Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
We need a place to discuss video games i think.
What are some favorite consoles?
Games?
What are you looking forward to seeing?
What are some kick ass ideas you have for a game?
Are you a computer gamer?

Right now my choice console is my 360.
I can't get enough Gears of War, played the game through on nightmare about 15 times now and other then the shortness of the game i think it is one of the top games ever. I also recently got DiRT which is a rally racing game, not big on racing games but man this game is beautiful. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is another one that i can play for hours, ive hardly touched the main story line and im over 40 hours in. I'm pretty sure this game never ends

I'm REALLY looking forward to Fallout 3 which i just read about in a game informer, screens are awesome and the detail that Bethesda has put into it is amazing, It said there are going to be 8-12 different endings based on your choices through the game. And the game is SOOO choice based it makes me extremly ansty. Fall '08 is gonna take forever to get here but im sure it will be worth the wait.

As for computer games, I'm big on World of Warcraft, I play on the Dentarg server and i have a lvl 21 priest. I was on Cenarius until my ex-GF cancelled the internet, i fell out of the game for a couple months but im back into it now. i tohgught i escaped...no such luck lol.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
my favorite consoles is the PS2, might get a PS3 when it has a chip for burned CDs. (and when i have money)

right now i'm playing burnout dominator, which is pretty awesome.
also tekken 5, soul calibur 3, Smackdown! vs RAW series, Def Jam Fight For New York, and GTA San Andreas are some of my favorite ps2 games.

really looking forward to Smackdown! vs RAW 2008 and the TNA iMPACT game, also looking forward to GTA IV and Manhunt 2, and the Jackass game sounds fun.

computer games: half life 2 deathmatch is incredibly fun, you can't imagine how satisfying it is to kill your friend using a watermellon (gravity gun is awesome).
dark messiah of might and magic is pretty fun too.

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
my console of choice is PC and my favourite game is......go on guess..........

i will post later but for now I'm too tired/hungry

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
Yes we know what your favorite game is and i just lost it and so did you!

I'm a big fan of the PS2 and the NES and I will be both a Wii and a PS3 when finances allow.

Currently my favorite game is Prince Of Persia, The Two Thrones but I luv all of the POP games and most 3rd person platformers (the darker the better). Not a big fan of competitive racing games (brings out my ugly side) but I do luv SSX Tricky.

I luv video games to the degree that I have combined them with my luv of fire (see Ceberus Thread) but in recent years my lack of funding as seen them slowly slip into the background. That and it's realy annoying when you have a 3yo boy grabbing at the controller. Even worse in when your boy tries to copy the games and your the target.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I recently got a PC and I havent touched my PS2 since - probably because the sheer amount of games I have for it means I'm never bored.

About a month after I got my computer finally up and running, game packs became really popular - I got about 19 games (many with expansion packs) for about $180 all up - these include strategy, fps, rpgs and so on.

My cousin stole my copy of Fallout 2, so I haven't been able to play it for ages. Really looking forward to F3 too!

Kupo!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I generally only play World of Warcraft at the moment.
ubbrollsmile

Just hit 60 yesterday. Now only 10 more to go in Outland

bounce

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ohh Soul Calibur what a great series, from 1 and 2 Nightmare is my man but in 3 its all about Seigfried.

What server are you on UnderControl?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

I generally only play World of Warcraft at the moment.

Non-Https Image Link

wink

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
World Of Warcraft is the devil! It is a life sucking soul stealing plauge on mankind certain to destroy us all! Next step is some kind of fully immersed fantasy RPG Matrix!

But really I know to many people who's entrie lives are totaly decided by their online gaming schedules ITS REALLY SAD! People who'd rather go "questing" or "grinding" or "raiding" then spend time with there girlfreinds. Thats sad. Really sad.

Sorry, don't mean to be beating on WOW geeks, Fallout 1 &2 both rocked. Devil may cry became my mistress with each new release but 2 is my favourite. Final fantasy took over far to much of my life redface seven is my fave but I loathed 9. It was awfull! Two games called Ico and Shadow of the colossus are faveourite too. Shadow of the collosus is sooooooo pretty, its visually stunning and the game play i spectacular. Finally GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!!!! You may have guessed I'm a PS2 man but my heart still belongs to sega.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I've become a counter-striker over the past month or so...

I dislike consoles, always have. I'm a PC man through and through. A waste of time trying to list all the games I play, but mainly Warcraft 3 and CSS at the minute. (Just joined a clan for the first time ever)

(P.S. This is probably going to get moved to chat, there to sink into the obscurity that is any thread that isn't a forum game biggrin)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
FF7 was no doubt the best game I've ever played - I annoyed my friends recently by pointing out that Sephiroth is left-handed, despite their beliefs (I use a similar guard to him, but on the reverse side).

I think what makes the Fallout games so memorable and a step above a lot of other PC games is the humour and adult content - I'd prefer to play a game where a lot of thought has gone into what you do, as opposed to how it looks. F.E.A.R. is another good game, slowly getting through that one.

Kupo!

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I got a SNES and Mario for my birthday. Best ever!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im on an Eu server called "Scarshield Legion". Character name is Focnoj. ubbrollsmile

"World Of Warcraft is the devil! It is a life sucking soul stealing plauge on mankind certain to destroy us all!" - its good innit! biggrin

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
WoW: i haven't played my character since Feb. It was fine for a while, but now i have terrible terrible cravings to get shiny new epix ubbcrying

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Currently though i am mainly playing final fantasy 12. It is dead good.

The battle system is a mahoosively awesome overhaul, and i reckon a zillion future rpg's will copy it shamelessly.

the graphicy business is all whooshy and cor blimey, and makes me think i have one of those clever new console-boxes when actually it's on a PS2 which is... 7 years old now? gosh...

i have found that playing WoW has kind of cured me of the "games fever" i used to get from console games. i'm not so bothered by solo games now, and they seem to "matter" less. Now i just need to cure the "mmorpg fever" and i'll be FREE!!! FREE FOREVERMORE!!!

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."