Forums > Videos > Matts Marvelously Sphercular Videos

Login/Join to Participate

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
How exciting, it's that time again.

It's been a while but i've finally found time to upload a new stack of videos from my marvelous archive.

First Up is the wonderful Drew playing with his many balls:

Drew Batchelor : Blink of an I

This is one of the tracks from the dvd, featuring an awesome track by Bad Science.

Next up we have the first 25 videos from my uberOz footage. Lots of wicked badass fire spinners doing what we do best. Partying and spinning fire wink

uberOz 2006

There's plenty more where that came from and i'll be uploading it in sections over the next week or two, so watch this space.

And finally we have 6 videos from uberPoi. Ronan, Olive, Rob Bluecat, Molly and NYC playing with fire poi, fire staff and fire hoops. Great stuff.

uberPoi 2005

You can also see some of these over on my youtube account

The Sphercular Video Outpost

Back by popular demand:

Moments Of Truth

This i areally old video I made with me and Phire Kat to a track called 'Divine Moments of Truth' by Shpongle. It's the first video I ever edited, but it's pretty cool.

I've just updated these videos, I originally used a very good quality, but quite rare codec to make these vids. Now they are mov's and should be viewable by far more people.

DVD Freestyle Vids

It's a set of 9 videos I made when i first got the music for the dvd. To decide which tunes I wanted to use I put the cd on and had a spin. Lots of freestyle inspiration in here.

I have finally processed all the footage I have from common ground festival 2006 and stuck it up in the gallery. It's raw footage, not the greatest quality, but the fire show is excellent. There's tons of poi, staff, rope dart, adagio, and so on.

Common Ground 2006 Fire Show

Enjoy my lovelys,

m

EDITED_BY: TheWibbler (1185339133)

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
biggrin thanks Matt

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
one thing, mark douglass seems to have become sluke YT on luke YT's vid. Didn't kn ow that luke had grown so much and could juggle fire clubs... on youtube at least...

apart from that: wooo roll on lunchtime, for watchy ness! biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
No worries Drew, sorry it took so long to get it up there, you know how it is.

It always amazes me how much video i can get sorted and online when i have just 1 free day.

Back to the grind this week tho i'm afraid. But I should be able to get more of the uberOz footage online.

Gotta sort my portfolio out again. There's lots of content but it's just not quite bling enough to get a good web job. Touch of ajax and xml should do the trick.

Hey thanks meg, all sorted now i think. Funny how that video of amanda gets all the hits. That girl can spin.

m

ZeroGSILVER Member
Friendly Fire Fiddler
103 posts

Posted:
thanks matt ...

btw is your marvellously edited "oldie goldie" poi video online somewehere ?

You know the one with the golden split-screen shot melting together, you had it as sphism flash intro bout a year ago when the site was down for relaunch ...

Cant find it in the spherculism archive and its one of the best poi films I've seen so far, would be great if you could put it on again ...

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey Gomorrha,

Yeah that's a good point, i'm not exactly sure where that movie is at the moment. I'll dig it out for you, stick it in the new gallery and put a link up here when I'm done.

It's called 'Moments of Truth' with me and Phire Kat and it's the first video i ever edited. It's funny, I bumped into Phire Kat in Melbourne a year or so ago and discovered we share the same birthday, 19th Feb. Really ties that whole film together I though.

m

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Ok Gomorrah, i've added a link in the first post to the MoT video, enjoy.

m

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
I've also updated the old DVD freestyle vids that lots of people were having trouble viewing. Check the first post.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
iv been hoping you were gonna pop these back up smile loved those vids smile thanks mate

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
COol, glad you like them. I dig those dvd freestyle vids. It was a really great way to pick music that would make good vids and it helped me edit the right footage to each song.

Also it's all the kind of stuff you can't really teach. I think the best way to learn is to just watch people spinning and ask them questions.

I tried to restrict my spinning in those vids. 1 is mainly weaves, 1 tangles, 1 wibbles, 1 with lots of turning, and so on.

It would help me out if anyone watches them all just to remind me whats mainly in each one so i can update the video details.

More videos later today,

m

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
I've added some more uberOz videos, 25 up there now.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

COol, glad you like them. I dig those dvd freestyle vids. It was a really great way to pick music that would make good vids and it helped me edit the right footage to each song.

Also it's all the kind of stuff you can't really teach. I think the best way to learn is to just watch people spinning and ask them questions.

I tried to restrict my spinning in those vids. 1 is mainly weaves, 1 tangles, 1 wibbles, 1 with lots of turning, and so on.

It would help me out if anyone watches them all just to remind me whats mainly in each one so i can update the video details.

More videos later today,

m

those vid details are on the forum on spherc aitn they? fairly sure that it broke them down into styles... *goes to look*

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Thanks splinterific I'd forgotten about that thread on sphism. I've updated the descriptions in the gallery. If you want to see the original thread about the freestyle vids you'll find it here.

Last night I set my laptop chomping through all the footage I have from the commonground festival fire show. So that will all be online soon. It's raw footage but I figure it's better off being on the server than just on my laptop.

Should be up by the end of the day,

matt

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Common ground footage is up online, about 20 vids i think. Very very nice fire show.

m

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
nice videos matt... first time id ever seen myself do some of that stuff smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Wicked, I just watched your show again and i really like it, very cool stuff and fit in nicely with all the fire stuff.

m

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
cool! thanks for puttin' up the CG fireshow!
missed it last year... frown

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Yeah Bender, shame you missed it, it was filmed on your tripod.

It was a really great show. I like the opening a lot, the variety of the shows was great and the end where there's a million spinners is excellent to watch.

Just been trying to figure out what else i can upload, I have a lot of videos of Will (hexagonic) juggling. Could put some of them up.

Any requests?

m

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Beautiful. Very enjoyable to see your productions and your poi, Matt.

Really awesome stuff, a delight to behold.

Makes lots of little smiles fizz up inside me like bubbles.

Powerful.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey Todd, I was just thinking about you the other day.

I'm living back in christchurch again permanently, got a flat right in town and it's all good.

I'm not planning to be on the north island any time soon but if you're around here make sure you get in touch.

Glad you like the videos,

m

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
Like them?

They are everything I look for in a video. smile ubbrollsmile smile

I'll be summering in the South Island, Christchurch is a done deal.

See you soon.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
matt can you put online some of the stuff from December with me and Christian passing at the uni?

hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I'd like to see that too please!
juggle

(from a Ucof missing Aus frown )

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey will,

yeah i'll try to sort that footage out. I've just ditched windows in favour of Ubuntu, so i've got to figure out a lot of batch video editing things again.

Be nice to look thru that footage again tho.

m

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
thanks for the CG vid Matt! smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh no worries mate, sorry it took so long.

I started editing a thing together but it takes so long to make a nice edited piece.

I figured i may as well just upload the lot in 1 go, takes no time to do really. I'll see kyle in a week or so and i'll see if he still has the matching footage from the other angle, maybe we'll get that up there too.

Hey Ucof, sorry you're missin aus, it was great when you came over last year. It's been so cold in christchurch, but we went snowboarding twice in the last 10 days which totally makes up for it.

m