Forums > Social Chat > Cops and fire poi story

Login/Join to Participate

AgentChesterDesmondGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Just a story I thought i would share that I'm sure most of you will get a kick out of.

So, last night I went with a friend to see Yonder Mountain String Band in Jim Thorpe, PA. After the show we went through a DUI checkpoint. My friend was driving but had stopped drinking about 4 hours before. I was pretty drunk and they could smell it in the car so they made us get out of the car and made my friend do sobriety tests, gave him a breathalyzer and finally a blood test because the 2 breathalyzers they gave him were inconclusive.

After sitting and waiting for a good two hours, it seemed we were finally going to get out of there. Then I noticed one of the cops at my friends car seeming like he was going to start searching it without consent. I know my rights and was not going to let him do that so I stood and watched him. He came over and asked why I was so concerned about what he was doing. I simply said I was making sure he didn't illegally search. So of course that raised his suspicion (we had nothing to hide) so he got consent from my friend (never consent to a search by the way).

I had my backpack with all of my fire equipment in it including a can of white gas, a paint can with my heads in it as well as a few glow balls from HOP and my Ogg poi. After he searches the car for a while he comes up to me and asks me if it was my bag. I said yes and he asked me what the "metal chargers, like for a bomb" were. I had no idea what he was talking about so he of course belittled me and said "it's your bag you should know what is in it". I told him that I know everything that is in the bag but I have no idea what you mean by bomb chargers. He then took me to the car and showed me what they were....it was a pack of 6 round batteries for the HOP LED poi. After laughing at him, he agreed that they were not for making a bomb. Then he proceeded to tell me that he and his boss were about to confiscate the car and my bag because they thought my fire equipment (fuel and paint can) were a mobile meth lab!!!! I explained what it was and he didn't believe me. I told him i was not a meth head, meth producer, and do not condone using meth. He then found my HOP business cards, that i give to people with my discount code on the back, and took it to his boss to explain.

They come back and tell me they want me to demonstrate what I do. I told them I had had pretty much to drink and I didn't think it was the safest thing to do so I just attatched the heads to the chains so they would realize it wasnt a meth lab, just a can and fuel for soaking the heads. Luckily, that appeased them and we came to the understanding that i was not running a meth lab out of my friends car and they let us go. He also asked me if i understood why a cop would be suspicious about it...I said I could see it in a way but said I thought there was a lot more ingredients in meth than Coleman's camping fuel. He laughed and then asked if he could keep the HOP business card so he could check it out. I said sure and told him to use the discount code on the back...hehehe....quite an eventful evening...thought you guys might enjoy.

EDITED_BY: AgentChesterDesmond (1185049756)

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i think the word is conductor....altho i dont know if it follows "meth" ubblol

And you might want to try some paragraphs too wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I've been stoped many a time coz the bag that I carry my equipment in, makes it look suspiciously like a rifle.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
...whereas i've been walking along the street with a shiney metal practice staff on my shoulder and have the police pull up next to me at the traffic lights, then drive off when they change. police can be so random at times, i think they just get bored on night shifts...

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
Had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago, returning from a new years eve fire gig, I was stopped and searched, two large amunition cases full of fire props and number of fire staffs, various fuels, and a pyrotechnics firing board with leftover charges. Dispite having relevant insurace details, show manifest and risk assessment, I was 'invited' back to the station for a 'demonstration'

mark

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was paranoid during the commonwealth games...smelling like fuel on public transport when theres an international event on will do that to a person! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...