Forums > Social Chat > 100 people in the world

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://www.miniature-earth.com/me_english.htm

makes you think hey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
indeed it does ben, thanks hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
wow, that really opened my eyes, thankyou so much, i'm definatly going to appreciate my bed now!

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thanks for sharing Ben hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
wow, I had no idea.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
What a shocker
apparently I'm wealthy but you wouldn't know it if you looked at my pay packet.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

dirkjentlyBRONZE Member
22 posts

Posted:
I liked the music

that really doesn't take into account relative poverty and situational wealth.

While it can be depressing that alot of people are dying because rich countries have stolen their resources or manipulated themand refused to share things like that can exagerate certain aspects.

What if you live in a society that works on a bartering system or if you grow your own food and are completly self sufficient. Then you don't need any money at all.

To my mind i also find that alot of so called charaties are hegemonic and controlling, comminuties may seem impoverished and uneducated to us but is it right to destroy their culture by inforcing our lifestyles upon them just so that they live a bit longer? i'm not saying all charaties are like that but that seems to be the message they send in their ads, why do african children need to go to school and learn to read and write (most likely english) If for thousands of years they could be perfectly happy with the culture they had now we decide that thats not good enough and we need to upset them by showing them everythign they didn't know was possible making them unhappy because they don't have it.

I'm not completly against charaties, i just wish they'd focus on differnt things, like people in need closer to home. I live in Australia and there are aboriginal communities that have next to nothing and due to poor mangement and lack of resources are suffering under alcoholism, gambling and other addictions, abuse and lack of eduction and healthcare and yet they are no more than a couple of hours from the nearest state capital city.

I have almost never seen a charaty trying to rais money for them, all the chairaties i've seen want to send my money more than 12 hours away.

'The prerequisite of originality is the art of forgetting, at the proper moment, what we know.' 32

Uchimember
29 posts

Posted:
Seen that one before but in an email format. Very interesting indeed smile

Uchi

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity