FluffyZealotnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, I'm relatively new here and have seen the moves I know with different names, so I was wondering if anyone has a few moments to clarify some of the moves I describe, and tell me what the commonly used term is for these.

As i was taught years ago, the initial move I learnt was dubbed 'the chase' this is where the poi follow the same path but in a split timing, your hands tend to only cross on one side of your body.

The next one we have a very descriptive name for, we call it 'circles' :P This is different to the chase in that your hands tend to 'circle' or rotate the bottom to top on both sides of your body. I think this one is what is called the weave, but not 100% smile

Hmm, what else.. Butterfly is, well Butterfly :P Kinda distinctive..

Is there a term for the 'bouncing' of the butterfly over your head? I've heard it called 'hummingbird' but I'm sure there's another term floating around. I just realised how hard it is to describe some moves :P
Basically on the down stroke of your butterfly, you 'bounce' it up and raising your hand over and behind your head, you 'bounce' it there and then you can do whatever. :P
Hope that makes sense.

One last move, which I'm happy to be able to achieve, this one I just played with until I got it, although I must say it is kinda cool in full swing.
Basically each arm is doing a simple combo, low turn, high turn. Now, change the direction of one and split the timing :P
I don't know if there's a name for that yet smile

Thanks peoplez,
Fluffy.

“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -St Francis of Assisi

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Have a look in the free lessons section, and then you can see the moves performed on video, complete with the name in the title.

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
1: 2 beat weave

2: 3 beat weave

4: butterfly wink

5: behind the head butterfly

6: split time reels (its a lovely feeling trick, try turning it)

hope that helps

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FluffyZealotnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Whoa thanks guys, that was quick :P

Nx, what do you mean by turning it? on the horizontal plane?

“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -St Francis of Assisi

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
turning your body 180 with each cycle of the move., backwards to forwards and back again.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FluffyZealotnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
...now I have to think how that's possible :P

Love a good brain teaser :P

FluffyZealotnewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Ah, I think I worked it out...

Is a reel a simple low turn, high turn combo?

If that's what you mean, tried the turning, loving it :P *adds another to the repertoire*

The one I've been doing is a reel with one going forward, one backwards, split.

Unless I missed something smile