
xx

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
You cant get much closer to the sea unless you sleep on a boat..Jed even has his own jetty....just ask Ben. Ben came back to mine telling me all about this bloody jetty that I havent even seen yet. Jed keeps mistiming his parties damn him.
He also used to have a inflatable motorised lounge ubblol Plus as an added bonus Jed can actually get his head around tricksy spinny tricks.....then break them down and pass them on to the rest of us mere mortals.

Try factor in a Tuesday if you want to come to our normal meet and an extra Sunday if you want to come to my medieval thing.

Jed also has the slobbberingst dog ever. He drinks about 2L at a go and then drips it on you. He thinks he is an ickle puppy when he about 40 kg of muscle. Such a lovely well trained dog though. wink

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Only time I have been to yours is when I dropped Bov off. Ive missed every other partay.

Is it the Truth?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hmmm! Hard to turn down an offer like that!

Consider yourself burdened with a houseguest! Cheers dude! hug

I like puppies too! Especially marinated in ale and chilli... :hot:

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
biggrin
Now when do you arrive? Im closest to airport so can most likely swing by to get you. Will PM mobile later.

Is it the Truth?

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Holly! Nice to see I'm missed! hug
You guys don't need me to make a meet happen! Where ARE all the staffers??!!?!

broken down on the m6 ubblol

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
daaaaave you have to come back and visit us !!
because we love you hug

Non-Https Image Link

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Lovely Picture! I'll see you at Circus Soc.! hug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Okay

Provisional Itinerary :

9th March - MELBOURNE
Arrive back in Melbourne MAYBE for the Sunday Twirling Session (dependent on stuff happening in Sydney, if not, I spent FOUR MONTHS in Melbourne already tongue)

13th March - CHRISTCHURCH, NZ
Arrive in Christchurch to spend a week there visiting twirlers. If any of you guys can put up (with) a British Twirler

19th March - WELLINGTON
Arrive a day early for New Zealand Juggling Convention.

26th March - AUCKLAND
Again spend a week with any twirlers habiting there. (Ditto for Crash space. If not, Hostel-age is not unreasonable!)

8th April - PERTH
Arrive a few days prior to SPUNOUT. By all accounts Accomodation is sorted Courtesy of Mr Jed biggrin And Wombat Woman (and the Wombats smile )

All of the plans about have not yet been books so could change by a day or two either way. Flights will be finalised either tonight or tomorrow depending on response. Sorry for short notices!

Peace people! tongue

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
*unsolicited testimonial*
Dave is a Very Nice Person and I recommend him as a House Guest.
Have a great trip Dave and hope we see you again somewhere!
Cheers
G

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
House Guest with capital letters...hmmm...fondles beard

Wombattage indeed shall be sorted

I can pick you up from airport after 3ish if needed. Thats our spin night too! Hooray and nice timing.

Is it the Truth?

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
You're only spending a week in the south island?? that's not nearly long enough, especially if you're going to come down to queenstown, but at least I'll get to meet you at NZJC

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I know I know, I've been slack and broke so I'm budgeting, I could always come back in a year or two... But yes it would be great to meet you guys...

Gabe: Your cheque is in the mail... hug

Gnor: Leave my beard alone...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Your beard!!!????! Im sure I was fondling my own beard....in a thoughtful manner

Is it the Truth?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ouch

I've just checked my finances...

And so now, even with a credit Card, I'm starting to doubt the viability of this trip...

Which means I'll have to forego either Perth or NZ

Oh Crap... Especially with all the lovely people I had planned to see...

frown

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
hmmm........we would dearly loves you here. But NZ is another country. That talks funny but does have HOP.....

Jed has a jetty and we have wombattage.

Is it the Truth?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, I've attempted to transfer some cash via PayPal which will take 7 days to clear. That MAY give me a reprive... I'll see what happens then... it may mean I arrive later in NZ than planned.... Still gonna make the NZ JC though!

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
maw englishish dave! that means your now longer sydneying as i typespeak!
thankyou for being made of awesome
and thankyou for my new babies "chris and dave" (just to be confusing) i will take good care of them and not do throws aaaand practice study spin and then spin the other way lots! weavesmiley

WE LOVE YOU LIKE JELLYBEANS DAVE
youre radical!
hug

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
You lot better be looking after our dave, sounds like it for sure the busy beaver he is!

Its been too long mate! xXx

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
After staying up all night to catch a flight to Brisbane (wave @ Brisbanites) my flight leaves here at about....oh, five minutes ago. Or it would've done if it weren't so bloody CANCELLED!!!

mad mad mad

The Flight I'll eventually get on won't materialise until after 4pm. Leaving me stuck in the terminal for another 8 hours. This flight is free with Credit going towards other Virgin Blue flights. Should come in handy if I weren't so loathed to fly with them again! (One more trip and I'm sodding off to Jet*) It means one less day in NZ. And with the way I've been handling things, Every. Day. Counts.

Keyargh as you very well know after seeing me one last time AFTER that post that I hadn't left Sydney!@ I have now though! Thanks to all the Sydney people for making me feel welcome! I'll definitely come back soon

Jed I'll probably stay a week (or more if I'm welcome wink ) Dress up? Sounds kinky... You're on!

Millhouse Don't worry. I'll be back in time for the summer monsoon back in ol' blighty soon enough...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Much excitement there shall be for Dave now coming!!
Whoot. Im around the week after Spunout till maybe the Thursday. There is a rumour than Ben may be around for a few days as well. So wombattage will have to be soon after SpunOut. Coming Jed?
Awww Jedly...you are such a sweet talker.

Is it the Truth?

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Heyo Dave, if you do make it down to Queenstown there's a place for you to crash here, if not, looking forward to meeting you and everyone at NZJC

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Safe travels, Dave. Thanks for your counsel the last 24 hours hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
hey dave, seye's old housemate tyler is in NZ at the mo, ive given him the link for the NZJC so might be a chance youll see him there

hug

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Okay, my confirmed Plans is that I'll be arriving in Perth on the 6th April to take in some of the goodliness of Perth before Spun Out and will be staying until Jed tires of my sexual harassment of him...

tongue

Seriously mate that sounds wonderful! You really are going to town with the welcomes here! You guys I making me look at immigration protocols...

smile hug

***BLOG UPDATE***

Arrived in Christchurch after a cancelled flight (cue 9-hr wait at airport but Pacific Blue Refund/Credit) and a lost credit card.

Spent a week with Malcolm, Cherry & Jesse (and Conan the cat, Seven of Nine the cat was pretty much AWOL alot) in that time went to HOP (finally) went up the Christchurch Gondolier and went out to Mount Sunday (Better known as Edoras from Lord of the Rings) rounded off every night with a DVD from Malcolm's vast movie collection (knowing me, you can imagine me like this - smile smile smile smile smile )

Thank you VERY VERY much for everything Malcolm!!! hug hug hug 'Joi Geen'

Know in Wellington about to get on a train to go to the New Zealand Juggling Festival - can't wait...

See you soon Guys... hug hug :hug

Page: ...