Page:
jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I was having a pretty crap day today. I was walking to a local shopping centre for lunch, during which my mp3 decided to stop working. As I was leaving, I decided to save money by not taking the bus; it then started raining AND my umbrella blew away.

After I get home, my cd player doesn't work and after a short practise my poi decide to tangle. After I get really annoyed at them, and pretty much everything else, I feel a fuzzy object at my hand. Turns out it's my 7 year old golden retriever who's decided to come cheer me up.

After playing with her for a while, I'm feeling much better! So I'm wondering who else has an awesome pet?

Kupo!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
My old dog used to do that.

I'm come home after a rotten day at school and sook it all out to him. and he's just sit there looking so understandin and listening to every word i said ubblove

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
mine's so awesome, I have him as my avatar

He was supposed to be put down till I adopted him. He is a senior citizen with a wanderlust. He is trained but decides not to listen, just like an old man.

Whenever I get home, he is the first to greet me and then we play for ten minutes. He is a constant companion and protector.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
and a bear-rug, so i hear tongue

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
my cat is kinda the same, shes always next to me and plenty of fun smile loves chasing my contact balls and jumped on my diabolo string the other day while i was spinning practicing and bloody diabolo nearly went out the window! but yeah gotta love pets like that smile

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
i got a fat black lab named Lylee. She is the sweetest thing, alway listens and never complains....wish all women were like her.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
My cat used to be like that.. But we couldn't find him when we moved house. frown

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
he is even being a rug in the avatar
<---- seee

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Amanda13BRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
My cats are awesome. Bandit especially because he knows when I'm upset and makes sure to be around. Smokey would be except he's in your face even when you don't want him to be.

But that's nowhere near as cool as this cat at this nursing home that is kinda a harbinger of death (so the people running it can call the family and let them know the family member is going to die in a few hours so they can have that time).

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I've missed having a pet heaps when I moved out of home.

It's gotten to a worrying level because I used to talk to my boyfriend's fish ubblol
(then it died and his new fish is a big meanie and eats all the smaller fish so I talk to that fish but only to tell it how evil it is ubblol )

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Our guinea pig is hilarious. He lives in the lounge room under the couch most of the time. Otherwise sits on our shoulder or burrows into jumpers. Squeaks like a toy and eats (vegetarian) out of our hands. No emotional blackmail pet hair smelly food or stinky poos and I love a pet you can stick in a box when you go out. The big yellow fish is cool too.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I need to get a new pet, I want a great big dog I can have tug o'wars with.

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im going to give Gabe a dog for xmas. A big back smelly one to lick ehr lots wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Uchimember
29 posts

Posted:
I want a dog frown

Uchi

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Uchimember
29 posts

Posted:
I do love my snakes though biggrin

Uchi

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
One bad thing 'bout living out of a backpack.. no pets. frown

I'm used to having animals everywhere, I miss 'em. I always had fish at home, at least, last ones I had were mudskippers, cutest fish ever!

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

tiger_chicmember
101 posts

Posted:
I had my puppy dog of 18 months put to sleep today.
I'm sorry Ben but I couldn't watch you suffer anymore, Rest In Peace Pup

..."LOOK at me, HERE I am, lllllooove me"... Luigi "Cars: The Movie."

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
eek I'm so sorry to hear that!
I know it doesn't help much, but hug for you!

Kupo!

tiger_chicmember
101 posts

Posted:
thank u jarle

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
frown It's horrible when you have to make the choice to have a sick pet put to sleep. I've had to do it a couple of times and it's so damn hard. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

tiger_chicmember
101 posts

Posted:
He had been going down hill for about 10 days/2 weeks and he had just lost interest in everything.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
frown Well at least he isn't suffering any more. Sometimes the hardest choice is the right one. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'm with Skully there. When I was about 5 we had to get our previous dog put down, and it was hard on everyone. It's hard, but when you love someone you put them before your own wants. You definately made the right choice!

Kupo!

organic_poiSILVER Member
32 posts

Posted:
There has been studies on how petting a dog brings down blood pressure (and the same goes for the reverse, brings down dog's blood pressure as well).

I have 2 dogs, as well as a dove, guinea pig and a rabbit.

My one dog will howl and lick you if you pretend to cry and be emotional! She's so empathetic. smile

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I have a lovely little cat called Charlie. He is amazing, he follows me everywhere, he's by my side every morning when I wake up and he comes over to me whenever I call him. ubblove He is really sociable and quite 'dog-like' for a cat. He sits by the window and runs to the door if anyone is coming down our garden path. He adores me! It's lovely! Sometimes he has a funny five minutes and visciously attacks my boyfriend, but with me he's always all purrs and cuddles! biggrin

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
my ex had this all black cat that constantly meows when your not paying attention to her....man i love cats

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
At my uncles wedding, right at the part where they were doing their vows, a black cat jumped on the alter!

Kupo!

janatheGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
I am a total sucker for adopting pets. angel I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, all rescues! The last is a puppy someone dropped off at my fruit orchard, she is the cutest thing. ubblove It's great cus she is the size of a cat, but cool like a dog.
My first cat likes to walk down the block with us, it drives him nuts. When I went into labor with my first kid, he was following me and howling( he doesn't just meow, the reason he was at the shelter). Probably quite a site.
It is hard with four animals, the living room can get crazy at times, but I can't imagine life without them. They are great to me and to my girls! ubblove ubblove ubblove

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jarle

At my uncles wedding, right at the part where they were doing their vows, a black cat jumped on the alter!

That is incredibly eerie!

&#2384;

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
two amazing cats, tiggy and sooty *we are so creative with names! ubblol* they brighten my day biggrin sit with me when im lonely, and eat spiders! what more could a girl ask for???

if i could be a busy busy bee...

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jarle

Black cats are good luck *nods*

I have razor, who is an unashamed mutt, who is awesome and follows me around everywhere and who i love to hug. ubblove

Topaz was our family pet and passed away about a year ago, she was a fox-red labrador with the most beautiful temprement you could ever imagine.

She never barked, but one day when my mum, my sister and i were walking to school with her, a big german shepheard came out of a house barking and growling and generally being threatning, she barked at him, just once, and he only needed telling once cuz he ran away with his tail between his legs.

Another time, she attacked a snake that was close to the house, she was bitten four times and was very sick, but she came through.

We have no fences at our house, and during the day she would wonder freely but she'd never go too far.. she visited our next door neighbours and the people accross the road who all loved her, and consequently, she got so fat that we just stopped feeding her. she spent alot of time visiting the elderly lady, Bege who lives next door, especially in her last year, i think she knew Bege needed the company since her husband had died. Bege misses Topaz as much as i do... ubbcrying

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Page: