Page:
GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
or is it just me?
When i fist joined every one was like a family, lots of support, views imputted but i can never remember it being so stressed. I used to enjoy the thought of coming on line, seeing what has been posted and joining in. It seems that nearly every thread has far too much grrr than needed. people show different views and others get offended and things just start getting nasty.
Maybe it is just me and when i joined was blinded by the newness of it all but in all honesty i miss the 'old' HOP and all of the people i considdered friends. frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
lol, I remember feeling the same way on another forum (for another hobby) after I had been there for a while.

Dont get me wrong: its totally possible. But I do think there will always be an air of nostalgia for the way things were when you first start any new thing and its all fresh and exciting.

But hey, if you are not feeling the love, here's a grand big mental hug with lots of yummy aura, just for you! ubblove hug grouphug

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Froggy, hug

sorry you're not feeling the hop love lately! hug ubblove

IMHO, I am feeling the hop community spirit more than ever. I feel that in these recent dark times, we've shared a part of ourselves and have united as one fantastic community.

I am really grateful to be part of this community and to have all you wonderful people in my life, and to call you my friends.

Also, I think that you get out of it what you put in. Reap what you sow, so to speak. hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
redface

Sorry biggrin wink

Oh look, another "has Hop changed" thread! ubblol How many does that make now Malcolm? 5?

Now, re. this thread, yes it has changed. HoP continually changes as new people come to it, and old people leave it.

Theres still a few people on here that were members before when I joined up, most have left, some lurk, but yes Hop does change.

Nothing stays the same and nothing will last forever. Face it, one day, the entire universe will never exist.

Oh dear, I seem to have deviated from the original topic.

But like Jo says, "n these recent dark times, we've shared a part of ourselves and have united as one fantastic community." - For example take Clare's "My mum and Cancer" thread. Look at the love thats been running in there throught its evolution! Thats the very heart, soul and essence of Hop.

Unless you mean has Hop changed in that there now more choice in the shop, the website looks different, the forums are different, and there are new colours, but I assume you didnt mean it that way wink

Sometimes, peoples grrrrrrry replies may be because they themselves have had a rubbish day, and need to vent their temper, or maybe, they just didnt know how grrrrrrry what they wrote is read as. Or maybe you're just mental like everyone else and its all one mental mess of mentalness?

But just to reassure you, and put things in perspective, here is how the world is changing:

Kinda makes all this insignificant doesnt it? frown

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Its a very dynamic (buzzword of the week) community. not only that, it spans the whole world, so I guess its bound to change from time to time.

I guess, not only that, people's lives and circumstances change too, so maybe they can't be around here as much, or they're here more often.

I do think though, that the spirit of the site has remained much the same for quite some time, despite lots of different people around.

smile

ubblove

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It changes alot. In the course of 10 years I'd be worried if it didn't.

It's grown from a *really* tight knit group of about 30 (or less) people who were primarily professionals, the vast majority of whom don't even spin anymore and aren't on here, to now...with thousands.

With that is a strong social dynamic swing with personalities, situations and more playing into the mix. It's crazy. Many "old skool" HoPpers have been feeling the same as you for some time now. I see it on other "unofficial hop" blogs and such. *shrug*

But each incarnation has it's plusses and minusses, and when you think it is on a down swing someone will pop up and say something that will make you smile and feel like home again.

hug
No matter what you'll always be our gothiest froggy...never fear! wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hug Froggy hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
"Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine" wink

"shift happens"...

I dis-agree, there is some mad2 and a lot of shrug not to forget ubblol too... peace and ubbidea ubbangel and devil

But this one is for you: hug

It has changed and changed again and will change - but HoPe dies last wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hug for froggy and I don't know how it's changed before I was a member but HoP has a very fluid dynamic of people the people change (to different people) and the individual people change within themselves the large number of people nowadays means you will have a couple who don't get on but HoP is large enough to accomodate many points of view IMO

ubblove to all

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I blame Meg.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

change is good - dont be afraid of it....... just be afraid of Meg smile

everything evolves one way or another cool

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys for your imput, there have just been certain things over the past couple of years that were making me think about other things so though i would ask biggrin
i do love you guys ubbrollsmile ubblove hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

I blame Meg.

[ ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ]

I blame you being gay with strugz and mech all the time. (Hey kids, it's not called 'play' festival for nothing! wink )

Hopefully somebody will ban me soon, and all the grass will go back to being green again. eek cool

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

....)

Hopefully somebody will ban me soon, and all the grass will go back to being green again. eek cool

ubblol i think your in here for life hug

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

....)

ubblol i think your in here for life hug

Sh!t.

Tell me it isn't so?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

Written by: Durbs

I blame Meg.

[ ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ]

I blame you being gay with strugz and mech all the time. (Hey kids, it's not called 'play' festival for nothing! wink )

OIH!

im not gay with durbs, he is to thin, and he body pop's.

now strugz on the other hand *phew* lets be honest, you wouldnt kick him out of bed

*grrr tiger*

wink

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek

ubblol

im not sure if i should take that as a compliment or not - seeing as its come from you tongue

*shudders*

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

eek eek eek

ubblol

im not sure if i should take that as a compliment or not - seeing as its come from you tongue

*shudders*

biggrin

dude, im a giver not a taker, but you you, ill a taker wink

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i dont want to shatter you obvious fantasy dude.......... but your really not my type - for a start, your a bloke.........

dam all this weird ass gayness..........

HOP hasnt changed at all!!

ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

i dont want to shatter you obvious fantasy dude.......... but your really not my type - for a start, your a bloke.........

HOP hasnt changed at all!!

ubblol

ubblol

Step (el-nombrie)

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:

Does being gay make your ass weird then?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
hughughughughughughughughughug

Mhm, hope may be changing, but as long as we are who we are, everything will be more than fine.

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Thank god,
I'd be rubbish at being anyone else.
Im rubbish at being me for a start.

eek

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
ubblol!!!!!!

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
I'm here now.
So all is for the better. tongue wink

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

to be honest dude i dont know......... but with a name like pink nigel, maybe you can tell me? wink

ubbangel

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Written by: PinkNigel

to be honest dude i dont know......... but with a name like pink nigel, maybe you can tell me? wink

Strugz really, what have you been doing with pinknigel for him to know what's weird about your ass? Here I was thinking you were a giver, not a taker, clearly I underestimated how gay you were... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Strugz needs a boyfriend...Stat!!!

Its the hat. You cant be heterosexual with a hat like that.

biggrin

But Mech and Strugz... *shudder*
Terrifying.
Is that why vans ended up in pubs? Cos one was giving?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:

Strugz really, what have you been doing with pinknigel for him to know what's weird about your ass? Here I was thinking you were a giver, not a taker, clearly I underestimated how gay you were... biggrin

I categorically deny all knowledge of what Strugz may or may not have done either to or with me.

My dear boy, it's very dangerous to go making assumptions, just because I'm PinkNigel, and also own a t-shirt like this, it doesn't make me anywhichway...

Besides, by who's definition are we measuring the weirdness of asses?

Anyway, back on topic, I feel a need to say:
Gothfrogette - If I have been the cause of anything which has caused you to wonder about the all-round niceness of HoP, then I apologise unreservedly, for it was entirely unintentional, and you may spank me for it at play.

(And there we go, straight back to the weird ass stuff... Remember kids, it's only kinky til you've tried it... smile )

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Nigel!! eek
Somehow I knew that "Pinknigel" was who I thought it was in my head smile
Now its confirmed!
wave

I'll say hello when I see you next. Ive seen you all over anyway wink

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ooh good - a bit of smut wink biggrin

wavehello hug to Froggie cos we don't 'see' each other as much as we did a couple of years ago (proving the point!)

I wasn't around much last year and it felt odd dipping my toes in again over recent weeks, but I'm so glad I've persevered and I'm really glad HoP HASN'T changed much - just got much more biggerer.

I understand what you mean about certain situations that arise - a couple of things have come up recently that made me wince because I think they're unnecessary and, to be honest, playground bitchin' . But then again I know that those same people would be there at the drop of a hat if any HoPper was in need so it's all good in the end. And *up 'n' 'fess time* I'm just as guilty at times frown

We're all individuals - HoPpers maybe more than most communities - we're united by our differences and thank the *insert appropriate diety/world spirit* for that.

See ya at Play for huge hugness and silly chats kiss

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Page: