UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
it just feels strange...leaving somewhere you have been forced to go to for the past 14 years...
it all was so safe and secure, everything was done for you, you knew where you were going and what you had to do, and you never realised it and took it for granted.

the best years of your life, which at the time you think is a load of crap, they were tho,

so many friends,
so many laughs,
so many memories.

and then your time is up..you have to leave and face the real world, the stress of univeristy and whether or not you will get in, what happens if it all goes tits up?

then you have to get a job, find a house, make new friends, have a social life, get married and have kids if you want, just get a wife first.

the future seems so uncertain, you dont know what you want to do or where to go, will you get there, how will you be when you reach it? what do you do if you get it and you wake up one day and think to yourself "im not enjoying it, was it the right choice?"

what do you do then?

and everyone says dont worry about it! you will be fine...but no matter how many times they say it or how they say it, you still dont belive them.

you start wondering how your life would be if something happened differently or never happened at all, all the mistakes or uncertain rushed descisions run through your mind.

sorry guys...just had to put down what im thinking at the moment.

feeling really wierd.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the real world darling.. I still don't know what I'm doing.. I left school nearly 10 years ago.. meeeepp!! Help.. was it that long ago? What have I been doing all these years??

It's true tho darling - don't worry about it.. it will be fine.. you got people who love and care for you.. just enjoy it.

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Jon,

Go with the flow. Things happen for a reason.
University is great, it's not the bee all and end all of everything.

Thing is at the moment school feels "safe" and the thought of University feels "weird".

But then you'll finish uni and have to work for a living and believe me that's a really crap feeling so just enjoy what you're doing between now and then!

Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll make a great go off it.

Good luck for the next few months!

See you real soon

MWAH

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
oh, how sweet. little boy growing up!
know how u feel mate, we all went through that at some stage (apart from those little monsters who aint got there yet!)
an age is past. Don't be sad about it, be glad it happened and look brightly unto the future!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Life is like a box of chocloates...yadda yadda yadda.
Congrats on finishing! Don't stess tho', there's plenty of time for that when later.
Just thinks of Uni as a big play ground, well apart from the bits where you have to work obviously. And if Uni's not for you, well then I suppose you've got the Uni of life, which is equally rewarding. Just one tip tho, don't blow over a monkey on # in the first 3 months. And I'm not being rude, just exercising my rather limited cockney slang.

Now the first step which you should take.... cheers

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Jon,

It is a tough mindset to get out of. I still catch myself thinking about going back to school next semester, and it has been 7 years now.

Take with you the people and experiences you want to take, leave behind the people and experiences that hurt you or that held you back. It doesn't have to be a clean slate, but you have the opportunity to remove those bits that don't work anymore.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Myste - Queen of the Badgersmushroom! mushroom!
809 posts

Posted:
Hey Jon (that's what the others are calling you so just following suit - we haven't met yet )

I know exactly how you feel sweety. I was so scared of leaving school (even though i didn't much like it). I then went to switzerland to meet a hord of relatives i didn't remember from my childhood there. That was real scary too but turned out to be an amazing stay. Then moving to live on campus at uni was terrifying and now i'm about to have to face the real world and get a job and well.... aaahhhhh! But you know what, every stage was great and i met so many great people!

Maybe we both need to try and look at it a bit differently and see the fun awaiting us!!

I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it – As you like it

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
hehe I'm grading from college and from high school in June. Yah it feals weird, but it feals good to. I'm sick of people trying to do everything for me! I'm not a baby. I don't them, which cause lots of problems at school I want to do it myself, if you got a problem with that I'll push you out of the way and do it anyway. Stupid public education system.
To quote Trainspotting it's time to:
"Finish school, get a job, get married, have kids, get a morgage, choose that really big f**king TV..."
Sounds good to me

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Leaving education......what I reckon.....

Step one, get REALLY pissed. (and then go annoy some people that you know, it always makes more entertaining and then we get to rag you about it afterwards)

Step 2, spend several weeks moping about the house applying for junior positions in whichever field you want to explore whilst

Step 3, Get knocked back from everything remotely worth going for coz the world has half a million other applicants all in the same boat.

Step 4, Get crappy job stacking shelves in Tescos or washing windows and enjoy summer.

Step 5, Get less crappy job on bottom rung of ladder in some office or whatever will make you happy.

Step 6, Meet sexy girls at office and attempt to shag everything

Step 7, make loads of friends and get them to show you anything that interests you. Learn it inside out, standing on your head.

Step 7b, learn it all again forwards, whilst sat up the right way.

Step 8, Wait til they leave and apply for their job.

Step 9, Repeat until you've learnt everything and are the Managing Director at IBM

Step 10, Buy Cam beer

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I'm in the same sort of position as you Jon I'm still deciding whether or not to got to uni and skive *ahem* study for another three years, in Bournemouth or start looking for a job. I would really badly miss London although I have never lived away from london before and it would be a whole life experience thing. Plus I am lucky to have the option to go to uni where a lot of people don't and I worry if i don't take that chance i might regret it in the future.

I know its a bugger waiting on replys for courses

I have been worrying about entering the "real world" and its an enormously daunting thaught for me.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge