solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Going to check this out tonight for the first time, as Spitz is temporarily off.

Their website (with maps, etc.) is here.

It may stop, but it never ends.

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Just to add that two of us had a very pleasant couple of hours at this club last night - thanks to Martin and everybody for making us feel so welcome smile

The club has been running a long time: at least twenty years and probably even longer (the actual origins having become lost in the mists of time), making it one of the oldest juggling clubs in the UK. They don't publicise themselves widely, as space is fairly limited (medium sized church hall). There were about 15 or so people at the club, not all practicing at once. I reckon you could probably fit about 15-20 people on the floor before it felt crowded. There's a small patch of grass outside the hall, with enough space for a couple of people to spin fire at the same time.

The venue is easily reachable by train, tram or bus, followed a short walk. If you drive there, be warned that the parking meters in Croydon run until midnight and that the one way system is a nightmare if you don't know the area. There is some free parking available at the venue and the church next door, but again this is very limited and by no means guaranteed.

All in all, a very worthwhile visit and I'll definitely be going again while Spitz is out of action weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: solar_bear (1184757409)

It may stop, but it never ends.

Pen DravenUnofficial Lord Of Confusion And Pirate Extrodinaire
1,363 posts

Posted:
blooming hell lol,, lived near there most of my life and never knew it existed hehe

Some men see things and say why....

I Dream of things that never were and say Why Not....?

Oh No I'm going to get Shot Alive if he finds out - DA wink

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I don't like this thread.. I keep looking at it and thinking "Yay, it's right where I live!" Then I realise it's not my Croydon. You guys feeling like moving to the wonderful land of Oz for a week?!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
He he

I went to Croydon Juggling club when i was in Croydon...not very often as clashes with Spitz.

Whenever i see this thread i keep thinking, "wow someone in my area" then remember i haven't lived in Croydon area for about 3 years.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...