• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Videos > A Firespinning Performance

Login/Join to Participate

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:On the 9th june (which happens to be the day after my birthday!), I did a little performance at a fate in my village. I only got a days notice, so no time to plan a routine. I had a 15 minute slot to fill up between a few events. I decieded to start small and build up. So is started with unlit firestaff, then I moved on to unlit nunchucks. Then I did lit firestaff, then lit chucks. It turned out pretty well, because I got some comments back, and people said they liked it without fire, and then when I lit them up, they we amazed!

The video isn't very good quality. As all you firespinners know, fire on equipment is hard to see at the best of times, but when it's the hottest day for a year, at midday, on a dodgy camera, it's almost impossible to see. Still, imagine you can see it most of the time. I only got the end of the nunchucks, but I got the whole staff routine. Here are the videos:

Staff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TCp0ILhEaA

EDITED_BY: Rellizate (1184165205)

Classically British
Total posts: 5687
Posted:Cool beans smile

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more movement (or poncing) - especially with the 'chucks. You can get away with a lot of faux-ninja (or even real martial arts) movement with chucks which adds a lot to the overall performance.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 5814
Posted:Posing is obligatory. wink Costume is also fun.
Well done.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:Yeah, I always light up ready to do that kinda stuff, but kinda forget to when i'm actually spinning... biggrin

Total posts: 205
Posted:yes Costume !!! nice smile