DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
How do you get parts to make a bunch of black LED. Or who sells black LEDS?

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
To my knowlege they dont exist.....but my knowledge is very limited so ill go away now and wait for a real answer. They sound cool, just never heard of them.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
do you mean blacklight LED? they exist

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You can buy ultraviolet LEDs from led-lights.co.uk which will make any flourescent material you point them at glow brightly.

If you're talking about LEDs that look black until you turn them on, you could try painting some normal LEDs with some thin black acrylic paint.. ?

Cake or Death?

DJ AmanSILVER Member
34 posts

Posted:
Although those UV LEDs give me some ideas I actually mean LEDs that shine Black. I got a few ideas to use them for. I can't find any online so I think I need to build my own LEDs. But I don't know how to make LEDs. So how do you make that shade in an LED... or is that not a wise thing to do, making your own LEDs that is. I'm just curious about LED poi in the daytime. I'm also curious of making a LED poi with such a dark shade of black that you can see it in the night.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
You can't make LEDs that 'shine' black.. that's not physically possible! Black is the absence of light so there's no way it could work - your LEDs would have to be sucking all the light out of whatever medium was in front of it!

Making your LEDs from scratch would be very difficult indeed (even ones that are not in the realms of fiction).

I'll ask my question a second time: Do you just want an LED that looks black but shines light out when you turn it on? If so, you could just paint it lightly with some black paint. It won't be as bright as it would be without the paint though.

Sorry to poo poo your idea, but it's not physically possible frown

Cake or Death?

Invader XanSILVER Member
Your friendly neighbourhood mad scientist
479 posts

Posted:
Quantum singularity LEDs! You'd have to make them out of dark matter or something... tongue

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art."
--Konstantin Stanislavisky